Auburn O-Line #2 in country

abw0004

According to Pro Football Focus, LSU (No. 1), Auburn (No. 2) and Alabama (No. 3) have the best offensive lines in college football.

Not bad, and I don't see this changing in 2017 with our depth and 2017 recruitment class.  Well, we could gun for #1.

As much as I like our ranking, it is hard to believe that bama isn't first....we didn't look like the 2nd best last Saturday...

13 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

As much as I like our ranking, it is hard to believe that bama isn't first....we didn't look like the 2nd best last Saturday...

The pros have spoken-- let's take it.

HERB HAND YALL!!! WOOOOO!!!! We got him because of the big upgrade in his recruiting over JB.

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

How did we look against teams that are good at stopping the run? That's how you know if you're good or not

We won't know because or run calls were so haphazard...

48 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This. 

Pass protection was adequate when we had a healthy QB, running game, and play calling that could make defenses pay. No one was complaining middle of the year.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

How did we look against teams that are good at stopping the run? That's how you know if you're good or not

Yes, it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that we had just about a zero passing game when SW got hurt, so our opponents could stack the line of scrimmage to stop the run.

This, plus it can't be the "NFL Focus" knows what they're talking about when they determine O-line skills and talent. It has to be the "NFL focus" is simply discriminating against other teams that clearly have a better O-line than Auburn.

Darn these guys anyway, that say our O-line is # 2 in the country! Who are they to determine this? 

And that after a terrible start to the season with giving up a gazillion (slightly exaggerated for emphasis) tackles for loss. lol

I have no idea how Pro Football Focus gets to their conclusions but time and time again it seems like, if you actually watch the games, their rankings or grades of guys/teams/units are way off base. Even when they do their NFL grading. For example, we had 3 games where the OL was awful (Clemson, TAMU, and Bama). So for 25% of the season our OL play was without a doubt BAD and we end up with the #2 ranked OL?

Puff, puff, pass, Pro Football Focus!

26 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I have no idea how Pro Football Focus gets to their conclusions but time and time again it seems like, if you actually watch the games, their rankings or grades of guys/teams/units are way off base. Even when they do their NFL grading. For example, we had 3 games where the OL was awful (Clemson, TAMU, and Bama). So for 25% of the season our OL play was without a doubt BAD and we end up with the #2 ranked OL?

Like I said in another thread... it's just a bunch of guys in someone's mom's basement drinking... a lot.

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

I call bulls%÷€. Same folks that ranked JJ's play in the Bama game above JF3's. I would not be surprised if these idiots ranked the Cox Cat the third best play call of the season .

Same site graded JF3 higher than SW against Vanderbilt. Don't believe everything you read on  the internet.

ok if no one else will say it I will. Bamas O line was nowhere near as dominant this year as in years past. If they had to be a run oriented team like O just about every one of Sabans teams they would of not been able to run it down peoples throats at will as good as they usually do. BUT OF COURSE they get a true DT who bailed them out of a lot of situations when they would drop back to pass and the pass rush would beat the OL. 

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

ok if no one else will say it I will. Bamas O line was nowhere near as dominant this year as in years past. If they had to be a run oriented team like O just about every one of Sabans teams they would of not been able to run it down peoples throats at will as good as they usually do. BUT OF COURSE they get a true DT who bailed them out of a lot of situations when they would drop back to pass and the pass rush would beat the OL. 

What!!!! You're crazy G. There is no way that a DT QB can make a difference in a team and an O. It has been discussed on here for over a year and this board has spoken. 

Archived