2018 4* QB Joey Gatewood (Auburn 12/5/15)

RunInRed

3 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Gatewood is going to be an absolute stud for us.  Imo he is the best qb in the class of 2018, better than Trevor Lawrence. 

Wait a minute 23, you're going to have to take a back seat on this one, I evaluated and gave him my stamp a while ago

I am by no means an evaluator. Our coaches feel he is the best qb prospect next year. Also you can't find a better fit for our system.

Edited by austudnt23

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Wait a minute 23, you're going to have to take a back seat on this one, I evaluated and gave him my stamp a while ago

Yeah I did too.. Back of the line 23.

8 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Gatewood is going to be an absolute stud for us.  Imo he is the best qb in the class of 2018, better than Trevor Lawrence. 

I just hope we don't need him to start right away.

12 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

I am by no means an evaluator. Our coaches feel he is the best qb prospect next year. Also you can't find a better fit for our system.

Completely agree. I wish he could skip his senior year. Thee has been some talk that he needs to do work in the classroom, is this accurate? He has to get in.

I think Gatewood is a stud and will be but why are we already counting Woody out? What have you seen from Woody that would make you think he can't run the offense? And Woody has size and a cannon as well.

17 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

I think Gatewood is a stud and will be but why are we already counting Woody out? What have you seen from Woody that would make you think he can't run the offense? And Woody has size and a cannon as well.

"We" are counting Woody out because: As soon as JF3 was signed, we counted White and JJ out, as soon as Woody got on campus we counted JF3 out and now with Gatewood committed we're counting Woody out. It seems to be the nature of this message board....the next guy is always going to be the savior so the guys here must suck. Fortunately, our coaches don't look at it that way. :)

Gatewood can't even sign for 17 more months. People holding their breath waiting for the guy to take the wheel at Auburn better have a straw to breathe through.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

"We" are counting Woody out because: As soon as JF3 was signed, we counted White and JJ out, as soon as Woody got on campus we counted JF3 out and now with Gatewood committed we're counting Woody out. It seems to be the nature of this message board....the next guy is always going to be the savior so the guys here must suck. Fortunately, our coaches don't look at it that way. :)

Gatewood can't even sign for 17 more months. People holding their breath waiting for the guy to take the wheel at Auburn better have a straw to breathe through.

Let the church say Amen!

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

"We" are counting Woody out because: As soon as JF3 was signed, we counted White and JJ out, as soon as Woody got on campus we counted JF3 out and now with Gatewood committed we're counting Woody out. It seems to be the nature of this message board the AU fan base....the next guy is always going to be the savior so the guys here must suck. Fortunately, our coaches don't look at it that way. :)

Great post. Made a slight adjustment.

It's a joke that Joey is not rated a top 10 player nationally on every site. He is the best qb in the 2018 class and easily a top 5 player imo.

4 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

It's a joke that Joey is not rated a top 10 player nationally on every site. He is the best qb in the 2018 class and easily a top 5 player imo.

Well unfortunately he doesn't get to play QB full time for his team so I can see some sites being a little lower. He may not get as many snaps to develop as other players normally do.

For those wondering, when Joey is not playing QB for his school he will be playing WR.

Hey @aujeff11! You got your big time QB early recruiter that you so desparately wanted...Link

Just minutes after running back Devan Barrett committed to Auburn on Thursday, 2018 QB commit Joey Gatewood reached out to him and the two had a quick talk. Barrett and his family already knew who Gatewood was, but they all seemed to be impressed that Gatewood was that active as a recruiter/leader.

Edited by ellitor

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Hey @aujeff11! You got your big time QB early recruiter that you so desparately wanted...Link

Gatewood is going to help out big time. I see him retweeting Auburn offers all the time and talking to other recruits like Shaun Shivers. Just didn't know it would be the 2018 recruit doing the work. 

Edited by ellitor

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Gatewood is going to help out big time. I see him retweeting Auburn offers all the time and talking to other recruits like Shaun Shivers. Just didn't know it would be the 2018 recruit doing the work. 

Kid is an obvious leader. Question is asked before. There has been some talk that Joey has some work to do in the classroom. Is this true?

48 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Kid is an obvious leader. Question is asked before. There has been some talk that Joey has some work to do in the classroom. Is this true?

I hope not.  Never heard it either. 

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

There has been some talk that Joey has some work to do in the classroom. Is this true?

There has not been talk of him having work to do in the classroom. I just went back through this thread.  Ironman made a mistake & asked about Woody's grades in this thread without saying Woody's name. He's here now so that's irrelevent.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I didn't see it but in another thread a while ago he did an interview and I said he will be the type of recruit that other players will want to come and play with. 

I also said something about his grades. I can't remember verbatim what he said but something made me think I hope he's not lazy in the class room

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I didn't see it but in another thread a while ago he did an interview and I said he will be the type of recruit that other players will want to come and play with. 

I also said something about his grades. I can't remember verbatim what he said but something made me think I hope he's not lazy in the class room

Hopefully he is working on his grades now. I guess enrolling early is out of the question. Surely he doesn't want to be known as the five star that had to go to juco first. 

23 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Surely he doesn't want to be known as the five star that had to go to juco first. 

It's happened before.

On 7/29/2016 at 7:52 AM, Mikey said:

I haven't seen any reasonable poster say those things about sw. I have seen people count jj out though

I hope Joey is half as good as we think he will be. I think someone said he is not starting QB on his HS team, yet some of us wish he could skip his last two years of HS and start for AU this fall.  I know we're all kidding but it is a little crazy how excited we can get over a 15 year old kid's potential.  All this talk is entertaining but I'm ready for on the field football.  WDE

18 minutes ago, autan said:

I hope Joey is half as good as we think he will be. I think someone said he is not starting QB on his HS team, yet some of us wish he could skip his last two years of HS and start for AU this fall.  I know we're all kidding but it is a little crazy how excited we can get over a 15 year old kid's potential.  All this talk is entertaining but I'm ready for on the field football.  WDE

Your not by yourself. Almost August.........................:hellyeah:

• Like 1

could be another Cam?