When does Malzahn meet with Jacobs

ToomersStreet

Does anyone have any idea when that happens? I figure this week.  More importantly does anyone have any idea what the money people like Bobby Lowder, Jimmy Rane, or the Hoar Construction brothers have had to say?  Do they have a sit down with Jacobs and say "Hey we are not paying for this anymore!"

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not paying for what? Do you really think Malzahn gets fired if AU goes to the Sugar Bowl? I don't think so...Besides that who are you going to hire? I bet LSU wasn't expecting to fire Les Miles and end up with Ed Orgeron. 

We are going to finish as the #2 team in the conference this year. I want us to do better (much better) as well, but let's be realistic, IMO the team at least performed in line with expectations (if not exceeded them) given how terrible 2015 was for the program and we had our 2 major rivals on the road. LSU was an unexpected plus and we should have beaten Georgia. Did you really expect us to win 9-10 games this year with a much tougher road schedule following a 6-6 regular season campaign in 2015? Give me a break. 

1 hour ago, ToomersStreet said:

Does anyone have any idea when that happens? I figure this week.  More importantly does anyone have any idea what the money people like Bobby Lowder, Jimmy Rane, or the Hoar Construction brothers have had to say?  Do they have a sit down with Jacobs and say "Hey we are not paying for this anymore!"

Why would they say that after this year?  These same fat cats approved a contract extension and raise after last season when AU finished 6-6, dead ass last in the division and landed in Legion Field for the B'ham Bowl.  They all agreed to pay him $4.6mm this year.

I have no idea the reasoning or thinking behind any of this which is why I asked. For all I know the super boosters are fine with the season we had but I would like some opinions or rumors.  Although Keesler your point is painfully true.

Coaches don't get fired for finishing 2nd in the SEC and going to either the Sugar or Citrus bowls. They usually get raises or get hired away by some other school.

Things will not get any better as long as JJ remains AU's AD. But then again, some of y'all seem to be happy with Gus winning 8 or 9 games a year.

39 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Coaches don't get fired for finishing 2nd in the SEC and going to either the Sugar or Citrus bowls. They usually get raises or get hired away by some other school.

I'm on board with the bold.;D

13 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Y'all are forgetting that Malzahn is not 2-2 against LSU, 1-3 against LSU & 1-3 against uat. Oh yeah, Gus has lost 3 in a row to uat.

I thought AU blew LSU out in 2014. 49-7 or something. This year AU did win. 2-2...

Lets say somebody, say Baylor, hires Gus away. What do we do? LSU has already nailed down the highly desirable Orgeron with his 10-25 record at Ole Miss.  Charlie Strong is available, as is Al Golden. If we don't want somebody that's been fired because they didn't win enough then we have to settle for another up and comer, a thing so many here have said we cannot do. The Briles boys from Baylor are out, for obvious reasons. We could steal Freeze from Ole Miss and get blown out by Vandy and Moo-State. Whether some here want to admit it or not, Gus is far, far better than most. Who do have in mind that's both available and has a better record at a P-5 school?

42 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Hi Mikey! Have not heard much from you lately. We all are somewhat upset with the UGA & UAT games and tend to focus on this and not the level of success we achieved prior to the last 2 SEC games. A healthy SW & Bubba at 100% would have likely made these games very close and most likely would have given a win over UGA. I do not think we need to fire Gus in that he did do a good job over the mid stretch of our schedule. A win against any SEC team no matter how bad or good they were, is an achievement that we did not come close to last season.

A 9-4 season is a good record in my book. A solid bowl victory will make things much better no doubt. If you would have told me that we would wind up with a 9-4 season with going 5-3 against SEC opponents this season, I would be a very happy fan.

This is a reply to what Barrett Sallee wrote that Auburn Doesn't Need to Reshuffle it's Staff.

It's just bad luck and injuries. Yeah, right. ... Player development, recruiting and depth, good play calling, and preparation are just incidental issues. ... That guy is an idiot.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Lets say somebody, say Baylor, hires Gus away. What do we do? LSU has already nailed down the highly desirable Orgeron with his 10-25 record at Ole Miss.  Charlie Strong is available, as is Al Golden. If we don't want somebody that's been fired because they didn't win enough then we have to settle for another up and comer, a thing so many here have said we cannot do. The Briles boys from Baylor are out, for obvious reasons. We could steal Freeze from Ole Miss and get blown out by Vandy and Moo-State. Whether some here want to admit it or not, Gus is far, far better than most. Who do have in mind that's both available and has a better record at a P-5 school?

