World markets are tanking

RunInRed

43 minutes ago, homersapien said:

David Duke: Trump win a great victory for 'our people'

"Make no mistake about it, our people have played a HUGE role in electing Trump!" he wrote.

I see you are grasping any straw you can find to smear this victory by Trump.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, homersapien said:

First, let me clarify:

By "losers" I wasn't referring to the election.  I meant losers in life.  

You know, people who lost their jobs and weren't able to adapt, preferring to simple blame it on immigrants or foreign companies. People who were too short sighted to see their future depended on acquiring education or new skills.  Also people who depend on the advantages of simply being white and privileged and resent the fact they are losing their majority. People who resent the competition presented by the 'coloreds' and immigrants to white people.

And yes, I did predict Clinton would win.  Like almost everyone else, I trusted in the polls which were obviously wrong.  Do you seriously believe that means I believe I was "intellectually superior"?  That's an absurd and irrational charge. You've got issues.

Homer, this makes you sound like an elitist and a racist. You're upset,  but don't be petty.

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

First, let me clarify:

You know, people who lost their jobs and weren't able to adapt, preferring to simple blame it on immigrants or foreign companies. People who were too short sighted to see their future depended on acquiring education or new skills.  Also people who depend on the advantages of simply being white and privileged and resent the fact they are losing their majority. People who resent the competition presented by the 'coloreds' and immigrants to white people.

And yes, I did predict Clinton would win.  Like almost everyone else, I trusted in the polls which were obviously wrong.  Do you seriously believe that means I believe I was "intellectually superior"?  That's an absurd and irrational charge. You've got issues.

So yeah, I think you think you are intellectually superior; just like your candidate did.  Otherwise, you wouldn't call half the population of the country your "enemy" (which your candidate did) and losers (which you just did).  I think that pretty much speaks for itself.   

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

First, stop lying about me.  I didn't say any of those things. 

Secondly, there are more people who think Hillary would have been better for the country than the losers who voted for Trump.  And I bet quite a few of them - along with me - are smarter than you.  But time will tell, huh?

You are an embarrassment to this forum.  You can't leave soon enough.

But please come back in a couple of years and we'll revisit how great for the country Trump has been.

Daaamn Homey... your heart turn colder with the weather or what?

That's mean man.

32 minutes ago, homersapien said:

First, let me clarify:

Perhaps but, I do not believe it is that simple.  That simplicity is merely the associated rhetoric.  Seems as though you are playing along.

I don't believe the majority of these people are inherently racist or, feel privileged.  I think they are frightened, angry, misinformed.  They do not sufficiently understand politics, economics, power, finance.  Like those people demonized by the political right, they aren't unwilling.  They want opportunity.  They do not understand the paradigm shift represented by globalization, automation, consolidation.  Almost all of us will have a reality check unless, we realize that we need to focus on understanding the future, not the past.  We need to examine the realities of American capitalism, not embrace the ideology of free market capitalism.  We have to look at all of these people with a sense of respect and compassion.  We all need to appreciate that expanding economies are most often characterized by broad growth, not consolidation.  We all need to appreciate the true greatness of capitalism, competition, not the thwarting of competition through economic and political power.  

Sure, Trump's rhetoric brought out the worst characteristics of many of these people.  However, deep down, that is a manifestation of fear and anger.  They don't know who, or what, to really be angry with but, like those who supported Bernie, they know that for the past 16 years neither establishment Democrats or Republicans have effectively dealt with the economic and social realities of the growing numbers of disenfranchised.  As the relative values of capital and labor move apart, perhaps there is a "silver lining" in all of this, politically, socially, economically. and from a gained sense of humanitarianism?

Clinton didn't lose because these are inherently bad people.  She lost because they are afraid/angry and, she did absolutely nothing to attempt to connect with them.  She relied on her own platitudes, rhetoric, support of her base.  In fact, she pushed these people away and demonized them.  Foolish move because, say what you will about them.  They do get out and vote.  They may not understand and comprehend all of the economic and political factors, the social implications but, they do care.  Don't blame them when no one is willing to offer detailed explanations, concrete solutions, effective change.  You can not blame the misinformed when you make no sincere attempt in inform them.

14 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Perhaps but, I do not believe it is that simple.  That simplicity is merely the associated rhetoric.  Seems as though you are playing along.

I don't believe the majority of these people are inherently racist or, feel privileged.  I think they are frightened, angry, misinformed.  They do not sufficiently understand politics, economics, power, finance.  Like those people demonized by the political right, they aren't unwilling.  They want opportunity.  They do not understand the paradigm shift represented by globalization, automation, consolidation.  Almost all of us will have a reality check unless, we realize that we need to focus on understanding the future, not the past.  We need to examine the realities of American capitalism, not embrace the ideology of free market capitalism.  We have to look at all of these people with a sense of respect and compassion.  We all need to appreciate that expanding economies are most often characterized by broad growth, not consolidation.  We all need to appreciate the true greatness of capitalism, competition, not the thwarting of competition through economic and political power.  

