World markets are tanking

RunInRed

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Good grief homer don't you ever have fun. Calling me a snowflake wow don't take everything so serious 

That was being friendly for Homer........

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Good grief homer don't you ever have fun. Calling me a snowflake wow don't take everything so serious. I should have known not to answer your post. 

Sorry, but your response didn't come across as light-hearted.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

An anonymous internet bully.....big f****** deal....must make your day.....

32 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Didn't know you knew my Dad. Disabled WWII vet who fought in the Philippines ran for senator as a Republican in Ala. in the 60's when Al. was all George Wallace democrat. 

I remember those days.....prior to that Jimmy Faulkner from our area ran against Folsom and I guess against Wallace too....

54 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Didn't know you knew my Dad. Disabled WWII vet who fought in the Philippines ran for senator as a Republican in Ala. in the 60's when Al. was all George Wallace democrat. 

My papaw was on the B29s bombing the Philippines out of the Mariana Islands. 

13 hours ago, AU64 said:

Substance is not one of Homer’s priorities. Just Trump-bashing and bullying

14 hours ago, AU64 said:

:dunno:  Where was I "mean"?  How am I being a bully?

You and couple of your buddies are constantly sniping me.  (Looking at you Nola).

I figure it's because you are butt hurt by something I posted.  If so - and depending on the context -  I apologize.  And if you want to dredge up something I said that still gives you heartburn, I will apologize for it under the same conditions. 

In this case, I made a wiscrack about farmers praying for impeachment instead of rain. (Due to the Trump's trade war, get it?)

Anyway, I made the mistake of using Golf's post as the straight line for my "joke", and he took offense. (I thought he would laugh).

His response - "You didn't know my father".... - came across to me as unnecessarily defensive and confrontational.  Of course I didn't know his father.  I was making a generalized joke, not a comment about his father. 

I thought that was obvious, but in hindsight, I could have written an independent set up - like "I bet a lot of farmers today are praying for..."   But I didn't.  I'll try to remember that for the future.

However, I will admit I added fuel to the conflict by calling Golf a "snowflake".  For thatI apologize Golf.  It was self-indulgent - partly because I was offended by his confrontational tone and secondly, because - as far as I know - the term "snowflake" came from your tribe so I like to turn it around whenever possible. (Yes, that's quite immature of me....)

Bottom line, if you want to discuss anything thing I post on this forum please, let's parse it.  But the constant sniping demeaning to yourself. 

49 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Substance is not one of Homer’s priorities. Just Trump-bashing and bullying

See the post above.  It is jointly addressed to you.

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

you are butt hurt by something I posted.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You and couple of your buddies are constantly sniping me.

Anybody else notice the blatant irony? 

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Anybody else notice the blatant irony? 

Less discuss that.

I never said I didn't occasionally snipe at people, but I seem to attract a lot more than I give.  I am trying to break the habit. Feel free to point out when I fail.

(To clarify, I define "sniping" as simple poo flinging without any specific connection to the issue being discussed. It's simple ad-hominem insult with a point.)

Meanwhile, back to the present:  Do you care to add any substantive observations about my posts in this thread to the poo flinging.  After all, I think one of your frequent criticism is my lack of substance.  So where's your substance,  on this thread, right now.  

5 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

We love you Homer

Well you sure do give me a lot of attention.  :-*

I'll just take that as a indicator of my effectiveness.

Less discuss that.

I never said I didn't occasionally snipe at people, but I seem to attract a lot more than I give.  I am trying to break the habit. Feel free to point out when I fail.

(To clarify, I define "sniping" as simple poo flinging without any specific connection to the issue being discussed. It's simple ad-hominem insult with a point.)

Meanwhile, back to the present:  Do you care to add any substantive observations about my posts in this thread to the poo flinging.  After all, I think one of your frequent criticism is my lack of substance.  So where's your substance,  on this thread, right now.  

