Auburn with shot at Sugar Bowl

abw0004

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Given Vandy up by 11 with 4 left, looking good vs an OK team in Nola

When I started typing that they were down by 3. lol. We also need Florida to lose out.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Tennessee loses tonight (which it looks like they will).  And Florida loses tonight and in the sec championship...does Auburn still have a chance for the sugar bowl?

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

If Tennessee loses tonight (which it looks like they will).  And Florida loses tonight and in the sec championship...does Auburn still have a chance for the sugar bowl?

They gotta take somebody. I'd say our chances are as good as anyone. Maybe LSU though. 

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

No. The WILL BE in the Sugar at that point.

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Looking good on all fronts :Sing:

Yeah, Fla ST has been handling Florida and there is no way Florida beats Bammer. Looks good to me

What's crazy is that as mediocre as his year has been for us we are essentially the second best team in all of the SEC. Hope we find some kind of offense if we play in a big bowl. 

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No. They WILL BE in the Sugar at that point.

Unless they give LSU one hellof a rankings bump which is unfortunately possible.

1 minute ago, tbone1430 said:

What's crazy is that as mediocre as his year has been for us we are essentially the second best team in all of the SEC. Hope we find some kind of offense if we play in a big bowl. 

If Auburn plays Oklahoma will need offense to step up,

1 minute ago, tbone1430 said:

The SEC overall has been horrible this year.  A good year for an average Auburn team.

I'm sure Gus will do fine with a month of preparation and get all of our hopes up.

i do hope we get to go to the sugar bowl. Good for recruiting, exposure, practices and likely a much better opponent than the belk bowl

Just now, aufan57 said:

If Auburn plays Oklahoma will need offense to step up,

We gonna need the offense to step up period, regardless of who we play. 

1 minute ago, Charhair said:

I'm sure Gus will do fine with a month of preparation and get all of our hopes up.

i do hope we get to go to the sugar bowl. Good for recruiting, exposure, practices and likely a much better opponent than the belk bowl

Belk Bowl is not an option at this point. It's either Sugar or Citrus.

1 minute ago, Auctoritas said:

Think Butch gets fired?

No but his seat is now white hot.

It must be nice to be average in the SEC east.  The last several years the East has produced Missouri and Florida, the two most pitiful teams as representatives of the East.

Now Florida won't even be going to the Sugar Bowl.  Crazy stuff.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Unless they give LSU one hellof a rankings bump which is unfortunately possible.

Hadn't thought about that angle.  

Archived