Sure, Trump's rhetoric brought out the worst characteristics of many of these people.  However, deep down, that is a manifestation of fear and anger.  They don't know who, or what, to really be angry with but, like those who supported Bernie, they know that for the past 16 years neither establishment Democrats or Republicans have effectively dealt with the economic and social realities of the growing numbers of disenfranchised.  As the relative values of capital and labor move apart, perhaps there is a "silver lining" in all of this, politically, socially, economically. and from a gained sense of humanitarianism?

Clinton didn't lose because these are inherently bad people.  She lost because they are afraid/angry and, she did absolutely nothing to attempt to connect with them.  She relied on her own platitudes, rhetoric, support of her base.  In fact, she pushed these people away and demonized them.  Foolish move because, say what you will about them.  They do get out and vote.  They may not understand and comprehend all of the economic and political factors, the social implications but, they do care.  Don't blame them when no one is willing to offer detailed explanations, concrete solutions, effective change.  You can not blame the misinformed when you make no sincere attempt in inform them.

Shut it down. Perfectly stated and well done.

David Duke is an idiot with a computer.....can say anything he wants to and nobody with any brains believes anything he has to say.  

I mean, another idiot talking head,  Vann Jones declared today that Trump's victory was because a "white-lash" and racist.....so is that the official viewpoint of all HC supporters out there?  

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Misinformed?  Really?  ."They do not sufficiently understand politics, economics, power, finance."...really?  You're as bad as Homey...more horse***t from the "smart people" who somehow mis-read everything...I don't mean somethings...I mean everything about this election....

Let me tell you what these folks understand you condescending prick ..They understand that the temporary occupant of the WH works for them; not the other way around....they understand that they make less than they did 15 years ago.  To be exact, over 50% of them make less than they did 15 years ago...They understand that in spite of what the unemployment numbers say, there are fewer jobs available for the average Joe; and especially the average African American Joe; than at any time since the last liberal savior Jimmy Carter ****** things up.  They understand that their gov't incents businesses to move jobs overseas.  They understand their gov't has one set of rules now for the people they favor and another for them....They understand that their gov't won't take care of veterans, but can find it in their hearts to take care of an unvetted refuguee from Syria..they understand that their gov't is actually undermining the rule of law with it's failure to enforce basic immigration statutes...they understand the gov't turns a blind eye to the 25,000 murders committed every year by illegal immigrants because, well, hell, no one actually understand this...but their gov't goes into histrionics when 270 people are killed by an AR annually....They understand they are tired of being told that they don't understand economics when they run their own restaurant, run their own small shop, run their own grocery store, run their own tech shop, run their own tire store, run their own Dr. office and have to figure out each month how to make payroll, how to pay payroll taxes, how to make insurance premium payments for their employees in the face of stifling regulation and oppressive taxes while still making it the little league practice, the JC meeting, the Lion's club meeting and being  home for dinner....well, occasionally making it home for dinner.  They understand Hillary was with... Hillary; not them...they also understand that Hillary wouldn't know the truth if it hit her between the eyes....they also know that the press had their noses so far up Hillary's ass that they can't hear their own sound checks...and lastly, and most importantly, they also understand that you; you smug bystanding a**holes; who think somehow you have special knowledge on how to waste $$Trillions of their hard earned money; must be separated form their $$ if they are to have any hope of improving their lot....

Welllll as a Trump supporter im happy he won. I dont think he'll be as crazy as most people believe, hes made a living doing business and those who've worked with him say he's a great businessman.  I think he'll do a lot in his first 100 days and then sit on it for 3+ years. I do hope that the Americans who supported Hillary will help shape policies that benefit everyone. Thats the way things used to get done, hopefully we can get back to that. 

6 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Welllll as a Trump supporter im happy he won. I dont think he'll be as crazy as most people believe, hes made a living doing business and those who've worked with him say he's a great businessman.  I think he'll do a lot in his first 100 days and then sit on it for 3+ years. I do hope that the Americans who supported Hillary will help shape policies that benefit everyone. Thats the way things used to get done, hopefully we can get back to that. 

It would be nice, but with how nasty this election was I don't know how quickly a turn around can happen. Saw a woman on 60 minutes last week who was utterly convinced due to media/social media that Trump was a serial rapist simply wanting to get into power to have more free reign to sate his sick sexual desires. This woman was deadly serious in her belief, and I believe 100% that she is not some extreme minority. There are many who believe Trump isn't just a jackass celebrity with no experience, but that he is actually a monster of a human being that will ruin this country.

Hmm i feel for those people. I was pretty pissed when Obama won, but gave him the benefit of the doubt (his first term).  We've gotta believe in one another, have compassion for each other. Until then...

BEAT BAMA & WDE!!!

I am glad he won. I think he is going to do better than most people give him credit. I do believe his temperament will be different now that he won. 

