2017 4* WR Noah "Iggy" Igbinoghene Signs with AU (Updated)

AUDub

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

If what his mom told me is true, he's a tiger. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

If what his mom told me is true, he's a tiger. 

Good. Seems like he will be a great pickup for our squad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

3:00 commitment per his Twitter 

Nice timing. Get a commitment then watch my Cowboys whoop some Redskin Bootay!

• Like 1

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He may not look that fast because he's so effortless but watch the video of him running down the opposing player all the way from the opposite end zone before the guy scores on a fumble recovery. Talk about effort!

21 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

How fast is he? I heard he will be running track too. Looks like a great addition.

World class. Given his pedigree, that's no shock. As I said in the OP, mom (whom I work with) was a bronze medalist in the 4x100 for Nigeria in 1992 and an All-American at Alabama, dad was also an Olympian and an All-American at Mississippi State in the triple-jump. 

Fastest guy on the field at all times at Trussville. Big time 7A football. I watched him play in every game but one. A big play waiting to happen and a threat to go all the way any time he touched the ball. He will be tremendous for us.

Edited by Bigbens42
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Even though Noah is ranked a 3 star, I think he's a big commit at WR.

I'm really surprised he's not a four star (well, 247 rates him as one, but he's a three on the composite), but he did have offers from Duke, Notre Dame and Ole Miss. Legit D1 receiver prospect. 

12 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

I'm really surprised he's not a four star (well, 247 rates him as one, but he's a three on the composite), but he did have offers from Duke, Notre Dame and Ole Miss. Legit D1 receiver prospect. 

Sounds like he'll get it done in the classroom, too. Excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

Speedy Noah Igbinoghene aiming to play like Eli Stove in Auburn's offense (AL.com)

Eli Stove showed promise in his freshman season at Auburn, and the Tigers believe they have found someone who can duplicate his role.

New commitment Noah Igbinoghene says his football team at Hewitt-Trussville runs a similar offense to that of Auburn's Gus Malzahn, and believes he has a chance to fit right in with the game plan. After all, his head coach played for Malzahn in high school.

"(The style of play) is real important to me," Igbinoghene said Monday after checking in for the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game in Montgomery. "It's hard to learn a whole different offense. I wouldn't have to do that. It will probably change a little bit, but it's basically the same thing. I like that about it."

Stove totaled 185 yards on 19 catches for Auburn and rushed nine times for 126 yards, including a 78-yard dash on the first play from scrimmage to set up a 56-3 route of Arkansas Oct. 22.

Igbinoghene, a 6-foot, 190-pound track star, totaled 1,710 all-purpose yards and 18 touchdowns as a senior this fall. He rushed 94 times for 751 yards, 55 passes for 712 yards and eight touchdowns and had 247 kick return yards.

SEC Conference report: Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game (Rivals)

On the field: Simply put, it was a massive day for Auburn. Linebacker K.J. Britt seized a leadership role with the team on day No. 1, breaking down the huddle before and after practice. He was clearly one of the most explosive linebackers at the practice and was incredibly disruptive during full-team drills... Wide receiver commit Noah Igbinoghene was the most impressive player at the morning session and made a handful of incredible catches during one-on-one work... Alec Jackson, who physically looks like one of the most college-ready players on either roster, looked sharp in drills and batted down a pass at the line of scrimmage during the team session... Linebacker commit Tadarian Moultry won all three one-on-one reps he took while four-star defensive back Malcolm Askew grabbed an interception during team drills.

Noah and a few more of ours at the AL-MS All-Star game.