2018 4* QB Joey Gatewood (Auburn 12/5/15)

RunInRed

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is a hell of a lot bigger than Dak. Dak is only 6 ft 2 and joey g is a legit 6 ft 5.

I stand corrected . How bout this . 1st edition Joey Gatewood 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I stand corrected . How bout this . 1st edition Joey Gatewood 

I LIKE IT!!! I LOVE IT!! PLEASE GIVE ME SOME MORE OF THIS!!! hahahahah but I used to do this all the time. One of my best friends from high school is a Miss St Alum and I just used to always assumed dak was built like Cam. He looked like it on tv I SAID!!! haha He always corrected me. He is 6 ft 2 AT BEST. Really 6 ft 1 probaly and like a good 25-30 pounds lighter than cam. Joey G is every bit as big as Cam in height and muscle/ weight. I hope he balls like him!! WOOOOO!!!!

• Like 1

I don't mean to be arrogant, but I think after Joey plays one year, folks would not swap Joey for Fields.  And I am not sure it will take a year to get up to full speed.   I heard a clip on a podcast this weekend from Joey and honestly, the man is all Auburn and so excited about coming to the plains.   You can't buy that level of commitment and his enthusiasm.  He has the "it" factor for sure on and off the field.

WDE!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, DAG said:

We got our QB right here . Let's ride 

That’s right. Having another QB on the roster would’ve been nice but I think Gatewood will  end up being special.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

That’s right. Having another QB on the roster would’ve been nice but I think Gatewood will  end up being special.

I am sure we will sign another QB in this class , but probably not as polarizing as JG. Personally , I was getting pretty over JFs earlier in the recruiting process 

On 10/2/2017 at 6:25 PM, AidiAU said:

Will he be here in January? 

Yeah, great question.   Anyone know?   

5 hours ago, DunderMifflin said:

I heard he can hit the NARROW side of a barn - from 60 yards away.

But was he aiming for the broad side? 

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I love a recruit like this. Loyalty goes a long way as far as I am concerned. Add his talent and we have a winner.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Was just going to post this. He is getting close to passing Smoke as my favorite recruit 

The more video that you watch on this kid, the better he looks.   Comparing him to Newton is not fair to him at this point, but damn, he plays just like him.   Find the video of JG clocking the safety that tried to take him head on, not pretty for the safety.  JG is raw, but this kid has such an upside, that with proper QB coaching ( a big concern) he can be just what the doctor ordered.  I watch a lot of video on players, and this kid is not being recruited  for anything other than a potential NFL QB

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Comparing him to Newton is not fair to him at this point, but damn, he plays just like him.   Find the video of JG clocking the safety that tried to take him head on, not pretty for the safety. 

I wonder how he compares to Newton's HS school tape?   Joey has the "it" factor and like it was posted above, combine that with his loyalty - the kid is a stud and winner.

WDE

Anyone know if he is an early enrollee?  

5 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Was just going to post this. He is getting close to passing Smoke as my favorite recruit 

Blasphemy!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I love a recruit like this. Loyalty goes a long way as far as I am concerned. Add his talent and we have a winner.

Recruits that talk like this usually turn out pretty dang good. Deshaun Davis is one, Jarrad Davis was another until chizik was canned, of course. But I expect both Gatewood and Shivers to be big time favorites by the time they leave AU

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, fredst said:

I love this dude, whether he turns out to be Cam Newton or never plays a down. War Damn Gatewood!

I agree ?. I couldn’t have said it better . He will be a force at AU 

• Like 1