***Auburn 55 Alabama A&M 0 - Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

I know what they said last night but I would be very surprised if KP plays in the iron bowl. 

Exacty, even if he comes back how effective will he be? Especially if we run that dive play right at Alabama s run defense. Don't see him breaking one on a bum hammy either. 

Hopefully we are working on that pass game secretly in practice. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Exacty, even if he comes back how effective will he be? Especially if we run that dive play right at Alabama s run defense. Don't see him breaking one on a bum hammy either. 

Hopefully we are working on that pass game secretly in practice. 

If I was a betting man I'd say he will.  He may not be 100% but he will play.  Gus, Rhett, and most reasonable Auburn fans know that you have to run against Bama to stand a chance.  Nobody has been very successful this season against their d and I don't think Auburn will be any different with KJ and Kam Martin at RB.  Bubba is going to be needed.  He'll have a month to rest that hammy till the bowl game. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Why should Gus care about those fans? Really? He needs to care about what the people who write his paycheck have to say, by continuously putting a competitive team on the field. Guess what? You do that and fans will keep coming to the game and you will keep being employed. 

Umm, excuse me? I am a nurse by trade. I am currently an NP. Beforehand, I was a DON and Regional director of nursing of  multiple Long-term care facilities ,  who were unionized. Please do not talk to me about gripes. I got paid a good chunk of change in that role because I understood that I would be entering the second most regulated field, besides nuclear power. I understood I had to provide continuous quality of care, make sure that we were adequately staffed, keep stock holders happy and juggle family members. It didn't matter if I lived in a rural area, where RNs were hard to find or an urban area, where there were professional issues of conflict. I still had to perform and make sure my buildings performed at the level expected of me. Even when a building went from 3 stars to 5 stars in a couple of years people would gripe. Even if we had a quality survey , there were people who would still complain. It happens. You deal with it because you understand people, but more importantly, you understand responsibility.

So, yes all coaches get paid. Some more than others, but at the end of the day, they all get paid to field a competitive team, for the most part.  

I have no idea how we transitions from JF3 to the credit Gus deserves, but here we are.

Now I will tell you who I will give credit to. I will give credit to SW for always having to fight an uphill battle. I will give credit to JJ for sticking through all of the hills and valleys. I will give credit to our defense, who always maintained composure even when their backs are against the wall. Of course, I could say more. I will give CRL credit for doing the best he could, while seemingly being handcuffed I guess? I mean he deserves credit in his first true year of calling plays by himself. I will give KP credit for stepping up in our time of need when are two "stars" stepped away from our program.

You are exactly right.Gus and his staff are among the highest paid in the nation. Auburn has made him a millionaire. It owes him nothing more.Some poor misguided souls believe if you criticize the staff or express displeasure with their performance as coaches, you are anti-Auburn. To the contrary, I criticize Malzahn because I am pro-Auburn and expect more from this staff, especially Gus. He is an employee. I evaluate him on his performance.As someone who has played or coached for 40 yrs. I have a pretty good idea about how to play and coach a game.When Lashlee says after the game 'I guess we should have run it more.'...I am apoplectic. He is NOT PAID TO BE A MONDAY MORNING QB...HE IS PAID TO COACH DURING THE GAME...

17 hours ago, mikeholiday said:

If Gus can unleash JF3, we may just have a chance against Bama. 

We have no chance with Johnson at qb

I would say the opposite, although I think we have little chance with either Qb,  I think UAT'S defense would light up JF3 like a Xmas tree.

8 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I know what they said last night but I would be very surprised if KP plays in the iron bowl. 

I will be surprised if KP or SW play in IB.  Gus is just hoping UAT wastes some practice time preparing for them.

22 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

2008. But yes. 

I hate how empty the stadium looked on TV, but I understand why it was. 

It was very full (near capacity at kickoff). After attending last night and rewatching the recorded game today, I was disappointed but not surprised how the SEC network failed to mention this.

I mean, after coming off a tough loss to Ga, then playing a cupcake on a cold evening, most in attendance were pleasantly surprised to shocked at how full the stadium was. Of course no mention of this from the SEC network!

8 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

It was very full (near capacity at kickoff). After attending last night and rewatching the recorded game today, I was disappointed but not surprised how the SEC network failed to mention this.

I mean, after coming off a tough loss to Ga, then playing a cupcake on a cold evening, most in attendance were pleasantly surprised to shocked at how full the stadium was. Of course no mention of this from the SEC network!

I thought the announcers were very complimentary of Auburn all game. I can let that mistake go.

On 11/19/2016 at 10:36 PM, gr82b4au said:

Happy for the seniors. Happy for JJ. Glad there was a shutout. 

I still hate the first down run up the middle after we get a first down... the play that everyone in America knows is coming. 

I wish Lawson and Adams success in the nfl next year  

War eagle! 

That's called "Auburn Fast!" When the play clock hits 15 seconds, we're gonna snap it whether you're ready or not!

Archived