Auburn with shot at Sugar Bowl

abw0004

3 hours ago, DAG said:

The sun still rose this morning?! No sh!t. Either way, do not be surprised if LSU jumped us. If we played LSU tomorrow, I do not have any confidence we would win. Both teams are completely different. 

We could play a bunch of toddlers or The cast of Glee tomorrow and many of the torch bearers would think AU would lose. 

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

We could play a bunch of toddlers or The cast of Glee tomorrow and many of the torch bearers would think AU would lose. 

Toddlers are no joke. I might be inclined to agree with them.

After checking the news this morning from New Orleans , looks like anyone planning to spend time on Bourbon Street better go armed. 

1 hour ago, Dan-0 said:

Do you really think we are playing at a Sugar Bowl level at this point of the season? It would be nice to be invited but not so much if we get embarrassed on national TV. Our O is at a much lower level than it was at the end of last year´s Birmingham Bowl appearance.

WE has two parts.  The offense...no way.  The defense?  Should be in the top 4, playoff berth.  In whichever bowl we are blessed to be invited to play, Auburn will give a good showing...in the stands and on the field.  The coaching carousel has started, causing shifts at all levels.  Round and round it goes...where it stops and when will be very interesting.

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

After checking the news this morning from New Orleans , looks like anyone planning to spend time on Bourbon Street better go armed. 

How awful!  Prayers for all involved.  http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/news/crime_police/collection_e02771f6-b493-11e6-ac29-2f17ea6d9864.html

3 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Come to think of it you might be right...lol

Now, do you mean regular toddlers or "Toddlers & Tiaras"?  Because the latter comes with a fierce set of pageant moms that would make most run for cover...

If Sean is healthy we can absolutely beat oklahoma. Their defense is atrocious. If he does not play? Yah we will get thumped.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

If Sean is healthy we can absolutely beat oklahoma. Their defense is atrocious. If he does not play? Yah we will get thumped.

Agreed. Same goes with last night too.

Our players deserve to play in the Sugar Bowl, especially the seniors. Our coaches, not so much. Our D can keep us in any game and I think if they would stick with JF3 and let him throw and run the ball our offense would start to produce. I was glad to see JJ get his last chance to shine but we have to be thinking about next year now.

I don't  think Auburn can compete with Oklahoma. Maybe OK State could be a win.

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Not w/o a healthy Kam jmo

6 weeks should be good enough (hopefully) for sean and Bubba to be healthy.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

6 weeks should be good enough (hopefully) for sean and Bubba to be healthy.

We were talking about the turd game and we better hope SW is 100%

20 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

So what give you credit seems like you've been saying that for 15 years. Oh and I'm always right just ask my dog

So you and my wife think alike, huh?

Guys...this constant bickering has got to stop.......seems you need a referee......

Maybe Jeff or Cole...:)

3 hours ago, Dan-0 said:

Our players deserve to play in the Sugar Bowl, especially the seniors. Our coaches, not so much. Our D can keep us in any game and I think if they would stick with JF3 and let him throw and run the ball our offense would start to produce. I was glad to see JJ get his last chance to shine but we have to be thinking about next year now.

Maybe we can go to the Sugar Bowl and entice another head coach and offensive staff to come coach our team. Can always dream....sigh....

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Guys...this constant bickering has got to stop.......seems you need a referee......

Maybe Jeff or Cole...:)

Add auburn4ever for comic relief...because we all need to laugh more...

13 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

they won't have two polls. Where ever they are in relations to AU this week is where they will be next week also since neither plays next week. And again we were more than 12 spots ahead of them before we played. Most outside folks are saying that uat overcame us in the second half as it was close. Considering we played them at Ttown and they played at home I just don't see anywhere the CFP will put them ahead.

Nope. They could say they took a closer look and liked LSU resume better. They can do that on the 2nd ranking without either team playing especiallyif the Sugar bras lobbies them hard for LSU behind the scenes.

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Sean won't be healthy.

Archived