CFB Playoff Poll after Week 10

ValleyTiger

10 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

We are going to need to roll over UGA to jump whisky. We need UF to keep winning. Two top ten wins would have been better. SEC is just not that strong this year. 

Two-loss, non-conference champ Wisky will not be in the playoff.

For those wringing their hands because of last nights poll just remember it means nothing in terms of predicting the final poll which is the one that counts.

Here's the reality of it.  Right now, everyone is drinking the bama Koolaid and looking at our defense looking less than dominant in the past 2 weeks.  None of them think we can beat bama (all of the talking heads said that much last night), so they aren't giving us any love. Beating Georgia might nudge us up a bit, but the reality is, until we beat bama, we're not going to get any significant movement in the polls.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

IF Wisconsin wins out they will be the B10 champs - I think

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

6 minutes ago, ertrader said:

Then they won't be "non-conference champs" will they? If they are the Big10 champ, they will be in. Just like AU will be in if we are the SEC champs.

26 minutes ago, ertrader said:

I am not sure how that would work.  They lost to Michigan and Ohio State.  I don't see any way that they become Big 10 champs.  Can you please explain how you see this happening?

21 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

I am not sure how that would work.  They lost to Michigan and Ohio State.  I don't see any way that they become Big 10 champs.  Can you please explain how you see this happening?

Not ertrader, but both Michigan and Ohio State are in the B1G East while Wisconsin is in the West.  Wisconsin is leading the West beating everybody in the West so far.  If they win out they will be in the B1G Championship game in Indy, playing either OSU or UM.  If they win that, Wisconsin is the B1G champs.  

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

For those wringing their hands because of last nights poll just remember it means nothing in terms of predicting the final poll which is the one that counts.

Right. Just ask Hillary how accurate those polls prior to the final decision are. :nopityA:

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not ertrader, but both Michigan and Ohio State are in the B1G East while Wisconsin is in the West.  Wisconsin is leading the West beating everybody in the West so far.  If they win out they will be in the B1G Championship game in Indy, playing either OSU or UM.  If they win that, Wisconsin is the B1G champs.  

Ah.  For some reason I thought MI & OSU were in opposite sides.  Thanks for the clarification.

44 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Ah.  For some reason I thought MI & OSU were in opposite sides.  Thanks for the clarification.

they were a few years ago when the divisions were leaders and legends. But since they have been changed to eat East and West divisions they have been in the same division.

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

with all due respect no. Yes the committee was inconsistent yesterday but I never want to see a computer be a part of the playoff process over again. I would rather it be decided by humans even if I disagree with their opinion.

Two-thirds of the BCS formula was based on humans. The other third ensured that actual metrics like strength of schedule were taken into account; which the committee has demonstrated to misunderstand or only use selectively. Above all, there needs to be some degree of predictability in their rankings.

4 hours ago, AUTUmike said:

Two-thirds of the BCS formula was based on humans. The other third ensured that actual metrics like strength of schedule were taken into account; which the committee has demonstrated to misunderstand or only use selectively. Above all, there needs to be some degree of predictability in their rankings.

It would be nice but it is not necessary. The only CFP poll that matters is after the conference Championship games  which is why there shouldn't be a poll every week right now in the first place.  They should have done it like NCAA basketball and just have a selection Sunday or Monday or whatever.

Also those metrics that counted for a third you are talking about also included the stupid metric of margin of victory. Computers should not count for any percentage on picking teams for a playoff. They should only be used as data for humans to analyze when making their decision.

19 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Wisky still has to play Minnesota who is also 4-2 in conference, also tied with Nebraska at 4-2, but Wisky has already beaten Nebraska, so if Wisky beats Minnesota, and Illinois and Purdue, winning out. Wisky would win the west division and play in the Big Ten championship game.  They COULD end up being another 2 loss conference champ, IF they are able to beat UM or OSU in the CG, but they have already lost to both UM and OSU.  It would be tough for them, but doable.  They lost both of those games by a TD.  

1 hour ago, tgr4lfe said:

Wisky still has to play Minnesota who is also 4-2 in conference, also tied with Nebraska at 4-2, but Wisky has already beaten Nebraska, so if Wisky beats Minnesota, and Illinois and Purdue, winning out. Wisky would win the west division and play in the Big Ten championship game.  They COULD end up being another 2 loss conference champ, IF they are able to beat UM or OSU in the CG, but they have already lost to both UM and OSU.  It would be tough for them, but doable.  They lost both of those games by a TD.  

I hope it happens, just to see what the committee would do, along with Auburn winning out.  What a dilemma for the committee to sort through.  It would be highly entertaining.

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I hope it happens, just to see what the committee would do, along with Auburn winning out.  What a dilemma for the committee to sort through.  It would be highly entertaining.

That would be A LOT harder to deal with than Auburn/bama, since Wisconsin already lost to the team they would have to beat in the championship.

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

That would be A LOT harder to deal with than Auburn/bama, since Wisconsin already lost to the team they would have to beat in the championship.

Exactly, this would entertain us for weeks while Urban or Harbaugh go after the committee in the media from the north and Saban from the south (if Auburn won the SEC Championship).  Then Finebaum on the SEC network would put his spin on it.  It would be more then I could hope for.

Archived