World markets are tanking

RunInRed

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Well this is entertaining.

Next topic:  How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

I once had a drill sergeant, as serious can be, asks the buddy beside me: "Private! How many holes are in a saltine cracker!!" And I'm telling you, the DS had the knife hand and was literally three inches from kissing him. Because the moment was so surreal to me, I couldn't hold it in and started laughing. Ended up doing a lot of push-ups for the next 15 or so minutes.

37 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I once had a drill sergeant, as serious can be, asks the buddy beside me: "Private! How many holes are in a saltine cracker!!" And I'm telling you, the DS had the knife hand and was literally three inches from kissing him. Because the moment was so surreal to me, I couldn't hold it in and started laughing. Ended up doing a lot of push-ups for the next 15 or so minutes.

36?  25?

Nope...13...just checked.  That's a brutal question.

9 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

36?  25?

Nope...13...just checked.  That's a brutal question.

According to him, it varied from 13 to 15. The unlikelihood that I'd hear that question in that situation and in that manner freaking made it perfect. 

I'm pretty sure drill sergeants sit at night and discuss with others the various ways to mess with their soldiers.

17 hours ago, japantiger said:

Misinformed?  Really?  ."They do not sufficiently understand politics, economics, power, finance."...really?  You're as bad as Homey...more horse***t from the "smart people" who somehow mis-read everything...I don't mean somethings...I mean everything about this election....

Let me tell you what these folks understand you condescending prick ..They understand that the temporary occupant of the WH works for them; not the other way around....they understand that they make less than they did 15 years ago.  To be exact, over 50% of them make less than they did 15 years ago...They understand that in spite of what the unemployment numbers say, there are fewer jobs available for the average Joe; and especially the average African American Joe; than at any time since the last liberal savior Jimmy Carter ****** things up.  They understand that their gov't incents businesses to move jobs overseas.  They understand their gov't has one set of rules now for the people they favor and another for them....They understand that their gov't won't take care of veterans, but can find it in their hearts to take care of an unvetted refuguee from Syria..they understand that their gov't is actually undermining the rule of law with it's failure to enforce basic immigration statutes...they understand the gov't turns a blind eye to the 25,000 murders committed every year by illegal immigrants because, well, hell, no one actually understand this...but their gov't goes into histrionics when 270 people are killed by an AR annually....They understand they are tired of being told that they don't understand economics when they run their own restaurant, run their own small shop, run their own grocery store, run their own tech shop, run their own tire store, run their own Dr. office and have to figure out each month how to make payroll, how to pay payroll taxes, how to make insurance premium payments for their employees in the face of stifling regulation and oppressive taxes while still making it the little league practice, the JC meeting, the Lion's club meeting and being  home for dinner....well, occasionally making it home for dinner.  They understand Hillary was with... Hillary; not them...they also understand that Hillary wouldn't know the truth if it hit her between the eyes....they also know that the press had their noses so far up Hillary's ass that they can't hear their own sound checks...and lastly, and most importantly, they also understand that you; you smug bystanding a**holes; who think somehow you have special knowledge on how to waste $$Trillions of their hard earned money; must be separated form their $$ if they are to have any hope of improving their lot....

This is exactly how I feel. Comes from the heart and is a result of what you have lived and experienced in your own life and seen with your own 2 eyes. It is refreshing to see someone come on here and expose the last 8 years of Obama's miserable reign as president w/out having to share a "link, or give a source". Good job!

12 hours ago, cptau said:

Sounds a lot like Obama in 08.         

And didn't obama play to fears and prejudices while campaigning for Clinton last week?

No to both statements.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

As far as the "racist" part.

Reverse racism is still racism. Imagine the response if someone had posted,

...Also people who depend on the advantages of simply being black and underprivileged...

But that's what Trump did.  He deliberately played to peoples fears and prejudice toward immigrants and Muslims.

I am not validating these fears and prejudices, but  Trump did.  That's one of the reasons people are demonstrating against him.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

According to him, it varied from 13 to 15. The unlikelihood that I'd hear that question in that situation and in that manner freaking made it perfect. 

I'm pretty sure drill sergeants sit at night and discuss with others the various ways to mess with their soldiers.

Would have been the perfect question to ask the Foy front desk.

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

This is exact formula Obama ran with in '08

6007671_orig.jpg

I'm not trying to make this an Obama issue. However, just like Trump and the Klan, Obama was endorsed by an equally racist group. And just like Trump, Obama was railed upon by their support. In politics,  one might not agree with a group, but you certainly won't turn down their vote. 

I know that conservatives tried to falsely tie Obama to that group, but I don't know what - if anything - Obama said to disavow them.  Was he ever asked to to?  I don't know.

Regardless, Obama never solicited support by deliberately playing to the racial fear and prejudices of any group.

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Well then just about every presidential campaign is linked together. I'm sure that was what Bird was going after. :-\

"A safer world and a more hopeful America"-Bush. 

I can't remember people being led in long repeated chants of that Bush quote. If it was his second election I was in Iraq the whole year, wouldn't have gotten a chance to see it. I also can't remember other candidates having their followers repeat chants at rallies. If they did they did not enjoy near the success with them that Trump and Obama did with theirs.

Use goofy face all ya want, it's goofy to say that Obama and Trumps campaign are comparable in no way. :-\

1 minute ago, Mims44 said:

Use goofy face all ya want, it's goofy to say that Obama and Trumps campaign are comparable in no way. :-\

Creating hope among the fanbase with slogans isn't exclusive to just Trump and Obama. 

