Auburn with shot at Sugar Bowl

abw0004

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It really doesn't matter that much, anyway. Not when our biggest rival is about to win their 17th Natty. Orlando is nicer, anyway. 

We have at least 5 legit natties if we would just claim them. BUUUUUUT AU is to worried about not being like Bama..... SMH

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the CFP rankings: Teams that are more than likely going to jump us:

#14 Florida State
#18 West Virginia
#24 Stanford

Unranked teams:
Virginia Tech
LSU

I wish we could just go to the Pinstripe or Bahama bowl. I'm sick of the SECs bowl tie in's. Hell I'd rather go see Auburn in the Belk Bowl. At least it's something new. I feel like we go to Florida 4 out of every 5 bowls. And New Orleans is overrated. 

I wish we could just go to the Pinstripe or Bahama bowl. I'm sick of the SECs bowl tie in's. Hell I'd rather go see Auburn in the Belk Bowl. At least it's something new. I feel like we go to Florida 4 out of every 5 bowl. And New Orleans is overrated. 

Drunk?

I wish we could just go to the Pinstripe or Bahama bowl. I'm sick of the SECs bowl tie in's. Hell I'd rather go see Auburn in the Belk Bowl. At least it's something new. I feel like we go to Florida 4 out of every 5 bowls. And New Orleans is overrated. 

WHAT?! a win in the sugar bowl would be the only way to save this season.

No. Not at all. Those destinations are just old and played out, in my opinion. I wanna see Auburn play somewhere new. Orange would be nice, if that's possible. It's Florida, but we do t go to the Orange Bowl often.

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Orlando, Atlanta, Orlando, Nashville, New Orleans, Orlando, Dallas, Atlanta, Tampa, Glendale, Atlanta, Pasadena, Tampa, Birmingham != four out of every five bowls. Belk is definitely the least desirable out of the "pool of six" games.

We have not been to the sugar since 04. How is it played out? Played out is playing clemson and wisconsin!!! haha

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

WHAT?! a win in the sugar bowl would be the only way to save this season.

I mean, I get what you're saying. I just don't feel like the Sugar Bowl has a lot of luster, if you're a 4 loss team, winning it. It would be nice to say we won the Sugar Bowl, because of its standing in cfb, but I don't feel like any of us are going to think of this team as a "Sugar Bowl" team.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I mean, I get what you're saying. I just don't feel like the Sugar Bowl has a lot of luster, if you're a 4 loss team, winning it. It would be nice to say we won the Sugar Bowl, because of its standing in cfb, but I don't feel like any of us are going to think of this team as a "Sugar Bowl" team.

IF we beat oklahoma a true blue blood of college football. a program who is royalty and has a flashy offense with a star qb it would be a huge boon. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

We have not been to the sugar since 04. How is it played out? Played out is playing clemson and wisconsin!!! haha

Yea. I agree with you on Clemson and Wisconsin. And you're right about Sugar. We haven't seen it in a while. I think what I'm trying to say is, will anyone feel like a good Auburn team got screwed, if we don't make the Sugar? We are a four loss team who lost to Bama and Georgia again. I don't feel like the Sugar Bowl is gonna make many people feel a ton better. 

This may just be post Iron Bowl depression coming out. Don't pay me any mind. Ha

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yea. I agree with you on Clemson and Wisconsin. And you're right about Sugar. We haven't seen it in a while. I think what I'm trying to say is, will anyone feel like a good Auburn team got screwed, if we don't make the Sugar? We are a four loss team who lost to Bama and Georgia again. I don't feel like the Sugar Bowl is gonna make many people feel a ton better. 

This may just be post Iron Bowl depression coming out. Don't pay me any mind. Ha

Would feel like a hollow trip to me. Reward for being a decent team in a down conference. Winning would be nice but wouldn't give me a ton more confidence things will be different next year.

Sugar bowl against a team like OK would be nice

it would give us a lot of important practices now only in that it's the standard extra practices but we'd be preparing for a very good team on a pretty prestigious stage. Even with how terrible we played tonight, with a month of preparation this Auburn team could represent the sec well in the sugar. 

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don't think that they can just pick them over us. For the Sugar and Citrus bowl, it would have to go in order. If they moved us down a lot after losing to the best team in the country, and then moved LSU up a ton for beating a mediocre Texas AM, I'd be surprised. 

They dropped then #13 LSU eleven spots after losing to #1 Alabama. That game was more competitive and they lost by a smaller margin than what happened today.

It's far from inconceivable.

Help me out here because I'm trying to stay objective - burnt orange & navy glasses notwithstanding. 

Sugar Bowl has first shot at inviting the highest ranked non playoff SEC team, yes?

FSU hammered UF, aTm got handled by LSU and vandy beat the Vols comfortably, yes?

We lost by 18 on the road to #1 Bama.

Absent unranked (in PSC poll) LSU jumping us, we may very well be the highest ranked non playoff SEC team on Tuesday night - yes?

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

They have to take the highest ranked SEC team in the CFP poll if the SEC Champ is not in the playoffs right?

AU will bring g a crowd...that is what really matters to them IMO.

7 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

How about a LSU to the Sugar, AU to the Orange, and UF to the Citrus? 

After the Sugar fills it's spot, the Orange Bowl can select an SEC team. To me, either one would be great and a nice little boost for the program, and we could use a boost right now. 

The Orange has to select the highest ranked available team from the SEC, Big Ten,,& Notre Dame. SEC has no shot there. That will be the Wisky-Penn St. loser.

Just now, ellitor said:

The Orange has to select the highest ranked available team from the SEC, Big Ten,,& Notre Dame. SEC has no shot there. That will be the Wisky-Penn St. loser.

They like a northern team whose fans will travel....either would be good.

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

AU will bring g a crowd...that is what really matters to them IMO.

So would LSU. It's basically at home for them & they have all the momentum right now.

58 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Help me out here because I'm trying to stay objective - burnt orange & navy glasses notwithstanding. 

Sugar Bowl has first shot at inviting the highest ranked non playoff SEC team, yes?

FSU hammered UF, aTm got handled by LSU and vandy beat the Vols comfortably, yes?

We lost by 18 on the road to #1 Bama.

Absent unranked (in PSC poll) LSU jumping us, we may very well be the highest ranked non playoff SEC team on Tuesday night - yes?

Yes but the final poll iss the next Sunday and LSU could still jump is then.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

So would LSU. It's basically at home for them & they have all the momentum right now.

Guess they hope some folks come down and spend  few days and some money.

7 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

There's never been a four loss team get in the Sugar Bowl. I went and checked last night and three losses are the most a team has ever had that got in the Sugar Bowl. It's either going to be us or LSU and I'm thinking that LSU is the hottest team in the SEC behind Bama right now. So I think LSU is likely to get in. Plus they beat a ranked team in Texas A&M and we lost in a mostly non-competitive game against Alabama. LSU only lost 10-0 to Alabama and it was scoreless going into the 4th qurater of that game. LSU's got more momentum than we do right now. That UGA loss not only cost of a chance at the West, it's likely going to cost us the Sugar Bowl as well. :no:

Check harder my friend. FSU went in the 2002 season with 4 losses & lost to UGA. It is rare though.

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Guess they hope some folks come down and spend  few days and some money.

Well their fans appear more excited about the Sugar Bowl than ours.

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Other than a few malcontents Auburn fans have always supported the team.   Give us an interesting opponent and people will be there for the team.....

Archived