2018 4* QB Joey Gatewood (Auburn 12/5/15)

RunInRed

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Gatewood doing work on Anthony Schwartz and securing Matthew Hill. 

Hope he's working on some of these big OL too.

27 minutes ago, fredst said:

Hope he's working on some of these big OL too.

They are all on the same team fwiw 

• Love 1

42 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

Ok I am on the Gatewood train. Let him start vs Washington.

lovetolebronoutlet.gif?w=650

Klove was a great high school qb! He has all 4 years of eligibility left to play college football. you think we can convince cavs owner LeBron James to let us borrow him?! lol

45 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

Ok I am on the Gatewood train. Let him start vs Washington.

qblove.0.gif

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

qblove.0.gif

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lovetolebronoutlet.gif?w=650

Klove was a great high school qb! He has all 4 years of eligibility left to play college football. you think we can convince cavs owner LeBron James to let us borrow him?! lol

It was a joke. My B. I just feel like thats half of the people I talk to now a days.

Just now, weathergeakal said:

It was a joke. My B. I just feel like thats half of the people I talk to now a days.

haha I got it! that is why I replied with a joke of my own! I dig your style. It meshes well with my own! lol

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

haha I got it! that is why I replied with a joke of my own! I dig your style. It meshes well with my own! lol

Well that makes me feel somewhat better about my self :laugh:

Boys and girls we are getting a special special athlete in Gatewood . He is a man among boys playing against high school All Americans . Has some ugly passes but if he can do enough to hit open receivers and develop more as passer better watch out !!!!!!

2 hours ago, bmartin3228 said:

Boys and girls we are getting a special special athlete in Gatewood . He is a man among boys playing against high school All Americans . Has some ugly passes but if he can do enough to hit open receivers and develop more as passer better watch out !!!!!!

I missed the second half,.  Would enjoy seeing his highlights if anyone has them?

31 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

I missed the second half,.  Would enjoy seeing his highlights if anyone has them?

Don't have highlights , but had a TD throw with great touch and a TD Run second half . Passing got a little better second half besides a throw off his back foot that was intercepted but negated by a penalty.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

@ellitor:  Is it possible to set up a thread of just highlights from our commits/recruits for the All-American game?  Good and bad plays.  It would be fun to get a glimpse since I didn't watch yesterday.

14 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Is it possible to set up a thread of just highlights from our commits/recruits for the All-American game?

No because an Auburn-centric highlights from the game doesn't exist & I wouldn't even begin to know how to make 1 of my own.

16 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I didn't watch yesterday.

you can watch the replay here.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

So he has the arm for the deep throw, but can he throw a bubble screen? If so, he can handle all of Auburn's pass plays.

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Glad he didn't get hurt, he was getting roughed up almost every play.

Well he can expect a lot of that at the next level...I know he's ready for it but I would like for him to not charge at someone with his throwing shoulder and slide more.

• Like 1

UA All-America Game: Ranking the Quarterbacks

2. JOEY GATEWOOD

Gatewood has progressed as a passer this season and he showed flashes of his arm and improved mechanics this week. He has a live arm and is exciting to watch when outside the pocket. Gatewood was still up and down when it came to accuracy and he forced the ball at times, but overall, the Auburn signee had a good week. Gatewood showed what he could do as a runner in the game when he ran through Texas signee B.J. Foster

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Now that is an impressive write-up. Well, I see the write-up did not attach itself. Doesn't matter. Everyone read the write-up E attached regarding Gatewood. Thanks E.

Edited by JFDTiger80

When we talk DT quarterbacks, he looks like the real thing.....and likely AU won't have to push him onto the field before he is ready with JS and MW on the roster .  Baring injuries, the QB situation looks solid for several years now. ...no matter the lure of NFL $$$ 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

When we talk DT quarterbacks, he looks like the real thing.....and likely AU won't have to push him onto the field before he is ready with JS and MW on the roster .  Baring injuries, the QB situation looks solid for several years now. ...no matter the lure of NFL $$$ 

If you just jinxed Stidham to go pro this year I'm gonna metaphorically do this to you...

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If you just jinxed Stidham to go pro this year I'm gonna metaphorically do this to you...

giphy.gif

Nothing makes me chuckle more than outlining our succession plan at QB. 

It's never worked. Not even one single time. Not even close. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1