2018 4* QB Joey Gatewood (Auburn 12/5/15)

RunInRed

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Am I the only one that thinks he must not be better than the other two or he'd be getting the snaps? Heresy, I know but....legitimate 5* and upper 4* QB's get their snaps. The odds against there being three such prospects on one team are astronomical. Maybe Joey has a good bit of work to do before he's ready to be considered a top-notch prospect?

On the surface one may think that but you also have to consider that of the 3 QBs he is the only 1 who stays on the field & makes an impact at WR & RB. Yes I personally would rather him be the QB but I can legitimately see where their offense could be better with him at WR & RB some while the other 2 who are legit college prospects take some QB snaps.

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Am I the only one that thinks he must not be better than the other two or he'd be getting the snaps? Heresy, I know but....legitimate 5* and upper 4* QB's get their snaps. The odds against there being three such prospects on one team are astronomical. Maybe Joey has a good bit of work to do before he's ready to be considered a top-notch prospect?

I rarely speak in absolutes. Instead, I'd say that it's very troubling that the next savior of Auburn football could possibly get moved to another position on *any* high school football team. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

It's too bad Joey isn't in the 2017 class. We sure need a QB.

4ever, not even going to give White or Woody a chance at all?

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I rarely speak in absolutes. Instead, I'd say that it's very troubling that the next savior of Auburn football could possibly get moved to another position on *any* high school football team. 

Yep. Folks here need to temper down the huge expectations they have for Gatewood. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Yep. Folks here need to temper down the huge expectations they have for Gatewood. 

I've moved on to Bo Nix.  Man, that 2022 AU team is going to be awesome.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

I've moved on to Bo Nix.  Man, that 2022 AU team is going to be awesome.

Gatewood is damn good. Just the AU faithful are going to be disappointed when Gstewood redshirts. Kid still has a way to go. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gatewood is damn good. Just the AU faithful are going to be disappointed when Gstewood redshirts. Kid still has a way to go. 

Don't think AU fans will be disappointed if Stidham is here & lighting teams up that year.....What am I saying?!?!? It's AU fans. Of course they'll be disappointed.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Don't think AU fans will be disappointed if Stidham is here & lighting teams up that year.....What am I saying?!?!? It's AU fans. Of course they'll be disappointed.

No, I agree with your first thought E. If AU is winning, most people will be OK with it. I personally think Stidham is our best change to win quickly.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Correct about AU fans.  I can't count the number of '"can't miss"  QB's we have signed who did not pan out.  I remember being on cloud 9 when we signed Kodi Burns & Keihl Frazier.  And going back to the 70's Chris Vacarella.  The list is long!

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

lol

3 hours ago, tinman said:

Correct about AU fans.  I can't count the number of '"can't miss"  QB's we have signed who did not pan out.  I remember being on cloud 9 when we signed Kodi Burns & Keihl Frazier.  And going back to the 70's Chris Vacarella.  The list is long!

Wow blast from the past

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Still remember when you were saying the elite WRs would consider Auburn once they saw how JJ threw the ball. I guess the joke really is on Auburn fans.

:-\

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Still remember when you were saying the elite WRs would consider Auburn once they saw how JJ threw the ball. I guess the joke really is on Auburn fans.

:-\

So did I :-\ and just like JJ Joey has huge potential just got to hope it works out

Well we could quit saying things like that just in case it doesn't work out. I'm pretty hyped on Gatewood's talent but I'm not going to say, "wait until all the recruits see this guy." 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Well we could quit saying things like that just in case it doesn't work out. I'm pretty hyped on Gatewood's talent but I'm not going to say, "wait until all the recruits see this guy." 

That's what fans do especially on a message board

10 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Good one jeffery 

Notice that I quoted the pre-edited version. Still don't completely agree with it.. But it's better. So funny how you mods can edit stuff with no notification.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Notice that I quoted the pre-edited version. Still don't completely agree with it.. But it's better. So funny how you mods can edit stuff with no notification.

Have no idea what your talking about

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Have no idea what your talking about

Whatever man. I see what you're doing. 

11 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Whatever man. I see what you're doing. 

I did not do anything....editing?? I don't edit anyone w/o sending them a PM. Good grief chill.

OK as for Joey if we can keep him he has great potential and I sure some good receivers will hopefully want to play with him.

Just now, augolf1716 said:

I did not do anything....editing?? I don't edit anyone w/o sending them a PM and I'm not doing anything. Good grief chill.

OK as for Joey if we can keep him he has great potential and I sure some good receivers will hopefully want to play with him.

I didnt say you edited me. Good grief, the posts above clearly shows that you edited your post though. 

You went from:

27 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:
  26 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

That's what fans do

To

28 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

That's what fans do especially on a message board

Which prompted:

23 minutes ago, aujeff11 said: