2018 4* QB Joey Gatewood (Auburn 12/5/15)

RunInRed

9 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

JF3...everyone excused that he didn't start as qb in juco...

A lot of us has a red flag about that & vocalized it loudly.

As for the rest of your post if he isn't QB1 his Sr HS year then yes he is unlikely to be a QB at AU. There is precedent though for him having a real shot down the line if he is only QB1 1 full year in high school if he puts in the work & focus. Malik Willis was only QB1 1 year in high school and he continues to impress everyone at AU as a freshman.

Bottom line is the book on Joey's future at AU has not been written yet 1 way or the other.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

A lot of us has a red flag about that & vocalized it loudly.

As for the rest of your post if he isn't QB1 his Sr HS year then yes he is unlikely to be a QB at AU. There is precedent though for him having a real shot down the line if he is only QB1 1 full year in high school if he puts in the work & focus. Malik Willis was only QB1 1 year in high school and he continues to impress everyone at AU as a freshman.

Bottom line is the book on Joey's future at AU has not been written yet 1 way or the other.

I thought I was reading that he wasn't likely to be the main starting qb as a Sr.   Should he start and look good then I may change my prediction :P

8 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

I thought I was reading that he wasn't likely to be the main starting qb as a Sr.   Should he start and look good then I may change my prediction :P

Everything that has come out this Spring says he will be QB1 this year but time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

Link

Fresh off an impressive weekend showing at The Opening regional camp in Charlotte, Auburn 2018 quarterback commit Joey Gatewood has a new scholarship to add to his growing list of offers. Despite currently holding scholarship offers from nearly every elite college football program in the country, this one may mean a bit more to Tiger fans.

Since his commitment to Auburn, which dates all the way back to December of 2015, Gatewood has never wavered from his commitment to Gus Malzahn’s program. Now regarded as the nation’s No. 1 athlete in the 2018 recruiting cycle, per his 247Sports Composite Rating, it’s safe to say Gatewood is one of the gems of Auburn’s current recruiting class. With a frame reminiscent of former Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton, the 6-foot-4, 232-pound Gatewood very well could be the next big thing to hit Auburn’s campus — assuming he signs with the Tigers.

According to the official Twitter account of his high school football team, Gateway recently received his latest scholarship offer from Alabama.

This latest news is an interesting subplot to the otherwise quiet recruitment of Gatewood since his commitment to Auburn. Aside from numerous visits to the Plains, the only other notable stop Gatewood has made during his recruitment have been a trip to Tallahassee to see the Florida State campus. It will be interesting to see if any trips to Tuscaloosa are made in the near future, and if so, how Auburn reacts.

Both Auburn (Jarrett Stidham, Malik Willis) and Alabama (Tua Tagovailoa, Mac Jones) added two quarterbacks to their respective rosters this offseason.

Edited by ellitor

I think it speaks volumes that Joey has always posted on twitter about being "blessed" when he received an offer... but there is NOTHING about an offer from bama out there. Seems like he's told them where they stand.

14 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I think it speaks volumes that Joey has always posted on twitter about being "blessed" when he received an offer... but there is NOTHING about an offer from bama out there. Seems like he's told them where they stand.

yes there is. on pay sites.

Edited by GwillMac6

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

yes there is. on paid sites.

Nothing on Joey's twitter. He didn't say he was "blessed to get an offer" like he has for every other team.

18 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Yes there is. Simple google search pulls up free articles quoting VIP articles from Joey about the offer. Apparently they offered last year but he didn't know til yesterday. He said he may visit them at some point. To your point though, he seems mildly interested at best.

Edited by ellitor

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Nothing on Joey's twitter. He didn't say he was "blessed to get an offer" like he has for every other team.

you said there is nothing out there about a offer from bama and there is on certain sites.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

you said there is nothing out there about a offer from bama and there is on certain sites.

Apparently out there only meant Joey's twiiter but that was made unclear in the OP.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes there is. Simple google search pulls up free articles quoting VIP articles from Joey about the article. Apparently they offered last year but he didn't know til yesterday. He said he may visit them at some point. To your point though, he seems mildly interested at best.

WTF???? How is that even possible? So someone gets an offer from the most successful college football program in the country and they don't even know about it?

Edited by thaitopher

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

WTF???? How is that even possible? So someone gets an offer from the most successful college football program in the country and they don't even know about it?

Happens every year actually. We have a recruit or 2 every year that has an AU offer but some how gets lost in communication.

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Read everything I wrote... the first sentence is talking about Joey's twitter.  The second sentence is a follow-up to that saying there is nothing on his twitter.  Geez...

Edited by lionheartkc

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Apparently out there only meant Joey's twiiter but that was made unclear in the OP.

I'm not sure how it was unclear.  First sentence about twitter... second sentence, even connected with an ellipsis instead of a separated by a period to make the point, also about twitter. It feels more like no one read the first sentence and just gut reacted to the second sentence because people just love to argue.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

lol yah I def thought it was talking about more than just his twitter.

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm not sure how it was unclear.  First sentence about twitter... second sentence, even connected with an ellipsis instead of a separated by a period to make the point, also about twitter. It feels more like no one read the first sentence and just gut reacted to the second sentence because people just love to argue.

I seriously thought you meant in general in the non twitter part of your post. Not trying to state a argument nor do I believe E was. We were trying to lend a helping hand towards you and extend a olive branch that there are sites out there that had quotes and comments about him receiving a bama offer. Mis understanding.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

lol wellllllll you did put the bat signal out for it! You did ask for this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Well to 3 of us at least, just using the phrase out there opened it up beyond his twitter without clarifying you were still talking about his account in the 2nd sentence....And I don't even know what an elipsis is or it's use, nor care to. I forgot most of that english/grammar correctness crap after Eng. Comp 2 in college.

Gue

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol wellllllll you did put the bat signal out for it! You did ask for this.

Guess Joey reads Auburn Family.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Probably. Many commits, high valued targets, & their families do.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Gue

guess only Joey G wanted to start a argument with you today! I wash my hands of this! haha.

Just now, ellitor said:

Well to 3 of us at least, just using the phrase out there opened it up beyond his twitter without clarifying you were still talking about his account in the 2nd sentence....And I don't even know what an elipsis is or it's use, nor care to. I forgot most of that english/grammar correctness crap after Eng. Comp 2 in college.

Ironically, the ... you just used (though you used 4 periods) is an ellipsis. It indicates a continuation of a thought. 

Writing is part of my job, so I have to keep up on these things.

• Like 4

Just now, ellitor said:

Probably. Many commits, high valued targets, & their families do.

we sure know worm and his family do!! 

• Like 2