Synchronizing Radio audio with TV video

AUB1974

• 1 month later...

I haven't browsed this forum in a while, but saw this and thought I'd reply. I do this just about every game I watch at my house, so I hope you will find it useful.  I hope you see this in time for the Sugar Bowl. 

First, stream the audio from the AU Athletics app, which I think will ultimately take you to the TuneIn app.  This is the only way for you to be able to pause the radio and the only way the radio won't be ahead of the TV from my experience.  I stream from my iPad to a bluetooth speaker sitting right in front of my TV so that any notifications on my cell phone won't dim the audio.

Second, you need a DVR from your TV provider.  The TV broadcast should be 10-20 seconds ahead of the streamed audio.  I have the TV rolling all the way up until the kicking team lines up.  I will pause the TV there and try to sync it based on the crowd's, "WAR-R-R-R EAGLE, HEY!" on the kickoff which I hear from the radio broadcast.  I've been able to get it so close the ref's lips on the TV match the audio on the radio.  Sometimes commercials will get you just a little bit off, so you can pause whichever is ahead.  Happy listening and WDE

Archived