The overwhelming choice of evangelicals

TexasTiger

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'm not sure it was an election where one could claim any vote was based in morality. Anyway we look at it, either Clinton or Trump were going to win. In the end, there was absolutely no other choice. So people were given the choice of two terrible people. Neither ideally represented evangelicals.  Many evangelicals I know voted for Trump not because of his platform or ideas but rather for the chance that he would nominated justices that were more inline with their beliefs. That is how they justified their vote for Trump.

Same reason I hear over and over. It is a valid point.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/27/2016 at 5:30 PM, TexasTiger said:

There's ranting irrationally and there are valid critiques and questions of any political figure. Since Trump breaks the mold, he'll have more unprecedented moments open to questioning. His almost daily Tweets assure that. His supporters will complain and call most critiques unfair. This allows them to dismiss criticism. Folks will disagree on where the line is.

Trump is re-setting the standard for acceptable presidential behavior just as he re-set the standard for acceptable behavior for a candidate.

How you feel you should react to that is something to consider.  

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Same reason I hear over and over. It is a valid point.

Hmmm... so they've sacrificed their values on the alter of the supreme court....

Doesn't the bible say something about that sort of thing?

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Hmmm... so they've sacrificed their values on the alter of the supreme court....

Versus sacrificing their values at the alter of Hilary? 

BTW, I love this late night version of homes. :comfort:

24 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Versus sacrificing their values at the alter of Hilary? 

BTW, I love this late night version of homes. :comfort:

HILLARY LOST!   LET IT GO!

And even Hillary wouldn't make fun of a handicapped person.

On 11/28/2016 at 10:13 PM, homersapien said:

HILLARY LOST!   LET IT GO!

And even Hillary wouldn't make fun of a handicapped person.

Cheers bro. It's going to be alright. 

42 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I don't think so.

• 3 years later...
On 11/25/2016 at 7:52 PM, TexasTiger said:

That's a rather idiotic comparison for many reasons. But this is hardly a criticism of Trump, but rather a question of what this demographic group that voted for Carter in 1976 stands for in 2016. Years ago, there's no way any candidate saying the things he said gets a smidgen of the evangelical vote. In 2016, he got more of it than previous Republicans. 

You're a little sensitive and protective of the Trumpster, aren't you?

Interesting that @bigbird example of me “losing it” over Trump was merely linking to an article about comments he’d made about his daughter’s attractiveness. The dude has made some strange comments about his daughter over the years. Even then, @bigbird couldn’t wait to jump in and defend Trump by attacking me for linking to the story. Truly one of the most bizarre responses I’ve been given on this forum, and that’s saying something. Here’s another example you asked for, Bird. Thanks for reminding me how long you’ve been a loyal defender of even Trump’s weirdest behavior. Your connection to him obviously goes beyond policy agreement. 

Archived