I hate insurance companies.

alexava

Until the man who is going to cut my granite counter tops shows up i am done. I am fishing tomorrow. Although i might stop at Lowes on the way back and get a recess light for over the shower.

bathroom remodel 2 001.JPG

bathroom remodel 2 002.JPG

bathroom remodel 2 003.JPG

bathroom remodel 2 004.JPG

bathroom remodel 2 005.JPG

bathroom remodel 2 006.JPG

bathroom remodel 2 007.JPG

bathroom remodel 2 008.JPG

bathroom remodel 2 009.JPG

bathroom remodel 2 010.JPG

bathroom remodel 2 011.JPG

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Your wife must be a saint lol

I am the saint. She did pick the shower design off pintrest. I told her if she wanted to do that again she was going to learn to use a wet saw. All those bricks are cut from 6 different styles of tile.. Alex, my 11year old cut some of them for me. Aside from the first two saturdays when her stepdad came and helped i have done all this solo. Having one more person would have speeded the processes up probably 4 fold. After the granite man shows and i get the counter, sinks plumbed in i will make the back splash out of the bricks too. Just cutting those up will take a couple hours.

9 minutes ago, alexava said:

I am the saint. She did pick the shower design off pintrest. I told her if she wanted to do that again she was going to learn to use a wet saw. All those bricks are cut from 6 different styles of tile.. Alex, my 11year old cut some of them for me. Aside from the first two saturdays when her stepdad came and helped i have done all this solo. Having one more person would have speeded the processes up probably 4 fold. After the granite man shows and i get the counter, sinks plumbed in i will make the back splash out of the bricks too. Just cutting those up will take a couple hours.

Trust me your no saint.............................................:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So this completes the bathroom. I waited a month for the granite a**hole.The only part of this job i hired out. i cut my old countertop in half and had a functioning sink so i was not in a crazy hurry. but it got to where he wouldn't answer calls or emails. i called a guy i grew up with, actually my brother's friend. he said yea ill do it monday. then he won't answer or call backfor two weeks. so i called a golf buddy who used to do granite install but moved to Chattanooga to see if he could recommend someone or tell me exactly what type circular saw blade to buy. at this point i was going to do it myself. He was coming in to town the next day and still had all his equipment. He did a fine job too.

I don't know if any of you have a Surplus Wharehouse in your area but you can score some good deals. this is where i got the countertops with sinks installed. the vanity is 72" they didn't have one that long so i bought 2 48" units just needed cut and seemed in the middle. not an ideal place for a seem but at the price i got it works.

The insurance company is supposed to be sending a third adjuster to see us. the second one refused it without showing up. We will be saying goodbye to them very soon either way.

After 17 years in this house i am sad but i just agreed to purchase a new house or new to us. We close next week. I will keep this one. Only owe 8 years and the rental market is very good here. So good i have a real hard time comprehending how people will pay rent almost double a mortgage payment. I have seen it in my subdivision after telling my neighbors they were delusional for thinking they could rent out for that price. The new house is very big. 3080sqft. compared to 1600 here. Because of neighborhood and lot it is not a dream home but an investment. we have been kinda halfway looking for 4 or 5 years and making the occaisonal lowball offer waiting to find someone really needing to sell. because we don't really need to buy. we got this at a very good price and now i will begin updating. It was built in 05 but as a spec house. I will replace almost all the flooring.( i vehemently hate carpet) Build a privacy fence, and a patio/sunroom and yes remodel the bathrooms:cry3:3 of them. Then in 2,3 maybe 4 years flip it and start all over. I want to have my "die in" home like i want it and paid off in 8-10 years. 

Archived