I love how people are railing on Gus for not having a back-up plan for Sean and losing when he's out, yet no one is dumping on the many other coaches who had the exact same thing happen... and the majority of them only lost their QB, not their entire backfield.

I think a new OC would be great, but calling for yet another new head coach, when Gus appears to be heading in the right direction and does a lot of things better than most (recruiting, team moral, representing the university) is ridiculous, in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, tigerfangs said:

I thought AU blew LSU out in 2014. 49-7 or something. This year AU did win. 2-2...

We beat LSU 41-7 in 2014. When you can win the home games against LSU is a good thing no doubt. I am looking forward to playing LSU now that they have Coach "O". !He is a drop off from Les Miles and this will show soon enough!

7 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

We beat LSU 41-7 in 2014. When you can win the home games against LSU is a good thing no doubt. I am looking forward to playing LSU now that they have Coach "O". !He is a drop off from Les Miles and this will show soon enough!

Don't get too excited about a drop off from Coach O.  He is a fixture in Louisiana, which means he won't have a drop off in recruiting, and he's smart enough to bring in a top notch staff to cover his shortcomings.  He's already got one of the best DCs in the league... if he lands a rock star OC, we are going to have no better time against them they we had with The Hat running the show.

7 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Then we hire Kendal Briles.

As the new OC for Gus. Heck, even Rhett did a decent job most of the season calling plays. There are not that many super grade coaches out there to hire. The only ones that come to mind are PJ Flack from Western Michigan, Jeff Bhromm from Western KY, Dave Aranda LSU DC, Chris Peterson Washington, Mark Richt Miami. There are other good coaches that have no plans to leave their current position. At the end of all of this, Gus should stay and maybe hire a new OC like Kendall Briles.  

18 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I love how people are railing on Gus for not having a back-up plan for Sean and losing when he's out, yet no one is dumping on the many other coaches who had the exact same thing happen... and the majority of them only lost their QB, not their entire backfield.

I think a new OC would be great, but calling for yet another new head coach, when Gus appears to be heading in the right direction and does a lot of things better than most (recruiting, team moral, representing the university) is ridiculous, in my opinion.

Lion, you don't think it's fair to criticize Malzahn for the complete lack of quality depth at quarterback? 

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Don't get too excited about a drop off from Coach O.  He is a fixture in Louisiana, which means he won't have a drop off in recruiting, and he's smart enough to bring in a top notch staff to cover his shortcomings.  He's already got one of the best DCs in the league... if he lands a rock star OC, we are going to have no better time against them they we had with The Hat running the show.

Aranda will go to Texas to hook up with his team mate and long time friend Tom Herman. LSU will not get Kiffin, but will hire a pro-style OC. I have some great sources who are long time friends that live in South Louisiana. They told me weeks ago that Coach 'O" would be the new HC. Kiffin is only a wish for them. Heck, maybe they hire Rhett! Al Borges could get the call.

23 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

This is a reply to what Barrett Sallee wrote that Auburn Doesn't Need to Reshuffle it's Staff.

It's just bad luck and injuries. Yeah, right. ... Player development, recruiting and depth, good play calling, and preparation are just incidental issues. ... That guy is an idiot.

I think you have no idea of what you are saying my friend. I do love your posts for the most and find them very entertaining and once in a  blue moon have legit information.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Lion, you don't think it's fair to criticize Malzahn for the complete lack of quality depth at quarterback? 

I think it's fair to criticize him for throwing all of his eggs, last year, into the John Franklin basket, but other than that... no.  No one could have know that Queen would be an injury waiting to happen.  Also, no one saw the Jeremy debacle. Everyone who saw him in practice, even those with NO Auburn affiliation at all, saw a superstar. The fact that he was so poised in 2014 made it even less obvious.

Now people are looking for reasons to write Woody off, even though no one has seen him take a snap in over a year.  Honestly, I feel like the towns people have their torches and pitchforks and they are going to try to find a reason to take Gus down, reasonable or not.

5 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Aranda will go to Texas to hook up with his team mate and long time friend Tom Herman. LSU will not get Kiffin, but will hire a pro-style OC. I have some great sources who are long time friends that live in South Louisiana. They told me weeks ago that Coach 'O" would be the new HC. Kiffin is only a wish for them. Heck, maybe they hire Rhett! Al Borges could get the call.

Hate to break it to you, doc, but Aranda has already signed on with Coach O. 

4 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

SIAP but every thing is on wait mode right now. The PTB don't want JJ having any say in who the next HC is. So the order as of now is get a President. The president deal with JJ. Then deal with Gus if it's felt to be needed.

Archived