Injuries

AidiAU

1 minute ago, Auctoritas said:

Avascular necrosis is what killed Bo's hip. Basically, the bone dies because of lack of blood supply. It can be treated - we've made huge strides in regenerative medicine since then. But it's not a quick process or just a matter of taking some pills.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, though, did I miss something?

Just something that I saw posted on another site regarding Sean; hoping that it is just a bad rumor.

16 hours ago, Auctoritas said:

Avascular necrosis is what killed Bo's hip. Basically, the bone dies because of lack of blood supply secondary to some sort of trauma (at least, this is more common in athletes). It can be treated - we've made huge strides in regenerative medicine since then, but it's not a quick process or just a matter of taking some pills, and it's not a sure thing (some stuff is very experimental).

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, though, did I miss something?

That's what I had in both hips......hurts like a mother

17 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

Just something that I saw posted on another site regarding Sean; hoping that it is just a bad rumor.

I was told the same thing about Sean last week. One of the people who told me he had a labrum tear also told me Friday Sean had necrosis in his right clavicle. I trust that his information is good (it comes from a reliable place), but there has been some mixed info out there. And PTB has a lot more clout and knowledge about these things than I do.

7 hours ago, boomstick said:

I was told the same thing about Sean last week. One of the people who told me he had a labrum tear also told me Friday Sean had necrosis in his right clavicle. I trust that his information is good (it comes from a reliable place), but there has been some mixed info out there. And PTB has a lot more clout and knowledge about these things than I do.

I had read it but didn't want to report it as fact; I will also refer to PTB. Thanks Auctoritas for your reply as well. 

Damn, he graduates this coming May? Bubba been putting in the work. I do hope he hangs around at least one more year. I doubt his stock can go anywhere but up without a serious injury.. I will probably be getting my son a #36 jersey now.  

I can see KP moving on to the NFL. I actually think his stock can only go down. He freaking tore it up when he was playing, what are the chances he rips off another string of ~200 yard games? His running style is already going to minimize the time he will have in the NFL, why not get paid to dish out and take those hits rather than doing it all for free? Considering everything he has overcome in life when this opportunity shows it's face to you I gotta think you jump at it. Running Backs aren't going to be high picks anymore so unless he has like 2000 yards rushing next year his stock can only go down IMO.

I really hope Bubba is able to play.  I was hopeful about Sean till reading this post.  Pettway's ability to keep the defense honest will hopefully keep Bama from harassing JJ.  We all know how that turns out.

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

I can see KP moving on to the NFL. I actually think his stock can only go down. He freaking tore it up when he was playing, what are the chances he rips off another string of ~200 yard games? His running style is already going to minimize the time he will have in the NFL, why not get paid to dish out and take those hits rather than doing it all for free? Considering everything he has overcome in life when this opportunity shows it's face to you I gotta think you jump at it. Running Backs aren't going to be high picks anymore so unless he has like 2000 yards rushing next year his stock can only go down IMO.

i couldn't blame him if he decided to go, but i assure you there are many here who would blame it on Gus somehow. I think we get one more year.

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

His stock is actually questionable at the moment. A non-contact injury for a running back who didn't even play the whole season is going to raise a lot of questions. He needs to prove he can handle a whole season before the NFL is going to throw money at him.

He would benefit from one more year. This season's success could be looked at as a "fluke" and like @lionheartkc said, injury makes any NFL team second guess drafting him.

Or he could end up like Lawson and get injured again making his situation worse and having to spend another year at Auburn to show he is durable enough for the big boy league. (Okay, I seriously doubt he'll have that problem. He's built to take the punishment. He just needs a good backup to take some of the load off him during the games.)

What's the word on Truitt if we're not getting Pettway back, @passthebiscuits? I don't believe Kerryon is "close to 100%" as Gus keeps saying. He looks slower than me running out there. So I really, really, hope we have Truitt back to get some good running in. If not him, hopefully Rudy can get some hard runs in (without the lazy ball handling he showed last Saturday).

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

How is Pettway, Cox, Truitt and White and Carlton Davis?

Pettway - Per Malzahn to play - TIFWIW

Cox - Per Malzahn to play

Truitt - Questionable

White - No Decision Yet, Evaluate after practice Wednesday - Per Malzahn

C Davis to play- Steele said all defensive players ready to go (less Cowart, of course)

4 hours ago, alexava said:

i couldn't blame him if he decided to go, but i assure you there are many here who would blame it on Gus somehow. I think we get one more year.

If KP is drafted in the first 4 rounds he would be wise to go IMO. Won't he Gus's fault. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If KP is drafted in the first 4 rounds he would be wise to go IMO. Won't he Gus's fault. 

4 rounds? Come on!

2nd round with a possible shot at first is the only way I would leave. However I hope we have enough depth and balance not to run him 39 times like the moo st game. 

Archived