2018 4* QB Joey Gatewood (Auburn 12/5/15)

RunInRed

I know this gets thrown around a lot, but Joey Gatewood's playing style is remarkably similar to Cam Newton's. He's the real deal, fellas.

Obviously still a few years before his commitment turns into a signing, but he's truly a guy that can change a program for the good.

@austinwpenny

All these guys were Lashlee's recruits. Do those poeple on the "Fire Lashlee" bandwagon want to wet-nurse these QB's for the next three years or do we need to keep Ol' Coach Rhett?

We have Woody Barret coming in next season, Lowell Narcisse after that, and now Joey Gatewood in 2018. QB problem might be answered.

If there's any doubt as to what Gus thinks about the pocket passer vs dual threat debate, that 2016-2017-2018 QB commit list should answer it for good.

Then 2013-2014-2015 should have answered it for good the other way. I think we'll use the guy that gives us the best chance to win. We'll certainly have some of each flavor to choose from.

After everyone crowning JJ as the next Cam Newton, I will reserve judgment until he pans out.

This.

3 years away...

we'll be lucky if Gus makes it that far.

I hope so....good that we have laid the ground work however.

Nothing like having the best QB in the 2018 class in your back pocket to use on a rainy day if that day comes when your AD wants to fire you, although it didn't work so well for Richt.

Edited by thaitopher

All these guys were Lashlee's recruits. Do those poeple on the "Fire Lashlee" bandwagon want to wet-nurse these QB's for the next three years or do we need to keep Ol' Coach Rhett?

For me personally, it doesn't matter who we recruit at QB if we can't develop them. I'd rather lose a 2018 commitment to get a QB coach that can help us win right now. Then we can worry about keeping this kid onboard when 2018 gets here.

For a sophomore, he's phenomenal. Really strong arm. Quick release. Great mechanics. He plays confidently. He keeps his eyes down field. Great speed. Good quickness. I can see why he is so highly rated. You can already tell, he is going to be a good one. I like him better than anyone we have on our roster or signed at the moment.

If Rhett can't do better they need to for him

it does seem to me that they are trying to capture that Cam lightning in a bottle. seems to have all of the measureables. if he really as good as advertised in 3 years, I say start him as a true freshman. given the gripes about qb development over the past few years, it can't hurt. at least then we will get a qb for 3 straight years before they bolt for the league.

We have Woody Barret coming in next season, Lowell Narcisse after that, and now Joey Gatewood in 2018. QB problem might be answered.

If there's any doubt as to what Gus thinks about the pocket passer vs dual threat debate, that 2016-2017-2018 QB commit list should answer it for good.

Then 2013-2014-2015 should have answered it for good the other way. I think we'll use the guy that gives us the best chance to win. We'll certainly have some of each flavor to choose from.

This bothers me about Gus,he doesn't seem to know what direction he wants to go,Maybe he has made up his mind now and is going duel threat.

There will never be another Cam Newton. There may be a Joey Gatewood

Gatewood is already better than cam was in high school and he's just a sophomore. If gatewood was coming out right now he'd have a great chance at being the starter. If he grows two or three more inches....

Skipper and his little buddy will be long gone by the time this guy walks across the stage. I hope he's signing cause he love Auburn.

Speculation and opinion only. Just curious, Do you ever post anything positive about Auburn at all? I've never seen any.

Already recruiting for us

That's what you want to hear. That gives you a little more hope that we might hang onto a guy who's an entire formative period in his life away from his NSD.

Skipper and his little buddy will be long gone by the time this guy walks across the stage. I hope he's signing cause he love Auburn.

Speculation and opinion only. Just curious, Do you ever post anything positive about Auburn at all? I've never seen any.

Me either. This ones either in constant meltdown or is the most negative poster on the forum.....or both.....