World markets are tanking

RunInRed

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Nope I think bird has

That wouldn't be like having 2 birds would it? We can only handle 1.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Unemployment about 4.1%....at least people will be able to find another job instead of hitting the welfare lines.    And nice that my retirement plan grew by almost 20% in the past year after a half dozen years of stagnation.

Hoping you had good luck with your investments too.  

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 2:09 AM, RunInRed said:

People are scared to death of a Trump presidency.

I hope world markets keep tanking (if they really are) because my portifolio is doing great.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Unemployment about 4.1%....at least people will be able to find another job instead of hitting the welfare lines.    And nice that my retirement plan grew by almost 20% in the past year after a half dozen years of stagnation.

Hoping you had good luck with your investments too.  

Six years of stagnation? :dunno:

Did you finally change your allocation?

Brick & Mortar Retailers are tanking, who knew? Well, just about everybody.

Guvmt Motors losing jobs? I'll be able to sleep at night.

Meanwhile, we are adding on to the plant and buying more material than ever. Our orders are way up.

Two days ago, I met with the contractors on a new $1M+ Network upgrade.

Yesterday, I met with the new fiber provider.

Toyota-Mazda adding 4K Jobs in Limestone County. 

Portfolio hasnt done anything but tread water for 8+ years. Now...WOW is it up.

I do not like Big Cheeto, but the obvious has to be said, he is enjoying a robust economic expansion. How much Cheeto had to do with it is very questionable, but he is going to get the credit in the mid-terms.

5 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I do not like Big Cheeto, but the obvious has to be said, he is enjoying a robust economic expansion. How much Cheeto had to do with it is very questionable, but he is going to get the credit in the mid-terms.

He'll get walloped in the mid-terms.  Not because of the economy but still ...

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

I didn't know you were a "Dreamer." :-\

14 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

And go read my post regarding the news today on Apple.

Sweet, isn't it!

Apple to add 20K jobs, pay $38B US tax bill to repatriate cash

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2018 at 10:56 AM, RunInRed said:

Let's not kid ourselves, most do. Historically speaking.

https://www.npr.org/2014/10/30/360133533/the-devastating-history-of-midterm-elections

22 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Let's not kid ourselves, most do. Historically speaking.

https://www.npr.org/2014/10/30/360133533/the-devastating-history-of-midterm-elections

Yep, I fully expect him to lose the House.

Back to topic, markets tanked big today ... the sugar high is likely coming to an end ... corrections are coming.

5 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Yep, I fully expect him to lose the House.

Back to topic, markets tanked big today ... the sugar high is likely coming to an end ... corrections are coming.

Your prediction gives me hope! ;D

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:52 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Your prediction gives me hope! ;D

Trust you are not getting your financial advice from this site.....from some of the conversations over the year I'm betting that a few folks had their investments in CDs since the election waiting on the world to collapse....missed the 40% market gain. Even at my age it is still a long-term world.:) 

16 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Trust you are not getting your financial advice from this site.....from some of the conversations over the year I'm betting that a few folks had their investments in CDs since the election waiting on the world to collapse....missed the 40% market gain. Even at my age it is still a long-term world.:) 

It was a tongue in cheek comment regarding Red's prediction history. Buy low/sell high never changes. 

35 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

It was a tongue in cheek comment regarding Red's prediction history. Buy low/sell high never changes. 

I realize that...and of course even folks who make comments on this site like that are probably informed enough to realize that one day or week does not make the market.    Back in my working days when our company started the 401k plan I saw people (inexperienced investors) whose first inclinations were buy high and sell low.....get into the market when it's moving up and then with the first downturn they unload....and easy thing to do I guess.  And it's still hard to convince some people that the market is not the economy.... 

9 hours ago, AU64 said:

Good stuff 64, "ride the tide and not the waves", but..........do not let a let a great wave pass 

Of course with rising bond yields, people are selling. Individual income seeking investors, like many of us I presume, eventually can't keep up with an over performing market. This is all part of the process. No worries whatsoever. MAGA!!!

Archived