How about saying "They should have a picture of PT next to the explanation of 'cognitive dissonance' in Wikipedia." - In the CNN Professor thread. 

You're free to read prior comments that I have posted on this thread. 

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

How about saying "They should have a picture of PT next to the explanation of 'cognitive dissonance' in Wikipedia." - In the CNN Professor thread. 

You're free to read prior comments that I have posted on this thread. 

And what was that context again, "halfwit"?

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Yep, go ahead and justify. Sad!!!

Gee, and here I was hoping for a serious discussion of how presidential Trump's tweets are. 

:no:

For someone who constantly accuses me of lacking "substance" in my posts, you sure seem to avoid it.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Gee, and here I was hoping for a serious discussion of how presidential Trump's tweets are. 

:no:

For someone who constantly accuses me of lacking "substance" in my posts, you sure seem to avoid it.

Yes, because I don't combat jest with substance - would be a waste of energy. 

21 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Yes, because I don't combat jest with substance - would be a waste of energy. 

Then stop bitching about the lack of it. 

There's always some substance in my posts, even if I am joking.  Trump's tweeting is a perfect example.

Let's discuss that part if you must respond.

Then stop bitching about the lack of it. 

There's always some substance in my posts, even if I am joking.  Trump's tweeting is a perfect example.

Let's discuss that part if you must respond.

You think I am "bitching?"

The man tweets like a child. What conversation of substance can we have about that? 

Lets try something else...You hate fossil fuels but you don't want the markets to tank, right? So, why don't we talk about Shell's project it just finished re Appomattox semisubmersible platform hull? Bureau of Safety and Env. Enforcement New Orleans district just signed off on it earlier this week. Will produce from two fields and be the largest floating platform in the Gulf. First oil predicted by 2020 and will contribute about 175,000 boe/d to nation's supply. Substantial economic benefits also. 

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You think I am "bitching?"

The man tweets like a child. What conversation of substance can we have about that? 

Lets try something else...You hate fossil fuels but you don't want the markets to tank, right? So, why don't we talk about Shell's project it just finished re Appomattox semisubmersible platform hull? Bureau of Safety and Env. Enforcement New Orleans district just signed off on it earlier this week. Will produce from two fields and be the largest floating platform in the Gulf. First oil predicted by 2020 and will contribute about 175,000 boe/d to nation's supply. Substantial economic benefits also. 

Well, first I respect your perception and succinctness on Trump's tweets (which of course, reflect Trump's basic  character).  

The topic switch is somewhat random, but I'm game:  

I certainly don't "hate" fossil fuels when I am fueling my "daily" driver, my sports car, my tractor, and my tiller, two chainsaws, brush saw, and generator.

But here's the thing, science tells us that we cannot use what remains of known petroleum reserves without exceeding the 2 degree warming limit agreed to by the world's nations.  (We are currently on track for a 5 degree warming, which will be catastrophic, if not for me.)

Now, I won't be surprised for you call me a hypocrite, and you might be right, to some extent.  But I can explain why you'd be mostly wrong.   

But we probably should start another thread to do so. It's a big topic.  But one worth having.

15 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, first I respect your perception and succinctness on Trump's tweets (which of course, reflect Trump's basic  character).  

The topic switch is somewhat random, but I'm game:  

I certainly don't "hate" fossil fuels when I am fueling my "daily" driver, my sports car, my tractor, and my tiller, two chainsaws, brush saw, and generator.

But here's the thing, science tells us that we cannot use what remains of known petroleum reserves without exceeding the 2 degree warming limit agreed to by the world's nations.  (We are currently on track for a 5 degree warming, which will be catastrophic, if not for me.)

Now, I won't be surprised for you call me a hypocrite, and you might be right, to some extent.  But I can explain why you'd be mostly wrong.   

But we probably should start another thread to do so. It's a big topic.  But one worth having.

You’re right - Appropriate for another thread

Archived