Clinton will win the popular vote

RunInRed

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trump gained in black and Latino voters.  Just imagine how much more he would've gotten if you wasn't such a racist. That was sarcasm ,by the way. 

Just now, AgentOrange said:

Correct me if I wrong, but didn't Obama lose the popular vote when he was re-elected? 

No.  He won the popular vote by over 5 million.

She will not win a majority of the 2016 popular vote as Gary Johnson is pulling in about 3% of the total popular vote.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=2016+popular+vote+count&eob=enn/p//0/1///////////

Bill Clinton also never won a majority of the popular vote in 1992 and 1996 due to Ross Perot.

She won't win a majority of the vote, but she will join all but one Democratic nominee for president since Michael Dukakis in winning the popular vote. There's something very odd and disconcerting about the fact that six of the last seven Democrats won the popular vote, but those same nominees have only held the White House four times. Just bangs home the fact that America is not now and never has been a true democracy. Now, the only question is whether America is anything more than 1925 Italy the Sequel.

2 hours ago, kd4au said:

At this point what difference does it make.

It won't make a bit of difference -- this is the 5th time in the history of the Republic where the President-Elect won the electoral vote but didn't win the popular vote. 

Not the norm but not all that unusual

19 minutes ago, kd4au said:

America has never been a democracy it is a republic.

This is a false dichotomy. I'd say we are a democratic republic. After all, rhe ordinary population has some direct say such as the popular vote.

Representative Republic. We elect those who govern for us. Our individual votes don't dictate policy directly. 

2 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Representative Republic. We elect those who govern for us. Our individual votes don't dictate policy directly. 

Well then did why do you go vote yesterday? You didn't have any issues to vote on? 

We are a Democratically elected Republic. Everyone votes to choose representatives of the public.

The Electoral College is serving its function. If we were a democracy - Wisconsin would not have mattered last night. Clinton would have been fine for never going there. She pulled almost 5 million extra votes out of CA and NY alone.

Gore gained about 3 million from these two and about 500,000 each from Illinois and NJ.

That is a lot of pull for so few states. 

15 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Well then did why do you go vote yesterday? You didn't have any issues to vote on? 

i didn't ? 

You know this... how ? 

14 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

jeff - go back and re-read the gibberish you posted. 

You're asking me ... something. Not sure what. Why did I go out and vote yesterday ? I voted to elect Trump and to elect Johnny Isakson to make govt policy which , imo, fits more in line w/ the constitution and the proper function of govt. 

aujeff11 said:

3 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

jeff - go back and re-read the gibberish you posted. 

You're asking me ... something. Not sure what. Why did I go out and vote yesterday ? I voted to elect Trump and to elect Johnny Isakson to make govt policy which , imo, fits more in line w/ the constitution and the proper function of govt. 

Please don't ever act like you have never had a typo. The popular vote is a form of pure democracy. So is the referendum. Congress is a form of republican democracy. We're not a republic any more than we're a democracy though. By definition, a republic is when the superior power resides in a smaller body which was elected from the population. That is not the case here. 

Contrary to the name stamp, I didn't write this:

46 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Representative Republic. Our individual votes don't dictate policy directly. 

Wrong!  I voted on several issues yesterday. 

Fine, referendums and such are voted on directly by the people. But when  to comes to national issues like president, the popular vote means nothing. That is to what I'm referring.  Technically, there is no national election for president. There a 50 state elections, each determined by how the state wants to choose the voters for the electoral college. 

3 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

Trump tweeted about the electorial college in 2012. wanna guess what he wrote?

Got a feeling you're gonna tell us , regardless. 

38 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

Trump tweeted about the electorial college in 2012. wanna guess what he wrote?

It was something along the lines of marching on D.C. ...I think. Can't really remember

Archived