So while saying there were zero similarities among two is technically invalid as I cannot prove that, the notion that those two campaigns are strongly similar is just as false. 

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

...Also people who depend on the advantages of simply being black and underprivileged...

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

But that's what Trump did.  He deliberately played to peoples fears and prejudice toward immigrants and Muslims.

I am not validating these fears and prejudices, but  Trump did.  That's one of the reasons people are demonstrating against him.

But that's not racism. "Muslim" is not a race, "Illegal immigrant" is not a race.

Unless he put a racial qualifier in front of it like "Non-white illegals" or "Only white muslims are cool"

I get people, especially this election have been using racism as a catchall, probably because it's much easier than going through all the "isms" he is showing through his speech. It just irks me still... :)

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Creating hope among the fanbase with slogans isn't exclusive to just Trump and Obama. 

So while saying there were zero similarities among two is technically invalid as I cannot prove that, the notion that those two campaigns are strongly similar is just as false. 

I wasn't pointing out they were strongly similar. The original statement was they could be compared in no way, which was false.

This argument could be easily fit into the football forums about SW last year...

1. SW will never have a good game!

2. Well, what about these games?

1. Well, of course he did vs those opponents.

2. shouldn't have said never then.

6 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

But that's not racism. "Muslim" is not a race, "Illegal immigrant" is not a race.

Unless he put a racial qualifier in front of it like "Non-white illegals" or "Only white muslims are cool"

I get people, especially this election have been using racism as a catchall, probably because it's much easier than going through all the "isms" he is showing through his speech. It just irks me still... :)

People can be discriminated against for more things than just skin color. Race is only a cultural concept anyways. Cultural racism and other isms can occur.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

People can be discriminated against for more things than just skin color. Race is only a cultural concept anyways. Cultural racism and other isms can occur.

That was my point, using the correct words to describe the world around you is important.

If I say I hate all old people, it is incorrect to say I am racist. If I say I hate all Asians it is wrong to say I am sexist. If I hate all women you shouldn't call me ageist.

3 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

I wasn't pointing out they were strongly similar. The original statement was they could be compared in no way, which was false.

This argument could be easily fit into the football forums about SW last year...

1. SW will never have a good game!

2. Well, what about these games?

1. Well, of course he did vs those opponents.

2. shouldn't have said never then.

What you're trying to show in your in parallal is the no true Scotsman fallacy.  However it really doesn't apply. Sure there are similarities, such as both campaigns surely had campaign staffs. You can win that argument all day.  But Bird asserted similarities among the two campaigns as both utilizing fear and racism to gain a vote and that is false.

6 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

That was my point, using the correct words to describe the world around you is important.

If I say I hate all old people, it is incorrect to say I am racist. If I say I hate all Asians it is wrong to say I am sexist. If I hate all women you shouldn't call me ageist.

Race is a social construct, not a natural concept. Who is to define what is correct?

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

What you're trying to show in your in parallal is the no true Scotsman fallacy.  However it really doesn't apply. Sure there are similarities, such as both campaigns surely had campaign staffs. You can win that argument all day.  But Bird asserted similarities among the two campaigns as both utilizing fear and racism to gain a vote and that is false.

You hated how Obama rode the wave of constant attention from the mainstream media into office, and how they played along with his game, draining the life out of every other candidate by describing him as an inevitable juggernaut, an unstoppable political force, and a game-changer who was tapping into something deep and powerful in American political life.

But you love it from Trump.

You hated how Obama's naive ignorance of the real and brutal world of international affairs was papered over by his hollow promises to make the world respect the United States again.

You hated Barack Obama's cult-like followers, with their mindless stares of adoration, their impervious barrier between emotion and reason, and their instant fury when confronted with the facts about his record, his history, or his philosophy.

You hated Obama's shallow, facile rhetoric, with its hollow promises and loose, lowest-common-denominator word-vomit disconnected from any real policy.

taken from: http://ijr.com/opinion/2015/08/246433-you-hate-it-from-barack-obama-but-you-love-it-from-donald-trump/

Pointing out the hypocrisy of Trump cult followers, and their ironic similarities to Obamas.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Race is a social construct, not a natural concept. Who is to define what is correct?

Sure thing.

Stop being racist towards me Jeff!

8 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

You hated how Obama rode the wave of constant attention from the mainstream media into office, and how they played along with his game, draining the life out of every other candidate by describing him as an inevitable juggernaut, an unstoppable political force, and a game-changer who was tapping into something deep and powerful in American political life.

You hated how Obama's naive ignorance of the real and brutal world of international affairs was papered over by his hollow promises to make the world respect the United States again.

You hated Barack Obama's cult-like followers, with their mindless stares of adoration, their impervious barrier between emotion and reason, and their instant fury when confronted with the facts about his record, his history, or his philosophy.

You hated Obama's shallow, facile rhetoric, with its hollow promises and loose, lowest-common-denominator word-vomit disconnected from any real policy.

taken from: http://ijr.com/opinion/2015/08/246433-you-hate-it-from-barack-obama-but-you-love-it-from-donald-trump/

Pointing out the hypocrisy of Trump cult followers, and their ironic similarities to Obamas.

This is about as credibile as the idea that I'm racist toward all mims'

Archived