His ego will make him want to be the best he can be. Also, you have to give him credit for closing this race. He saw something in the battleground states a few weeks ago that made him really go 1000% all in on them and obviously it paid off. 

11 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I am glad he won. I think he is going to do better than most people give him credit. I do believe his temperament will be different now that he won. 

His ego will make him want to be the best he can be. Also, you have to give him credit for closing this race. He saw something in the battleground states a few weeks ago that made him really go 1000% all in on them and obviously it paid off. 

Cant argue with that. The number of rallies he hit toward the end was pretty impressive.

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

If there is a God, she's laughing her ass off.

God isn't laughing at your statement though. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

It makes you wonder what he saw in those states that apparently no one else was.

They saw it also, we were just being lied to!

Look at the amount of time Hillary, Barack and Michelle spent in the same states the last two weeks. I wonder why, when the polls showed she had them all locked up?

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

Misinformed?  Really?  ."They do not sufficiently understand politics, economics, power, finance."...really?  You're as bad as Homey...more horse***t from the "smart people" who somehow mis-read everything...I don't mean somethings...I mean everything about this election....

Let me tell you what these folks understand you condescending prick ..They understand that the temporary occupant of the WH works for them; not the other way around....they understand that they make less than they did 15 years ago.  To be exact, over 50% of them make less than they did 15 years ago...They understand that in spite of what the unemployment numbers say, there are fewer jobs available for the average Joe; and especially the average African American Joe; than at any time since the last liberal savior Jimmy Carter ****** things up.  They understand that their gov't incents businesses to move jobs overseas.  They understand their gov't has one set of rules now for the people they favor and another for them....They understand that their gov't won't take care of veterans, but can find it in their hearts to take care of an unvetted refuguee from Syria..they understand that their gov't is actually undermining the rule of law with it's failure to enforce basic immigration statutes...they understand the gov't turns a blind eye to the 25,000 murders committed every year by illegal immigrants because, well, hell, no one actually understand this...but their gov't goes into histrionics when 270 people are killed by an AR annually....They understand they are tired of being told that they don't understand economics when they run their own restaurant, run their own small shop, run their own grocery store, run their own tech shop, run their own tire store, run their own Dr. office and have to figure out each month how to make payroll, how to pay payroll taxes, how to make insurance premium payments for their employees in the face of stifling regulation and oppressive taxes while still making it the little league practice, the JC meeting, the Lion's club meeting and being  home for dinner....well, occasionally making it home for dinner.  They understand Hillary was with... Hillary; not them...they also understand that Hillary wouldn't know the truth if it hit her between the eyes....they also know that the press had their noses so far up Hillary's ass that they can't hear their own sound checks...and lastly, and most importantly, they also understand that you; you smug bystanding a**holes; who think somehow you have special knowledge on how to waste $$Trillions of their hard earned money; must be separated form their $$ if they are to have any hope of improving their lot....

Your anger is preventing you from being able to comprehend.  You are all over the rhetorical map.  You aren't separating rhetoric and reality.  Economics, fear, disenfranchisement are driving people away from establishment candidates.  Trump was most effective when he talked about trade and jobs.  This has nothing to do with AR 15s, Jimmy Carter, non existent sole proprietor grocery stores, being home for dinner, or even illegal aliens.  This is about two parties who will openly sell out the interests of Americans to special interests.  Let's hope that Trump has something more than another tax break for the wealthiest. There are people who are winning.  There are just too few of them (in this country and globally).  There are reasons related to globalization, technology, and government.  Anger and ideology aren't helping.  

What will help is recognizing the changing world, understanding the growing disparity between the relative values of capital and labor, understanding how we will have to change as technologies further diminish the demand for labor, where will the means of consumption come from in the future, how and why every government on the planet is heavily in debt.  It will take more than anger, ideology and rhetoric to effectively broaden opportunity and prosperity.  

Thank you for proving that understanding is in fact, limited by anger, fear, frustration.  Ultimately, it is born not in rhetoric or ideology.  The anger, fear, and frustration are the result of a government that no longer represents them and hasn't, regardless of party, for quite some time.

3 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

Hmm i feel for those people. I was pretty pissed when Obama won, but gave him the benefit of the doubt (his first term).  We've gotta believe in one another, have compassion for each other. Until then...

BEAT BAMA & WDE!!!

Hoping for it. But again, most peoples thoughts on Obama when he won was the normal "He's a democrat, I didn't want him to win!" and not "This man is going to end the country and maybe the human race!"

Still hope for the best, and maybe it'll come... but I suspect even if it does it's gonna take awhile.

10 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

I can not believe that is something to you or anyone lol. What kinda logic structure are you trying to build here? 

Sorry, but you need to rephrase those sentences in a form that's coherent. 

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Homer, this makes you sound like an elitist and a racist. You're upset,  but don't be petty.

Well, at least I can take satisfaction you don't seem to think I really am "elitist and a racist".

(Not real sure how you derived racist out of that.)

Archived