Purdue preview.

JwgreDeux

This will be short as I'm traveling for the Holidays. 

Bottom line, they are big and talented. This will be our first game where the opposing team had a higher talent level. That being said, their talent isn't deep, but concentrated in their starters. 

Our key to winning is defensive pressure. We have to turn it up early and often and keep going. Combine that with a good night shooting and excellent efforts in the glass and we have a chance. We need a lot of things to go right for us to win this game, or for Purdue to have subpar effort. 

So far this season we haven't put two good halves together. We will need to tonight. We may be forced to play some different lineups to deal with their size, it will be interesting what CBP does to attempt to disrupt their trees. 

Vegas line is Purdue -9.5, which I think is 4 points too low. Wondering what Vegas saw that I didn't in the metrics. 

Cbs sports at 7:30pm. Go get'em boys. 

I'm also interested in seeing our half court defensive strategy as their offensive strategy is likely going to be heavily centered on their bigs. Those guys can definitely play too and have already been tested this season, losing a pretty good game to nova. 

The good side to that is that both of their big guys and Big bodied guys, if we can create turnovers we should be able to get numbers most of the time in transition based on athleticism. 

The bad side to that is going to be the offense in both half courts. They will be able to defend the middle and attack the middle and on paper they should be able to control the rebound game. Hopefully the team has a better night in 3 pt and FT %s as we might be taking a lot of both. Getting their bigs in foul trouble early may be one of our ideas. In being an Orlando magic watcher, that was always their kryptonite when they had Dwight Howard 

Could you give me a channel number? I'm sorry, but I'm in the mountains and have directv at home. I've gone up and down the dial and can't find it! TIA