Selfies at the gym?

5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Is there more of a way to say I'm a tool then doing this?  

They're called "swelfies." 

Just to be brutally correct. Sometimes I do it when I'm alone. It's hard to tell how much you've grown just from the fact you see your body every day. But if somebody else sees you once in 6 months, they would see a tremendous difference. 

What do you think @TAYLORKEETON

I'm actually a personal trainer at Workout Anytime in Leeds. I'll be at Athens State next year for Special Ed/Coaching. A lot of gym rats get such a bad reputation of being douche bags, conceited, or as some of you said "tools." You all know the saying, one person can ruin it for everybody. Well guys, I've met men with beards & tattos all over the body nicer to people than the man wearing a suit next to you in Sunday school class. As far as the SWOLFIES go...who cares what people think man? If you wanna flex up & take a picture of yourself, by God do it. You've worked your a$$ off to get to the point where you're able to actually wanna take a "swolfie" so why not. Do what makes you happy.  I used to have such a bad self-esteem many years ago before the gym, so it feels good to just have the confidence now to want to take a pic like that. Screw the gym sterotypes. 

17 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I'm actually a personal trainer at Workout Anytime in Leeds. I'll be at Athens State next year for Special Ed/Coaching. A lot of gym rats get such a bad reputation of being douche bags, conceited, or as some of you said "tools." You all know the saying, one person can ruin it for everybody. Well guys, I've met men with beards & tattos all over the body nicer to people than the man wearing a suit next to you in Sunday school class. As far as the SWOLFIES go...who cares what people think man? If you wanna flex up & take a picture of yourself, by God do it. You've worked your a$$ off to get to the point where you're able to actually wanna take a "swolfie" so why not. Do what makes you happy.  I used to have such a bad self-esteem many years ago before the gym, so it feels good to just have the confidence now to want to take a pic like that. Screw the gym sterotypes. 

Exactly. Stereotypes are a lazy way of thinking. Keep doing your thing, Taylor. 

17 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

They're called "swelfies." 

Just to be brutally correct. Sometimes I do it when I'm alone. It's hard to tell how much you've grown just from the fact you see your body every day. But if somebody else sees you once in 6 months, they would see a tremendous difference. 

What do you think @TAYLORKEETON

Swelfies? Lord have mercy.

Do you go Anthony Wiener and put these "swelfies" on social media? 

16 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

What is it to you if I do or not? 

You have serious issues.

23 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I didn't want to go full politically incorrect but yes. 

Is the conversation between you and bigbird the equivalent to a politically correct version of "locker room talk"?

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I don't get why some people act so offended over it, honestly. If somebody wants to be judgemental let them. 

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

yes, I do. My job at the gym requires to post 2 pics a week on some type of social network to basically market the gym & yourself as a trainer. What's wrong with posting a flex pic on social media? 

26 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

yes, I do. My job at the gym requires to post 2 pics a week on some type of social network to basically market the gym & yourself as a trainer. What's wrong with posting a flex pic on social media? 

I don't sweat it. I very seldom put workout photos on my twitter or facebook but if I did, it wouldn't be a big deal. There is a difference between pride derived from achievement and narcissistic entitlement. 

The social media I use for working out is bodyspace by bodybuilding.com. It stores my progress photos, my workout programs,  useful workout techniques. and the bodybuilding store. And the community- feed has a lot of girls with yoga pants. JS. 

On 11/10/2016 at 10:24 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Is there more of a way to say I'm a tool then doing this?  

Haters gonna hate, bro 

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 7:06 AM, AURaptor said:

Haters gonna hate, bro 

Yep.  After working my rear off in the gym, I am proud of the results and if I want to show them off, so what?  Nobody is stopping the haters from joining a gym and working towards being able to post their results.

On 12/8/2016 at 10:45 AM, AUatHeart said:

Yep.  After working my rear off in the gym, I am proud of the results and if I want to show them off, so what?  Nobody is stopping the haters from joining a gym and working towards being able to post their results.

Keep at it!

No selfies for me. When my waist gets smaller and my shirt size larger, I get it. 

But to each his own. Knock yourself out. And don't stop!

Archived