Bigbens42

2017 4* WR Noah "Iggy" Igbinoghene Signs with AU (Updated)

108 posts in this topic

On February 7, 2017 at 7:43 AM, gr82be said:

Kodi wasn't credited with him per the recruiting rankings of coaches. Kodi was not rated. 

Going to be honest with you, he didn't require a ton of recruiting once we offered.

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Going to be honest with you, he didn't require a ton of recruiting once we offered.

The thing is we saw his talent and offered when many others didn't. So our coaching staff should get some kudos for talent evaluation.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The thing is we saw his talent and offered when many others didn't. So our coaching staff should get some kudos for talent evaluation.

Noah is very raw.  He is a 4 star because of his speed and athleticism not for his WR skills.  He has great upside but has to be "coached up".  He must embrace the physical nature of SEC football.  If not he will just be a track guy playing football.  His potential is through the roof though.   

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

He had offers from Ole Miss, Duke, Notre Dame, Maryland, Minnesota, Oregon, Va. Tech. Noah is raw, but a legit D1 receiver prospect. We weren't the only ones to see it, but Auburn is where he wanted to be. 

Edited by Bigbens42
1 person likes this

On 1/26/2017 at 9:45 PM, corchjay said:

Like I've been beating the drum as far as all around player Iggy is better then Nico Collins.  However Collins will be a matchup problem in the red one but not sure Collins can beat SEC caliber dbs in regular distance downs.  Iggy can.  I've seen both personally many times.  Adair is a decent QB that would understand our system maybe an invited walkon kind of guy.  HT also has an underclass OL that should rate high 3 - low 4 if he continues the current path.  Could also get stronger grow a little more and shoot up.  Coach Floyd being at HT will help Auburn in the long run.  He is the highest paid high school coach in the state now just a hair above Josh Niblett at Hoover.  HT has made the financial investments in sports over the past 5 years and will be a big player in the 7A market on a yearly basis now.  

On a side note one of our offensive analyst was the wide receiver coach at Trussville coaching Noah before going to Auburn last year.

Mentioned earlier about the OT from HT.  Offered yesterday 2019 OT, Pierce Quick.  Maybe E can start a thread for him.  

18 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Mentioned earlier about the OT from HT.  Offered yesterday 2019 OT, Pierce Quick.  Maybe E can start a thread for him.  

Saw it yesterday in the Tribune. 

20 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Offered yesterday 2019 OT, Pierce Quick.  Maybe E can start a thread for him.  

You can if you want. I try to wait to see where guys are on the coaches boards or have AU high on their lists before I start a thread.

Also a 2019 kid. I'm not going to start one on them unless they are a 5* with an AU offer or commit to AU.

Edited by ellitor
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

Use to go to school and church with him. He is a great kid. He wont come though, If bama offers he will go there. One of the bigger bama fans I know.