Things I Think I Saw: Auburn vs Georgia....

JMR

15 hours ago, JMR said:

Fair point, lion. But if Tony felt that tentative about his injury, he probably should not have been in the game. We do have other (albeit inexperienced) wide receivers. 

How many of our players can we say that about, at this point?  We're more like a sports rehab than a football team.  If all the players who should be sitting out, did, there's a good chance we wouldn't have a team.

16 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Something about the game just felt flat to me though. :dunno:

I felt the same. I don't know if it was lack of effort offensively or the offense just feeling like a win was already guaranteed, but I didn't "feel" any sense of urgency even as the clock winded down in the 4th quarter.

44 minutes ago, Linayus said:

I felt the same. I don't know if it was lack of effort offensively or the offense just feeling like a win was already guaranteed, but I didn't "feel" any sense of urgency even as the clock winded down in the 4th quarter.

I think you'll find it was emotional exhaustion.  Every time they turned around, another player was gone. Every time they tried to make something happen, one thing or another went wrong. After a while it's really hard to mentally power through. A lot of the team was also in pain. Just getting through a day with pain is hard... playing football in pain amplifies that dramatically.

• Like 1

• Speaking of wide receivers, I love the way Eli Stove runs the ball. His effort on the speed sweeps is outstanding, and I feel like he squeezes every possible yard out of the play. It’s too late for this year, but I hope Stove and the other freshmen wideouts will be a much bigger part of the AU offense next season.

I also love the way Eli runs on those speed sweeps; there is no hesitation, he hits the hole wide open, and runs that way until someone tackles him. I have been impressed with Ryan White's hands all season, but even he dropped one Saturday. I think the Kam Martin's miss bothered me as much as any of the drops Saturday, because not only would it have been a big gain, I just didn't see the effort to catch the ball, it went straight thru his hands.

13 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

I think the Kam Martin's miss bothered me as much as any of the drops Saturday, because not only would it have been a big gain, I just didn't see the effort to catch the ball, it went straight thru his hands.

Heck... it looked like he'd never caught a ball in his life.

18 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Consistently the best analysis I have ever seen.  Great job!  Very much appreciation.

Thanks much for the kind words, ic.