2018 4* QB Joey Gatewood (Auburn 12/5/15)

RunInRed

If he ends up 6'6" 240.....

TE for Urban Crier.

Or one big LB, Mikey.

• 2 weeks later...

You know...listening to this kid speak is downright refreshing. He gets it. Auburn is different. Auburn is special. It just gets in your blood, and quickly I must say. This kid might just be out next great Auburn ambassador. Flame me because he is 15 and has 2 years of HS left. That's fine. I just love hearing how much he loves Auburn. He is so lucky because he hasn't even scratched the surface of what Auburn truly is. The best is yet to come. This is the kind of kid that spearheads a recruiting class with his infectious personality and his seemingly unflappable commitment to his future school and his craft. This can have an effect that lasts for years. And also a big thanks to Cameron Newton for putting Auburn in such a great place with his play and his commitment to Auburn. Without him we would not be where we are now. Not to mention every kid that wants to be the next Can. Joey is exactly that kid. Hope to be watching I'm in a few years. War Eagle young man! Stay true to your heart like so many of us have.

If he ends up 6-6, 240, he'd be as big as Cam.

If he ends up 6-6 251, he'd be bigger than Cam.

NO. WAY.

I bet you also want to tell me that if he ends up 6-6, 220 he'd be smaller than Cam.

NO. WAY.

I bet you also want to tell me that if he ends up 6-6, 220 he'd be smaller than Cam.

If he gets to 8 feet he will be taller than Manut Bol

NO. WAY.

Actually, I would say that if he was 6-6, 249 (A4E was wrong... Cam was officially listed as 250), he'd be smaller than Cam.

Edited by lionheartkc

I'd probably be the president of his can fan club, but I didn't like the grade talk in one of the interviews. Don't want him to be lazy hitting that playbook

• 4 weeks later...

What I really liked in this article. Was the statement I want to start and not redshirt then being honest with himself and us that college is a different speed and it will have to see what happens. He is good and he is very confident I want all my top recruits to be confident. I don't mind a little cocky either but I also want them to have their feet on the ground and realize that there is a huge difference between HS and college. That way they will come in with the right attitude and realize how hard they will have to work to reach their goals.

I also like that when asked about his game he gave an honest appraisal about what his strengths are (running and the long ball) and the areas he needs to work on (footwork and reading defenses). This is a 16 year old with talent and brains he will be great get when he gets here.

The kid looks good for a Sophomore. I believe some of the film on the internet is from him as a Freshman. He is physically big, like Cam or JJ, so he looks a lot like Cam when he fakes and runs. He runs a lot like Cam--really good vision and cutting, which makes up for a lack of pure speed. They do a lot of midline zone reads and when the opposing DT tries to take the RB, this QB does a great job making the defense look like a fool. He also throws well when rolling right. Generally his throws look pretty good, erring the way they should (long and outsize for sideline passes) to minimize the risk of an INT. He has a strong arm. Give him a couple of years, especially with the potential to get into some competitions or all-star games to allow additional coaching, and he could be awesome. I guarantee Urban Meyer will try hard to flip him, especially if Gus doesn't stay.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just praying that this commitment holds. This is the type of prospect that make other big time players commit to you as well....I wish he was already here so he could start now

I'm just praying that this commitment holds. This is the type of prospect that make other big time players commit to you as well....I wish he was already here so he could start now

Yep. I'm a little paranoid that each new post could be bring news...

Yep. I'm a little paranoid that each new post could be bring news...

Sorry if I made your booty hole pucker up when you saw Joey Gatewood's name in bold. :)