What a huge win

tigerbrotha12

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I thought that our coaching staff didn't do anything to stop the bleeding late in the game. There's usually some critical point where a coach calls a timeout, does (or at least tries to do) SOMETHING, anything! He knows his players and I don't but still...I didn't see them getting any help from the sideline.

This is not a bash Pearl statement, I'm glad Coach Pearl is here. As an old coach, I kept watching for something from the sidelines and it never came. Am I the only one that saw it this way?

Agree but TT was out of time-outs late in the game and I guess he did not want to help them.....but we took some awful shots when the game was on the line. 

I didn't see the game so I can't really speak to what coach did or didn't do. But I assume he is still trying to get the feel of this team. Can they figure this stuff out in there own or does he need to step in? I'll be interested to see what he does next time this occurs?  Does he step in or let them go? Could be telling

But this was a great win against a good team with a lot of experience. As you can see from that first half this AU team has the potential to be really good. They have a lot of growing to do but the talent is there

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

But this was a great win against a good team with a lot of experience. As you can see from that first half this AU team has the potential to be really good. They have a lot of growing to do but the talent is there

No doubt, and night and day from the Barbee teams. We will only get better. 

21 hours ago, FoundationEagle said:

Best news out of this win IMO: we played pretty much an entire half of just average or below average BBall and still found a way to beat a possible tournament team. Our youth nearly cost us this game but it didn't. Fastest way to turn youth into experienced veterans: win close games against quality opponents. If we can somehow find a way to be the team we were in the first half for just 3/4 of every game, I think we are NCAA bound. 

Second best news out of this win IMO: Our staring lineup consists of freshman and sophomores. Now granted we may lose one after this year, but having these guys back next year and maybe even the year after that, along with the new talent Bruce can bring in.... whooaaaaa...  Elite 8/ final 4 isnt out of the question within the next 2 years. When is the last time we as AU fans even remotely considered that possibility to not be a fantasy, let alone reality?  :bananadance:

:o

Wow!  I was just thinking get better this year and play in some post season tourny.

Elite 8/Final 4?

Maybe eventually

Admire your optimism

20 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

:o

Wow!  I was just thinking get better this year and play in some post season tourny.

Elite 8/Final 4?

Maybe eventually

Admire your optimism

Guess you missed where I said "within the next 2 years"...meaning by 2018-2019 season :beer2:

Archived