The overwhelming choice of evangelicals

TexasTiger

This guy:

"Is it wrong to be more sexually attracted to your own daughter than your wife?"

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tamerragriffin/trump-asked-if-its-wrong-to-be-attracted-to-his-daughter?utm_term=.dtzmmwvG3E#.ba5ppr9LVB

What does it mean to be an evangelical these days?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

409e54189c7f0e126e08b48a509298ac91f525ca

Serioulsy though, TT. You seem to be the new Raptor. As much as he used to pull articles to criticize and belittle Obama you are doing the same.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

409e54189c7f0e126e08b48a509298ac91f525ca

Serioulsy though, TT. You seem to be the new Raptor. As much as he used to pull articles to criticize and belittle Obama you are doing the same.

That's a rather idiotic comparison for many reasons. But this is hardly a criticism of Trump, but rather a question of what this demographic group that voted for Carter in 1976 stands for in 2016. Years ago, there's no way any candidate saying the things he said gets a smidgen of the evangelical vote. In 2016, he got more of it than previous Republicans. 

You're a little sensitive and protective of the Trumpster, aren't you?

Yes, because me pointing out your need to diminish our future president makes me protective and sensitive to him. :laugh: and to say its not a criticism of him is just as laughable.

You have filled the Raptor role well.

Btw, I didn't vote for Trump.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yes, because me pointing out your need to diminish our future president makes me protective and sensitive to him. :laugh: and to say its not a criticism of him is just as laughable.

You have filled the Raptor role well.

Btw, I didn't vote for Trump.

You're an idiot.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Awww, a little defensive aren't we?

More disappointed in your analytical abilties which demonstrated a more thoughtful response on my part would be a wasted effort.

Trump has diminished the office of the presidency all on his own. No need for anyone to try to diminism him. Just observe.

If anything, it's the attempts to "normalize" him that diminishes the presidency. 

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Trump has diminished the office of the presidency all on his own. No need for anyone to try to diminism him. Just observe.

If anything, it's the attempts to "normalize" him that diminishes the presidency. 

I would say the last few have to some extent or another.

More appropriately, I would say Trump has diminished the campaign process. He may very well change the office for worse, but right now, none of us know that to be fact. Like many, I'm in a wait and see position. Either way, he is going to be our president and to constantly cry about it won't change that...And TT is doing the exact same thing Raptor would be doing if H had won.

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

More appropriately, I would say Trump has diminished the campaign process. He may very well change the office for worse, but right now, none of us know that to be fact. Like many, I'm in a wait and see position. Either way, he is going to be our president and to constantly cry about it won't change that...And TT is doing the exact same thing Raptor would be doing if H had won.

Frankly, if you can't distinguish between me and Raptor, I've lost all respect for your judgement. You put me in your Raptor file, I'll put you in my mindless idiot file and proceed accordingly.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You're first sentence is an attempt to normalize him.  He's not comparable to any recent presidents.

Trump was a narcissistic psychopath before the election. I fail to see how his winning changes that. 

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

You're first sentence is an attempt to normalize him.  He's not comparable to any recent presidents.

Trump was a narcissistic psychopath before the election. I fail to see how his winning changes that. 

I Absolutely 100% agree. However, Clinton, W, and O all brought something "new" to the office. Good things as well as not so good.

I'm not sure if winning changes anything. That said, no one knows if he will be a successful or unsuccessful president.

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Frankly, if you can't distinguish between me and Raptor, I've lost all respect for your judgement.

I used to, then your candidate lost and you have changed your tone and substance. Since the election results came in, you have been very raptoresque.

Just now, bigbird said:

I used to, then your candidate lost and you have changed your tone and substance. Since the election results came in, you have been very raptoresque.

My tone and substance aren't that different. You obviously look for simplistic comparisons whether they really fit or not.

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

My tone and substance aren't that different. You obviously look for simplistic comparisons whether they really fit or not.

Earlier today I wrote a fairly lengthy, more thoughtful post than Raptor hardly ever posts.

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Earlier today I wrote a fairly lengthy, more thoughtful post than Raptor hardly ever posts.

And then later posted a hit piece on trump to cast shade on trump in the same manner that Raptor did/does.

If the comparison bothers you as much as it seems to have, the solution is fairly simple. 

And then later posted a hit piece on trump to cast shade on trump in the same manner that Raptor did/does.

If the comparison bothers you as much as it seems to have, the solution is fairly simple. 

When someone makes an idiotic comparison the solution is to conclude that person is an idiot and treat them accordingly.

If you're going to jump on a thread just to make a drive by personal attack, at least back it up.

9 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

When someone makes an idiotic comparison the solution is to conclude that person is an idiot and treat them accordingly.

If you're going to jump on a thread just to make a drive by personal attack, at least back it up.

Its not a personal attack. I have called out your new posting style and how similar it is to Raptor's. Never once have I called you and idiot like you have done to me twice, which happens to look very much like what Raptor does towards Homer. You seem unable to grasp the fact that you and Raptor have similarities. That might not sit well with you, but you are proving it for me in the way you continue to respond. Thanks.

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Oh BS.

Raptor is mindless, vicious little weasel.

When TT starts posting obvious lies, call us back.

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Its not a personal attack. I have called out your new posting style and how similar it is to Raptor's. Never once have I called you and idiot like you have done to me twice, which happens to look very much like what Raptor does towards Homer. You seem unable to grasp the fact that you and Raptor have similarities. That might not sit well with you, but you are proving it for me in the way you continue to respond. Thanks.

It's clearly an unprovoked personal attack and you've also managed to derail a thread that even explicitly stated its purpose -- what do evangelicals stand for these days? It's impossible to pose that question without illustrating the discrepancy of supporting a man who has said some pretty outrageous things. You can't have that discussion without referring to the behavior of the candidate they supported. It's a valid discussion to have. If you don't want to participate in it then don't, but you derailed the thread before it could ever get started and, although the irony is totally lost on you, you derail a valid thread by making the exact same "butt hurt" reference Raptor does. 

Your attack, while irritating, was too absurd to waste my time trying to prove you wrong. You persisted, and I gave you the three word response you warranted.

That's it, can't refute me so call me names. Not like Raptor at all. :laugh:

Ignore my factually detailed reply and add an emoticon to boot-- exactly like Raptor!

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Ignore my factually detailed reply and add an emoticon to boot-- exactly like Raptor!

You still think I'm attacking you. That's not what I did at all and find it odd you think that.  You still can't refute the fact that you, post election, act like Raptor did pre-election with regards to posting hyperpartisian hit pieces.

50 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not speaking for TT but this has more to do with the candidate who won than the one who lost.

Archived