2018 4* QB Joey Gatewood (Auburn 12/5/15)

RunInRed

seriously, this guy reminds me of cam so much. his build, arm and how has running ability but only runs when he needs or wants to b/c he is such a great passer.

I won't say he's like Cam, but his running style is very similar. Almost looks like he's running off balance but manages to make guys miss and has deceptive speed. Cam seemed to be on the verge of falling over (see the LSU highlight run) but would still manage to outrun folks.

Nice job lashlee.

Credit where credit is due.

With bama picking up kid from Houston county glad to see we are doing the same. Best news in some time for me.

Edited by NewDay22

• 2 months later...

My boy!!!

He is wearing FSU cleats though. Emblem and all. Saw it on a Woody Wommack tweet earlier.

He's camped at FSU a ton.

I have no juice with him at all....I just have a really strong feeling he's going to be a program changer. I'll offer up no AUbritts posts for three months if gatewood signs with us though

I have no juice with him at all....I just have a really strong feeling he's going to be a program changer. I'll offer up no AUbritts posts for three months if gatewood signs with us though

As of now everything is looking good for Joey.

If that would make a difference, you know I'd do it.

Sure wish we had addressed the QB coach situation that continues to fester. It will be used against us. These guys just want to get to Sunday's and will be looking for someone to hone their talents. After the past 2 years of total failure by this staff position we are behind the eight ball. With the recruiting talent surrounding us it will be extreamly tough to hang on to him.

Sure wish we had addressed the QB coach situation that continues to fester. It will be used against us. These guys just want to get to Sunday's and will be looking for someone to hone their talents. After the past 2 years of total failure by this staff position we are behind the eight ball. With the recruiting talent surrounding us it will be extreamly tough to hang on to him.

Just FTR that's as much on Gus if not more so than Rhett. Gus actually coaches the QBs more than Rhett & when Rhett does, it's to Gus's specific orders.

The QB coach sitch ain't changing as long as Gus is the HC, no matter who the "QB coach" may be listed as.

Well Like they say, "therein lies the rub". I really feel that regardless of who eventually wins the job, be it transfer,freshman or senior if we don't see proficientcy change will be the order of the day come December.

Look at that arm....sophomore Smh

He can throw very well when on the run. Too bad I feel like getting him is little more than a pipe dream.

Look at that arm....sophomore Smh

He can throw very well when on the run. Too bad I feel like getting him is little more than a pipe dream.

And he's committed to us. Cheer up Eor. (Just friendly messing w/ you) I think we keep him if Gus survives @ AU til then.