2018 4* QB Joey Gatewood (Auburn 12/5/15)

RunInRed

On 10/8/2017 at 1:33 AM, MCPeePants said:

Some pan out; some don't...  but, man, do I have a good feeling about this guy.

Ball out, Joey G.  We're waiting for you.

Just wanted to respond to your quote for no other reason than to say what a cool name you have!! Ha!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

20 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

Joey showing some touch on his passes:

http://cbsprt.co/2yS8in8

FYI: CGM was on hand when the long pass play happened.  I don't know if he stayed for the whole game or not.

Man he looks like Cam out there.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2017 at 9:55 AM, bg5 said:

Man he looks like Cam out there.

You stop that right now, sir!

As long as we are chasing the ghost of Cam Newton we are doomed to fail

That being said he looks like he can be an absolute dominant force for us in a few years. 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

You stop that right now, sir!

As long as we are chasing the ghost of Cam Newton we are doomed to fail

That being said he looks like he can be an absolute dominant force for us in a few years. 

Ok, He looks like a really good Joey Gatewood!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think ccl will make him something special !

• Like 1

To be honest it is is easy to see his strength and running ability. 

But if he can't be developed to be an SEC calibre passer who can be accurate, read Ds, and move around in the pocket to extend the play for a pass and NOT always just tuck it and run when pocket pressured, then he won't be the one to maintain what we're finally now getting with JS. 

If he can develop we are in good shape. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

But if he can't be developed to be an SEC calibre passer who can be accurate, read Ds, and move around in the pocket to extend the play for a pass and NOT always just tuck it and run when pocket pressured, then he won't be the one to maintain what we're finally now getting with JS. 

If he doesn't he could develop into an Evan Engram type of TE or big physical. WR.  Win-Win

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If he doesn't he could develop into an Evan Engram type of TE or big physical. WR.  Win-Win

Might be my imagination, but it seems he might also be the light that draws all the mosquitoes in this recruiting class. Deshaun Davis was that guy in his class. (And, man, I am so happy to see him rewarded with the season he's having with his teammates.)

Also seems like he would have been one of the guys in our locker room this year who didn't let LSU beat them twice. These are the guys that Gus has always gotten really, really right. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Too much of a playmaker to only have the ball in his hands a handful of times in the game. CCL I am sure will get him right.

• Love 1

my HS lost to Tebow in the semi's in double OT.   Reminds me of him in  a lot of ways, but Gatewood is so much more the athlete.   Tebow ran more in HS than UF.  

I think Gatewood and this class will be very special.  

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Too much of a playmaker to only have the ball in his hands a handful of times in the game. CCL I am sure will get him right.

Exactly 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Might be my imagination, but it seems he might also be the light that draws all the mosquitoes in this recruiting class. Deshaun Davis was that guy in his class. (And, man, I am so happy to see him rewarded with the season he's having with his teammates.)

Also seems like he would have been one of the guys in our locker room this year who didn't let LSU beat them twice. These are the guys that Gus has always gotten really, really right. 

He and Shivers have been pivotal to the success of this class 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Absolutely

Player leadership and team chemistry are crucial to special seasons or teams playing above their individual abilities.

Edited by mustache eagle

Gatewood is legit and won’t be a TE. His floor will be Hurts pretty much. Excellent on the ground and spotty in the air. His ceiling is the heisman, just like this guy 

DP0i92gWsAAOR30?format=jpg

-/-Too bad Fields is too stupid to see what he’s missing. -/-

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

-/-Too bad Fields is too stupid to see what he’s missing. -/-

Or maybe he sees JG's potential as well and doesn't want to battle for playing time his whole career.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Or maybe he sees JG's potential as well and doesn't want to battle for playing time his whole career.

Elite players embrace competition.

-Fortune Cookie 

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Elite players embrace competition.

-Fortune Cookie 

Embrace competition is one thing.  But to have to embrace competition every play is brutal.  Just ask JH.  I have heard all season how the Turds have a better QB on the bench than playing.  Forgetting the fact that their starter is 25-2.  

The best QB on the field is always the backup.

-Another Fortune Cookie

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Forgetting the fact that their starter is 25-2.  

Their starter just threw for like 113 yards against us. (I’m not counting the long 65 yard pass play as it shouldn’t have counted.) I know we have a strong defense but we can give up some passing yards. Hurts is the best athlete playing QB. Tua has the better QB fundamentals imo. 

6 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Another Fortune Cookie

When did these fortune cookies get so damn smart!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Agree 100%.  I like the potential, but once he learns the offense and adapts to the speed of the SEC, he should be a good one.  I'm thinking probably not a Cam talent but more of a Dak Prescott type.  Just my thoughts.  Chip Lindsey is just what he needs.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

if fields could see well he would not be going to georgia........

• Like 2
  • Haha 2