Notes on the running games this Saturday

StatTiger

Georgia's signature win may well be the Kentucky game, considering they had moved into 1st place in the East at that time, until Georgia beat them. And that, in and of itself, is a sign of just how subpar the East is. As eulessau said, Georgia racked up their defensive stats against some average and below average offenses. USC is 120th in total offense, Vandy 125th, UF 91st, and UT 78th. Surprisingly, Mizzou is actually the highest rated offense they've faced at 25th, with Ole Miss at 36th, and UNC at 40th. But Mizzou is also a terrible team and they squeaked by the Tigers back in September 28-27. Fun fact, Mizzou put up more points against Georgia than they have against any other Power 5 team they've played. Ole Miss put 45 on them in that beatdown.

Auburn will be the highest rated total offense that the dwags will have faced with by far the best rushing offense they've yet seen. I know Georgia has speed and I know they'll be motivated and physical, etc. If Auburn shows up and plays flat, we'll absolutely be staring a loss in the face. But if Auburn shows up and plays the way they played against MSU and Arkansas and Ole Miss, the final score shouldn't be close. Georgia may stack up decently well against Auburn's offense because of the injuries - they don't stack up at all against Auburn's defense and that defensive line. Again, Auburn comes out motivated and the Tigers win by 2-3 scores at the end. Here's hoping they come out motivated.

1 hour ago, lca408 said:

Georgia's signature win may well be the Kentucky game, considering they had moved into 1st place in the East at that time, until Georgia beat them. And that, in and of itself, is a sign of just how subpar the East is. As eulessau said, Georgia racked up their defensive stats against some average and below average offenses. USC is 120th in total offense, Vandy 125th, UF 91st, and UT 78th. Surprisingly, Mizzou is actually the highest rated offense they've faced at 25th, with Ole Miss at 36th, and UNC at 40th. But Mizzou is also a terrible team and they squeaked by the Tigers back in September 28-27. Fun fact, Mizzou put up more points against Georgia than they have against any other Power 5 team they've played. Ole Miss put 45 on them in that beatdown.

Auburn will be the highest rated total offense that the dwags will have faced with by far the best rushing offense they've yet seen. I know Georgia has speed and I know they'll be motivated and physical, etc. If Auburn shows up and plays flat, we'll absolutely be staring a loss in the face. But if Auburn shows up and plays the way they played against MSU and Arkansas and Ole Miss, the final score shouldn't be close. Georgia may stack up decently well against Auburn's offense because of the injuries - they don't stack up at all against Auburn's defense and that defensive line. Again, Auburn comes out motivated and the Tigers win by 2-3 scores at the end. Here's hoping they come out motivated.

This is excellent opinion/analysis.  I think many will be shocked (maybe not to the level of Arkansas) as to the outcome.  We very well may see a half dozen or more sacks and two or three picks.  Our defense is due for another "fun" game.

54 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

This is excellent opinion/analysis.  I think many will be shocked (maybe not to the level of Arkansas) as to the outcome.  We very well may see a half dozen or more sacks and two or three picks.  Our defense is due for another "fun" game.

I sure hope you´re right. I would love to see AU dominate in Athens, love to see an overdue blowout. My nerves can´t take another nail-biter like Ole Miss or Vandy.

I want to see a good mix of run and pass, which any good offensive has and what we absolutely must have to compete with UAT.

On 11/7/2016 at 9:17 AM, alexava said:

Might need C Cox to carry the ball some this week. 

This offense doesn't work without the H-back blocking. It will have to be KJ and Truitt. Let's hope they can take the beating between the tackles.

14 hours ago, eulessau said:

Georgia is ranked #20 nationally and 3rd in the SEC in rushing defense, giving up a little under 120 ypg.  They have, however, compiled this ranking against teams with an average ranking in rushing offense of 80th.  The only team they have played not included in this average is Nicholls State which is an FCS program.

Kentucky is the best rushing offense they have faced with a ranking of 31st.  Kentucky averages 215 ypg and actually rushed for 186 against Georgia.

We can, and will, run the ball on Georgia.

So true...

Statistically, when considering who both teams have played this year, everything is in Auburn's favor. The only things going against us are "history" and "gut feelings".  Until proven wrong, I'm going to have to go with the numbers over the intangibles.