When does Malzahn meet with Jacobs

ToomersStreet

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, Chip Kelly has made it pretty clear that he's not interested in coming back to college. Oregon would pay literally anything to get him back and he has told them no. Thats a pipe dream. 

I know I might be bashed for this but I wouldn't be that wild about Kelly coming. He did take Oregon to the BCS national championship for the 2010 season. What happened to that team, OH yeah, they got beat by AUBURN.

21 hours ago, ChrisH said:

And we neutralized his offense with an average defense. 

Your point? they neutralized arguably the best offense we have ever had with mainly 2*s, 3*s, low 4*s, and a couple 5*s. matter of fact I don't think there was a single 5* player on Oregons defense.

12 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Did you not watch when he threw the deep ball?  He had 2 deep passes all year and both were dead on target.  And no, being a rock star at the deep ball doesn't make you a starter, because you can't throw deep all day long... the other team would blitz you into oblivion.

As for Kelly... I'm not ready to buy in on him.  Yes, he did amazing things in the Pac-10, but they play a very different kind of football up there than they do in the SEC. As you saw when they played us in the National Championship, small and fast doesn't cut it down here.

2 passes does not a perfect passer make. 

And as far as dominating the PAC, like I said, he did it with one tenth the talent he could pull at AU. Just the name Auburn will pull more talent than he could get to Oregon. Do not make the mistake of thinking he would only use those small players if he were to coach somewhere that can pull talent on its own. it's extremely difficult to get talent to Eugene...and he did more with less. something we haven't seen in a minute.

7 hours ago, Auctoritas said:

FWIW, Chip Kelly has made it pretty clear that he's not interested in coming back to college. Oregon would pay literally anything to get him back and he has told them no. Thats a pipe dream. 

Pretty sure Saban made it perfectly clear that he wasn't interested in coming back to college. bama went there and didn't take no for an answer. 

Not to mention, I have zero doubts he has no interest in coming back here to eugene. he did all he could here. he can't win here. he knows this. he COULD win at Auburn.

He WILL be back in college. don't know if it's this year or next, maybe 3 years from now at most, but mark my words, he will be back in college and we will not want to have to contend with him. 

38 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I know I might be bashed for this but I wouldn't be that wild about Kelly coming. He did take Oregon to the BCS national championship for the 2010 season. What happened to that team, OH yeah, they got beat by AUBURN.

No, seems I'm the only one who thinks it's a good idea. but as I've said in this very post, he did more with less. yeah we beat them in 2010...with one of if not the best offensive years we have ever had, and we beat a team of 2 and 3 stars with a field goal at the end. 

I've seen with my own eyes how the man can COMPLETELY transform a program and therefore a town but what do I know?

8 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Your point? they neutralized arguably the best offense we have ever had with mainly 2*s, 3*s, low 4*s, and a couple 5*s. matter of fact I don't think there was a single 5* player on Oregons defense.

And as far as dominating the PAC, like I said, he did it with one tenth the talent he could pull at AU. Just the name Auburn will pull more talent than he could get to Oregon. Do not make the mistake of thinking he would only use those small players if he were to coach somewhere that can pull talent on its own. it's extremely difficult to get talent to Eugene...and he did more with less. something we haven't seen in a minute.

Pretty sure Saban made it perfectly clear that he wasn't interested in coming back to college. bama went there and didn't take no for an answer. 

Not to mention, I have zero doubts he has no interest in coming back here to eugene. he did all he could here. he can't win here. he knows this. he COULD win at Auburn.

He WILL be back in college. don't know if it's this year or next, maybe 3 years from now at most, but mark my words, he will be back in college and we will not want to have to contend with him. 

No, seems I'm the only one who thinks it's a good idea. but as I've said in this very post, he did more with less. yeah we beat them in 2010...with one of if not the best offensive years we have ever had, and we beat a team of 2 and 3 stars with a field goal at the end. 

I've seen with my own eyes how the man can COMPLETELY transform a program and therefore a town but what do I know?

Agree on CK's talent utilization...sorry to duplicate your comments when posting on the Helfrich commentary...had not seen this.  And agree on him coming back to college in the next few years.

10 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:
23 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Did you not watch when he threw the deep ball?  He had 2 deep passes all year and both were dead on target.  And no, being a rock star at the deep ball doesn't make you a starter, because you can't throw deep all day long... the other team would blitz you into oblivion.

Never claimed he was a perfect passer... I said he threw a perfect deep ball.  I believe I went on to say that I have trouble understanding why someone can throw the hardest pass in the book with accuracy and, so far, consistency, and not hit the easier passes (if not, I mused about that in another thread).

15 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Pretty sure it was either GM's or GC's  conservative game plan and Cam getting hurt at one point that neutralize our offense.  Pretty much the same thing that always neutralizes a GM run offense.

I'll pass on any coach that would keep Colin Kapernick on his team; much less start him.

Archived