Clinton will win the popular vote

RunInRed

17 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

Mob rule, in this case, is a euphemism for preventing a small number of heavily populated urban areas impose imperial rule on the rest of the country. At the time of  the Constitutional Convention, Philadelphia, New York and Boston had the numbers to dictate EVERYTHING to the remaining colonies. The founders knew that because they were incessantly reminded by those who wouldn't sign off on ANY Constitutional documents that didn't create a pathway to levelling the playing field.

In this election, specifically, Clinton won 18% of the counties. Its not that counties have any role in the equation but the population of those counties are OBVIOUSLY the most heavily populated areas in the country. The EC worked exactly as intended by not allowing 18% of the county populations impose their will on the other 82%. That you and homie categorically refuse to see or hear that doesn't make a nickel's worth of difference to ANYBODY but you. LOL

So you concede you just made up your argument of me claiming she won the majority? 

Read this:

" Alexander Hamilton writes in “The Federalist Papers,” the Constitution is designed to ensure “that the office of President will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications.” The point of the Electoral College is to preserve “the sense of the people,” while at the same time ensuring that a president is chosen “by men most capable of analyzing the qualities adapted to the station, and acting under circumstances favorable to deliberation, and to a judicious combination of all the reasons and inducements which were proper to govern their choice.”"

The current EC is far from its intent. Requiring electors to vote as their state did defeats it's purpose. It was supposed to be a deliberative body, not a proforma anachronism.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, homersapien said:

I bet Blue would change his tune if the college actually did  its proscribed job and denied Trump the requisite number of votes.

There would be outrage!

45 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

There would be outrage!

Unlike you 2, I don't profess the ability to read either of your minds; reading your posts is bad enough. I must say, its hilarious how you have both come up with a convenient explanation of what the EC designed to do that neatly fits with your desired end. The problem with it is, it doesn't comport not AT ALL what the founders had in mind.

3 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

Unlike you 2, I don't profess the ability to read either of your minds; reading your posts is bad enough. I must say, its hilarious how you have both come up with a convenient explanation of what the EC designed to do that neatly fits with your desired end. The problem with it is, it doesn't comport not AT ALL what the founders had in mind.

Hamilton came up with it.

And you concede you lied again.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Hamilton came up with it.

And you concede you lied again.

Nope I didn't lie. maybe it wasn't you and if I was mistaken so be it. Its been asserted maybe it wasn't you.  Ah, yes,  Hamiltonian Electors. Well, we'll see if they actually function as yaboy envisioned and if they elect Clinton I can guarantee you I wont be in here whining for 3 weeks about it like you and homie have been but that's just me. I'll move on just like I did when Obama got re-elected.

To say anything contrarian to the Leftists is to be branded a liar. And a racist. Misogynist, Bigot... there is no allowable dissent. You will be shamed into agreeing 

11 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

To say anything contrarian to the Leftists is to be branded a liar. And a racist. Misogynist, Bigot... there is no allowable dissent. You will be shamed into agreeing 

You forgot stupid and ignorant. We are all ignorant because we do not subscribe to the Huffington Post

1 hour ago, AURaptor said:

To claim I've made an argument I've never made is a lie-- I know this is way over your whiny head, but try and keep up.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

You forgot stupid and ignorant. We are all ignorant because we do not subscribe to the Huffington Post

Like we need another reason to consider you guys stupid and ignorant. Signed a non-Huff Po subscriber.

2 hours ago, TheBlueVue said:

Best visual aid I have seen that confirms the EC worked EXACTLY as founders intended...

election-2016-county-map.png

Spend your vacation in Alaska - Hawaii requires to much over-water flight

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

To claim I've made an argument I've never made is a lie-- I know this is way over your whiny head, but try and keep up.

Did I name you ? I did not. You're paranoid, apparently. I was speaking of the Left in general, based on the many, many, MANY reactions from the snowflakes, the SJW , the entertainers who vowed to leave if Trump won... But you're comfortable accusing others of being racists w/ out 1 iota of evidence, so the shoe fits, wear it. 

Just now, AURaptor said:

Did I name you ? I did not. You're paranoid, apparently. I was speaking of the Left in general, based on the many, many, MANY reactions from the snowflakes, the SJW , the entertainers who vowed to leave if Trump won... But you're comfortable accusing others of being racists w/ out 1 iota of evidence, so the shoe fits, wear it. 

Did I name you?

13 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Did I name you?

Yes, you did, as a matter of fact. You quoted me, and no one else. 

On 12/6/2016 at 10:01 PM, homersapien said:

(BTW, if it matters, I never click on videos.  Your words are diversionary enough.)

So, you're telling me the image of the video doesn't even come up on your screen ? What browser are you using ? Because you should be able to see an image and the title of the video. If not, then you're missing out on some really good stuff. :laugh: 

7 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I never realized our founders intended counties to elect presidents.

They obviously didn't. The stats and the above map indicate how well the EC worked. The vast majority of the nation did not want Clinton to be president. Thanks to the EC, a handful of high population areas whose voters are heavily influenced by preachers and ward clerks were not allowed to dictate to the rest of us.

Thanks to the Columbus, Ohio Dispatch here are updated numbers: Clinton carried 487 counties, 15.5% of the total 3,143.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

They obviously didn't. The stats and the above map indicate how well the EC worked. The vast majority of the nation did not want Clinton to be president. Thanks to the EC, a handful of high population areas whose voters are heavily influenced by preachers and ward clerks were not allowed to dictate to the rest of us.

Thanks to the Columbus, Ohio Dispatch here are updated numbers: Clinton carried 487 counties, 15.5% of the total 3,143.

If by nation you mean land mass instead of human citizens. Now you get to dictate to the majority?

45 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If by nation you mean land mass instead of human citizens. Now you get to dictate to the majority?

Not just now. Ever since the Founding Fathers selected this wise method. Apparently even in those days a largely ignorant mass of urban voters were subject to undue influence by a few unscrupulous "leaders". Thus is the superiority of the EC over a simple vote count demonstrated.

20 hours ago, TheBlueVue said:

Best visual aid I have seen that confirms the EC worked EXACTLY as founders intended...

election-2016-county-map.png

I missed the part where the founders stressed area space as being important.

Maybe we should give Alaskans even more influence than they already have?   <_<

"EXACTLY  as the founder's intended"...... yeah right.  :-\

Archived