***Auburn 55 Alabama A&M 0 - Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Extremely happy for JJ. He played really well in his last game in Jordan-Hare. Also great for the D to finally get the shutout. Good job all around and an impressive win as expected. War Eagle!

Good job by all our players. I know A&M makes a lot of money off this game, and AU is basically throwing them a bone, but am I the only one who feels like we should not be playing an FCS team like this? I know, I know, everybody does it now....

Not that it matters, but it does....no shutout for Alabama today....

War Eagle! Happy for Jeremy and all. Now onto the Iron Bowl!!

4 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

Good job by all our players. I know A&M makes a lot of money off this game, and AU is basically throwing them a bone, but am I the only one who feels like we should not be playing an FCS team like this? I know, I know, everybody does it now....

I feel like AU, as well as most teams, schedules an FCS opponent at a point that would be good for a bye week. Allows you to rest most of your starters (usually) and still gives you a home game and all of that. 

I think scheduling FCS opponents in week 1-2 is stupid though. You should know what you've got by then and if you're still trying to play a "tester" game at that point, at least play someone who will give a fight. 

But as a "glorified scrimmage" before the IB where we get to let a lot of guys get real in game reps while resting our starters seems to be beneficial to nearly everyone save for an injury or something that may occur

25 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Shut Out!!

Can we get Kam Martin some more playing time!

Bet he doesn't play a snap in the Iron Bowl

Happy for the seniors. Happy for JJ. Glad there was a shutout. 

I still hate the first down run up the middle after we get a first down... the play that everyone in America knows is coming. 

I wish Lawson and Adams success in the nfl next year  

War eagle! 

There's problems with this program that need correcting, but I feel it's very important to notice that unlike in last year, 2012, and 2011, we actually blew out our cupcake opponents. The latter was a season where we had a better-than-expected but very deceiving record (which is what I've been reminded of in arguments on here this week).

11 minutes ago, AUwent said:

There's problems with this program that need correcting, but I feel it's very important to notice that unlike in last year, 2012, and 2011--the latter being a season where we had a better-than-expected but very deceiving record (which is what I've been reminded of in arguments on here this week), we actually blew out our cupcake opponents.

No offense, but this is awful sentence structure. 

21 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

If Gus can unleash JF3, we may just have a chance against Bama. 

We have no chance with Johnson at qb

If Gus didn't unleash JFIII tonight (read as let him throw) he won't against Bama.  I see a game plan that will rival the Clemson game, it will be Gus unleashed.

24 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

SHUT

OUT

Was at the game and ^^this^^ happens!

Can't remember the last time.

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If Gus didn't unleash JFIII tonight (read as let him throw) he won't against Bama.  I see a came plan that will rival the Clemson game, it will be Gus unleashed.

Gus unleashed. :slapfh: or :drink9:

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

2008. But yes. 

I hate how empty the stadium looked on TV, but I understand why it was. 

Other than it being cold, I enjoyed it.

Was what I expected.

But unexpectedly felt bad for JJ. Always thought he was gonna turn out to be a great QB, kept hearing about how this is his last game... still seems like a loss of potential to me.

Archived