2018 4* QB Joey Gatewood (Auburn 12/5/15)

RunInRed

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Possible but Not at all a necessity on the project part. Not yet at least. He can still transfer somewhere next year & be a full time QB for a year before college. If he were to go to somewhere like IMG I think they could develop him well in even a year. On the 2019/2020 part no fan should expect a QB, no matter how polished they may be out of high school, to be SEC ready before their 2nd year at college which 2019/2020 would be for Joey. Besides, IF we get Stidham or Sean continues to progress & stay healthy we likely won't need Joey ready til the 2019 or 2020 seasons anyway.

Just like Freshman Jalen Hurt with Alabama? :)))))

Let's wait and see him in the SEC before we start citing him as a counter-point.

The number of true freshman QBs to look great in the SEC is pretty dang low.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

1 of a very rare exceptions my friend & we don't know if he is SEC ready yet. He has not played an SEC game.

47 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Hopefully the emoticons at the end mean you're not going with the "Exception to the rule says hi" move...

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

1 of a very rare exceptions my friend & we don't know if he is SEC ready yet. He has not played an SEC game.

He has not and he has the best offensive coordinator in college.  Kiffin knows how to exploit defenses better than anyone else.

No.. just seemed to be a slow day...so I thought i would throw that in...There are exceptions to every rule..and the SEC will tell how he adjusts as good defenses know his tendencies as a FR QB or what his OC will allow him to execute.

But he has done a pretty remarkable job...with 2 top QBs in front of him who are not doing as well as he is.

And..another example of 'how no one ever knows until the lights come on'. Just look at DAk Prescott with the Cowboys. even the NFL with all their analysis and expert drafters dont know everything. Or Antonio Brown with Steelers.

or our Kyle Davis may fit that to some degree. He did have the hype, but hasnt practiced in weeks...and now one of his catches is a ESPN highlight..))

4 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

No.. just seemed to be a slow day...so I thought i would throw that in...There are exceptions to every rule..and the SEC will tell how he adjusts as good defenses know his tendencies as a FR QB or what his OC will allow him to execute.

But he has done a pretty remarkable job...with 2 top QBs in front of him who are not doing as well as he is.

And..another example of 'how no one ever knows until the lights come on'. Just look at DAk Prescott with the Cowboys. even the NFL with all their analysis and expert drafters dont know everything. Or Antonio Brown with Steelers.

or our Kyle Davis may fit that to some degree. He did have the hype, but hasnt practiced in weeks...and now one of his catches is a ESPN highlight..))

Huh? Who are you talking about? If you are talking about other QBs at Bama then higher rated does not necessarily mean 2 top QBs in front of him.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Huh? Who are you talking about? If you are talking about other QBs at Bama then higher rated does not necessarily mean 2 top QBs in front of him.

The two Bama QBs in front of him have been in the program for now 2/3 years and both those guys were higher ranked/rated, even according to their Alabama site. So that is what I mean by 'top QB' coming to Alabama.

ALL i am saying is knowing how a QB will perform for your team is a guess, until the lights come on. Hurt so far is the exception to a freshman can't succeed. He may fail at Ole Miss, because of that lack of SEC experience. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steeleagle said:

The two Bama QBs in front of him have been in the program for now 2/3 years and both those guys were higher ranked/rated, even according to their Alabama site. So that is what I mean by 'top QB' coming to Alabama.

ALL i am saying is knowing how a QB will perform for your team is a guess, until the lights come on. Hurt so far is the exception to a freshman can't succeed. He may fail at Ole Miss, because of that lack of SEC experience. 

Which is why they made him pass so much against western Kentucky last Saturday, IMO. They need him to think quicker and get the ball out of his hands before facing one miss. I think he got sacked a couple times against WK so he is apparently holding on to the ball too long. I can't find the stats but I did listen to the game.....the other guy in my office is a bammer so I put up with listening to the game so I can listen to auburns.

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Hopefully the emoticons at the end mean you're not going with the "Exception to the rule says hi" move...

Maybe it's just me, but that got old fast. Especially when half the people that said that had no idea what they were taking about

• 1 month later...

This question is for those that have some actual knowledge of Joey's current situation.  Apparently he is not starting for his current team and is therefore getting very limited QB reps.  Will he be the likely starter next year, or is he looking to transfer?  Also, with so little to go on this year, does the recruiting world, and more importantly our coaching staff, still feel that he is a blue chip dual threat QB talent?

42 minutes ago, eulessau said:

This question is for those that have some actual knowledge of Joey's current situation.  Apparently he is not starting for his current team and is therefore getting very limited QB reps.  Will he be the likely starter next year, or is he looking to transfer?  Also, with so little to go on this year, does the recruiting world, and more importantly our coaching staff, still feel that he is a blue chip dual threat QB talent?

We already have a Joey Gatewood thread where all of this is discussed ad nauseam. 

45 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

So that is new....

it's a link that now doesn't exist because I merged two Joey threads. Funny that it says no permission.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

it's a link that now doesn't exist because I merged two Joey threads. Funny that it says no permission.

I just figured you were telling Golf he didn't have permission to post anymore. I think Red is sarcasm. LOL

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I just figured you were telling Golf he didn't have permission to post anymore. I think Red is sarcasm. LOL

No numnuts this color is......................

20 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I am old I forget color associations sometimes.

4 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am old I forget color associations sometimes.

Don't you know that complaining about being old to Golf is like complaining about being cold to someone frozen in a block of ice?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Don't you know that complaining about being old to Golf is like complaining about being cold to someone frozen in a block of ice?

Really..................................................but your correct numnuts

On 11/14/2016 at 4:59 PM, augolf1716 said:

I find it amusing someone who is so old his nuts are bound to have lost all function to call someone else 'numnuts'. A septuagenarian version of the pot calling the kettle black. 

4 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

I find it amusing someone who is so old his nuts are bound to have lost all function to call someone else 'numnuts'. A septuagenarian version of the pot calling the kettle black. 

OK how bout smartass.............I say that with peace 

• Like 2