Auburn with shot at Sugar Bowl

abw0004

2 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Think Butch gets fired?

Nah, not this year. It's just a matter of time though. I don't think there is anyone they'd really want to replace him with right now honestly. Couple of teams I know in the same boat. :)

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, I tend to agree with the LSU angle unfortunately.  Think the committee forgoes head to head and takes into account an up-trending LSU with the cinderella story coaching angle over a team losing 2 of its last three and without its starting QB

5 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Think Butch gets fired?

I would prefer if he was this year instead of next. In the case that we are also looking next year, I don't want a competition with possibly UT and LSU

in a game of what ifs that is

2 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Hadn't thought about that angle.  

I had not either ti I posted it and I don't think anyone has. But their 4 losses of us, Bama, Wisky, & UF are better than our 4 losses of Clemson Bama, aTm, & UGA. That could be a deciding factor in rankings unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

LSUbmight get the nod over Auburn based on the way Auburn limped into the season

Yep. Also have to consider fans. 90 percent of LSU fans are excited to see their bowl game. 90 percent of AU fans will be wishing for a new coach. Just think, if we were the ones who had lost that LSU game... 1/4 of a second from being closer to no Gus.

1 minute ago, FoundationEagle said:

Yep. Also have to consider fans. 90 percent of LSU fans are excited to see their bowl game. 90 percent of AU fans will be wishing for a new coach. Just think, if we were the ones who had lost that LSU game... 1/4 of a second from being closer to no Gus.

Nah. Give Auburn a month to heal.  A healthy Sean and Bubba roll against a crappy big 10 or big 12 team.

4 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Yup. I would not be surprised if the Sugar Bowl Bras makes a call to the CFP committee to at least ask them to vote LSU higher than us.

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Nah. Give Auburn a month to heal.  A healthy Sean and Bubba roll against a crappy big 10 or big 12 team.

Oklahoma don't look too crappy right now. It will be the winner of the OU-Okie St game next week.

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Don't count on Sean Bruh!

Just now, hutchids said:

Doesnt the sugar bowl take the highest ranked sec team not in the playoffs? Unless UF gets lucky against bama next week, thats us

I'm telling you the committee could easily make LSU a big jump to get over us. I could see them going from out of the 25 to #20 and us drop to #21.

2 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

LSU won't jump us with us holding the head to head. 

I wouldn't count on it. If I'm the Sugar Bowl and want a guaranteed sellout, I'm lobbying for LSU hard. 

2 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

LSU won't jump us with us holding the head to head. 

Head to head is more of a tie breaking factor than determining factor. Their losses overall are a bit better than ours.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I'm telling you the committee could easily make LSU a big jump to get over us. I could see them going from out of the 25 to #20 and us drop to #21.

Only possible thing i could see in the committee room is they would be faced this week with moving LSU over not 1, but two (UF and AU) teams that beat them in the regular season.  Outside lobbying forces notwithstanding, I could kind of see a compromise of moving them over UF but not quite over AU.  It will be close though

3 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Only possible thing i could see in the committee room is they would be faced this week with moving LSU over not 1, but two (UF and AU) teams that beat them in the regular season.  Outside lobbying forces notwithstanding, I could kind of see a compromise of moving them over UF but not quite over AU.  It will be close though

They can make the move over 2 weeks though. They could get close this week and then jump us on Selection Sunday by using the excuse they liked LSU's losses better without either team playing.

Just now, ellitor said:

They can make the move over 2 weeks though. They could get close this week and then jump us on Selection Sunday by using the excuse they liked LSU's losses better without either team playing.

Good point.  Also a Wisky win in the B1G Championship would also provide them an easy way to make the excuse.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Head to head is more of a tie breaking factor than determining factor. Their losses overall are a bit better than ours.

I'd say we've lost to pretty equal teams... just not so sure how we go from at least 13 spots ahead of them, lose to #1 team in nation, and go below them. Could see it from a fan perspective but it's not like AU will not travel well. Probably seeing through orange and blue glasses but I see the head to head as a big determining factor, especially considering we have same records. 

15 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

And with no Sean?  From what I hear I wouldn't expect him. Bubba played tonight....

Gotta have both.  No passing game = no running game just like last year

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I'd say we've lost to pretty equal teams... just not so sure how we go from at least 13 spots ahead of them, lose to #1 team in nation, and go below them. Could see it from a fan perspective but it's not like AU will not travel well. Probably seeing through orange and blue glasses but I see the head to head as a big determining factor, especially considering we have same records. 

True that.  We have the tie breaker with the win over LSU

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

Could say the same for us and Clemson 

True.  If I'm honest, I see a 52/48 argument in favor of LSeww, which is the same as saying I have no clue at all what the committee will do.  But I'd guess (someone correct me if Im wrong), AU is looking at a likely Citrus vs FSU or Sugar vs Bedlam winner.  Both would be good opponents for the program, and I won't be too disappointed either way

Archived