2017 3* WR Tamorrion Terry

ellitor

13 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

We just aren't finishing strong. Missing on lots of guys lately. 

Still. We have impact recruits at QB, LT, & LB or rush end. Not many teams can say that about their class.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

I don't see it that way.

WDE!

Fair enough. Every issue has multiple perspectives. I am more than willing to consider it from other points of view. I will say for your point of view is that at least we have filled the most important Ned's being LB and OT so I give the staff credit for that.

Just now, ellitor said:

Still. We have impact recruits at QB, LT, & LB or rush end. Not many teams can say that about their class.

It is true this class is viewed as a win because we got what we have been missing which is a QB with stidhams talent. If we closed like we normally do but stidham went elsewhere it would feel like a miss. He was the single most important recruit of Malzahns HC tenure so far.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Totally agree. It is just really frustrating to have so many big misses as of late. Leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

I don't see it that way yet. I don't think TT  had a committable offer.  The only one that really smarts is Solomon so far for me. Doesn't look good for Hunter but it's not over yet. Way too early for the white flag.

1 minute ago, autan said:

I don't see it that way yet. I don't think TT  had a committable offer.  The only one that really smarts is Solomon so far for me. Doesn't look good for Hunter but it's not over yet. Way too early for the white flag.

its the lack of any DT as a whole that hurts.

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

Totally agree. It is just really frustrating to have so many big misses as of late. Leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Understood. Still total class is more important than last minute impressions.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Problem there is this is arguably the worst crop of DT prospects in the recruiting site era. Much tougher to get quality ones when there ain't many out there to be had.

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The Safety position is getting really depleted after Tray leaves next year too.

Just to address there are really two DT's in this class as it stands. Alec Jackson is clearly going to be a 3 technique DT and play in the 290 to 300 range. Thats one. Everyone has also forgotten Tashawn Manning. He is enrolling and may or may not get cleared for spring contact but will be there for workouts and be cleared for full contact in fall. Thats a miracle and great story in itself but he is another DT. If we get Ryan Johnson and a speed rusher we will have had a good haul. If you have seen the allstar game season you have to know that TD is going to be a buck at AU. He is too good at it when we have other good prospect to play LB to not get him on the field rushing the passer. Also a good reason we should take both TJ, who can play LB/HB and TTaylor who is also multidimensional.

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

And given he's recruiting for a HC that for him throwing the ball to WRs is like pulling teeth sometimes. Kodi may not be a good recruiter but it's hard to tell since Gus doesn't give him much to work with.

Hey E... I thought our recruiters were primarily regional, not position based. Am I wrong?

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Hey E... I thought our recruiters were primarily regional, not position based. Am I wrong?

Both. You are going to have your WR coach visit a WR even if the WR coach isn't the WR recruit primary guy. Same with every position. Hand isn't Ashleys main guy but Hand visited Ashley yesterday alone. Without Fountain. 

7 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Both. You are going to have your WR coach visit a WR even if the WR coach isn't the WR recruit primary guy. Same with every position. Hand isn't Ashleys main guy but Hand visited Ashley yesterday alone. Without Fountain. 

I noticed Kodi isn't mentioned at all on 247.  Are they being lazy, or is he not lead on anyone?

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I noticed Kodi isn't mentioned at all on 247.  Are they being lazy, or is he not lead on anyone?

Lazy. He is the lead for any WR recruit we have pursued this year.

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

It is true this class is viewed as a win because we got what we have been missing which is a QB with stidhams talent. If we closed like we normally do but stidham went elsewhere it would feel like a miss. He was the single most important recruit of Malzahns HC tenure so far.

With Stidham on board this year feels good to me ,he was the single most important recruit this year.Without him though it would have the feeling of a total bust.Well maybe not total.

This class is about shoring up needs and building depth, IMO.  Have missed on a few wants? Sure, but we have also hit a bunch of needs in the process

This is a good class so far, reason why we are in top ten nationally. Also helps we have secured great needs at lb,ot and especiall qb. We do need another top quality safety but if AW qualifies and does not play rb he can be very good safety. That is the beauty of getting guys that can play more than one position. Depending on how you count it we have 20 commits plus the long snapper who is not supposed to count in this class. If we are taking 26, one to count back, then we have 6 more. Lets finish strong because there are 12 or more guys we would love to have to fill these 6 spots. How our coaches fill them will be interesting. Ryan Johnson is one if we get him and we really need him at this point. We would of course take J. Parks or M. "big cat" Bryant but may not get either. They are still looking at a couple or three OLs but will they take one. We need a Safety. That is Devon Hunter but i am afraid we are not his top choice but maybe coach brown can convince him. TJ or TT or both? So many choices. Thoughts?

14 minutes ago, auol72 said:

So many choices. Thoughts?

Remaining needs, IMO

1. Safety(2)

2. Speed end(1)

3. LB(1-2)

4. HB(1)

5. OT(1)

10 hours ago, thaitopher said:

Fair enough. Every issue has multiple perspectives. I am more than willing to consider it from other points of view. I will say for your point of view is that at least we have filled the most important Ned's being LB and OT so I give the staff credit for that.

I agree we could/should/would be in a better position, but with a couple of big weekends on the horizon I feel pretty good about where we are. 

WDE!

7 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

I agree we could/should/would be in a better position, but with a couple of big weekends on the horizon I feel pretty good about where we are. 

WDE!

Just curious, who do you think we should've landed to put us in a better place?

Please don't read that as argumentative.

I can think of Solomon maybe, but he was always a hard pull. Also, I would've loved to have Bishop as a Safety.

Archived