As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, protesters come out in droves around U.S.

AgentOrange

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Obama's not a racist demagogue.

Nor was his late grandmother, you know, that typical white person. 

Generally, when one is accused of being racist, there can be examples of where that racism has been displayed. Trump has no such examples

5 hours ago, AURaptor said:

Nor was his late grandmother, you know, that typical white person. 

Generally, when one is accused of being racist, there can be examples of where that racism has been displayed. Trump has no such examples

There are ample examples of him being a racist demagogue.

5 hours ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

The quote from one "gentleman" about how he will divide the country is priceless he obviously doesn't get out much because that ship has sailed. 

I thought Trump saying it's time for the country to come together was priceless.

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

There are ample examples of him being a racist demagogue.

None of which you can cite. OK

31 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

None of which you can cite. OK

How about:

Questioning the qualifications of a federal judge based exclusively on that judge's ethnic descent?

Characterizing members of a particular nationality/ethnic group as 'rapists' and 'drug dealers'?

Supporting 'stop and frisk' policies already found unconstitutional/biased by a federal court for our inner cities?

Saying "I don't want blacks counting my money, I want the guys who wear beanies"?

Being slow to reject David Duke's endorsement early in the primaries?

Referring to an African-American attendee at one of his rallies as "My 'Black' "?

Encouraging his supporters to engage in vigilante monitoring of polling places in other precincts? "You know what I'm talking about..."

Suggesting our inner cities/African-American neighborhoods are 'more dangerous than war zones like Afghanistan'?

2 minutes ago, quietfan said:

How about:

Questioning the qualifications of a federal judge based exclusively on that judge's ethnic descent?

Characterizing members of a particular nationality/ethnic group as 'rapists' and 'drug dealers'?

Supporting 'stop and frisk' policies already found unconstitutional/biased by a federal court for our inner cities?

Saying "I don't want blacks counting my money, I want the guys who wear beanies"?

Being slow to reject David Duke's endorsement early in the primaries?

Referring to an African-American attendee at one of his rallies as "My 'Black' "?

Encouraging his supporters to engage in vigilante monitoring of polling places in other precincts? "You know what I'm talking about..."

Suggesting our inner cities/African-American neighborhoods are 'more dangerous than war zones like Afghanistan'?

The closet racists will always deny the politics of race.  Both sides play race to their perceived advantage.  It will be interesting to see what Trump does now.  Ultimately, I think race is irrelevant.  Will he serve the majority of Americans or, those with political and economic power?  Is the politics of race more rhetoric than reality?

@quiet - nope. Inferences & vaguely phrased innuendo isn't in any way citations of any racism. 

Regarding the thread topic:

I support the right of people to peacefully protest and/or voice their freedom of speech.  Such post-election protests, of course, have zero impact on the results of the election and have no Constitutional power to change the results, so in that respect they are pointless.  But as merely an expression of unhappiness or a rallying call for future elections, it's certainly everyone's right.  

I did not vote for Trump and I am extremely disappointing that he won.  But I recognize him as my duly elected President-elect and do not question his authority to govern.  I don't think American elections are 'rigged'.  Nor do I care to emigrate or secede from my home and, to my mind, still the greatest nation on earth.  But while I recognize Trump's legal authority as the properly elected President, I will continue to speak out for justice, equality, and freedom for all PERSONS, of every ethnicity, religion, gender, and sexual orientation while opposing war, bigotry, hate, and plutocracy, and consider it my civic duty to criticize specific actions of any President with whom I disagree.

17 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

@quiet - nope. Inferences & vaguely phrased innuendo isn't in any way citations of any racism. 

Exactly.  They are deliberate cynical plays directed toward racists, so that's a distinction without a difference.

But it's natural that a closet racist would support hiding behind such dog whistles.

15 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Vaguely phrased innuendo can most certainly be racist.  Very few racists in this country outside of the KKK and their ilk come out publicly to overtly declare their racism.

But you are certainly within your rights to 'infer' that the examples I see as clear examples of racism are false inferences on my part.  Doesn't mean you are necessarily correct or that I must agree, but it's your right even if I consider it incorrect or voluntary selective blindness.

You are also fully entitled to consider me incorrect or voluntarily blind...it neither offends nor concerns me.  

13 hours ago, AgentOrange said:

Because while extremely disappointed, most got up and went to work the next day and respected how the process worked, not pitch a fit like child who didn't get their way.

14 hours ago, AgentOrange said:

Were there outright protests?  No.  Were people questioning the legitimacy of Obama's win based on false pretenses of brotherism?  Yep.  And some of that came from Republican leadership.

It should be noted that not a single Democratic leader has questioned the election results, their legitimacy, etc.  In fact, it's been a chorus of "let's respect the will of the people and have a peaceful transfer of power" largely based on the grace that Bush 43 showed when he left office.

19 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Were there outright protests?  No.  Were people questioning the legitimacy of Obama's win based on false pretenses of brotherism?  Yep.  And some of that came from Republican leadership.

It should be noted that not a single Democratic leader has questioned the election results, their legitimacy, etc.  In fact, it's been a chorus of "let's respect the will of the people and have a peaceful transfer of power" largely based on the grace that Bush 43 showed when he left office.

I dunno about trying to excuse it.  People simply have a strong dislike for Trump and I am not surprised at all that these are happening.  This election has been our most divided yet.  There's nothing wrong with the protests as long as it doesn't spill into violence.

11 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

People just need to get over it...

Time for someone to kill another gorilla.

How about an elephant (endangered) or a leopard (endangered)?

People who trophy hunt endangered animals are a-holes.

trumps-son-tiger-kill.png

Image result for trump elephant tail

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

How about an elephant (endangered) or a leopard (endangered)?

People who trophy hunt endangered animals are a-holes.

trumps-son-tiger-kill.png

Image result for trump elephant tail

Always seem smug too, when I tell them I don't hunt animals. I love to see them crap their pants when I tell them I only hunt humans.

I have no problem with hunting as long as it's compatible with the ecology of the animal hunted, such as deer or doves.

Hunting things like endangered big game or predators is perverted.

Archived