Tuberville Stepping Down at Cincinnati

jared52

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just in time for a new AU president to name him AD. 

-A4E

I wouldn't complain.

first time i saw tubbs was when he was cd at tejas a and m. he had some swagger. then i remember him agreeing to coming to auburn and doing some kind of crazy interview on the tele right before ol miss played arkie. he sai" nothing smells worse than a wet hog"! they then ran out and got their behinds handed to them by arkie  lol. but i loved him at auburn. and people never understood the reason he left ol miss was because the ptb's decided not to improve the facilities like they promised. i always hoped that was true. but man he got under the turds skins like no other coach i ever knew of at auburn. i would still take whooping bama regularly and a chance at a natty every few years. i certainly wish him the best.  but someone tell me how anyone really thinks he might get to even be considered as auburns ad? i mean they really disliked him right? jetgate and all? why would they do that stuff and then want him back? i just do not see it.

Will someone please explain why they think Tub would make a good AD?  Seriously.  Why would we need another guy who has training wheels on...why yet another guy who is trying to learn how to do a job with on-the-job training and is another grossly overpaid guy in the athletic department?

Man, I get so tired of the parochial thinking that so many AU fans, AND AU PTB exhibit!

1 minute ago, Mike4AU said:

Will someone please explain why they think Tub would make a good AD?  Seriously.  Why would we need another guy who has training wheels on...why yet another guy who is trying to learn how to do a job with on-the-job training and is another grossly overpaid guy in the athletic department?

Man, I get so tired of the parochial thinking that so many AU fans, AND AU PTB exhibit!

Exactly. Anyone that thinks he would be is dillusional. Absolutely no experience running a multi-million dollar muliheaded enterprise. But hey, he beat Bama...amirite.:ucrazy:

I would love to see Auburn bring someone in who is dynamic and sees the big picture. Now, the 64 thousand dollars question is who is this person and more importantly will he or she take the job.:dunno:

I wish Tubs nothing but the best.  He gave me a 4-0 record against the Turds during my years in school on the Plains and some of my favorite games I still love to talk about.  Love him or hate him, the guy gave us a good decade of football.  An AD? I don't know. 

19 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

When we get a new pres in 2017, maybe he could replace Jacobs with Tuberville to be our new AD.

Exactly A4E. 

14 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I would love to see Auburn bring someone in who is dynamic and sees the big picture. Now, the 64 thousand dollars question is who is this person and more importantly will he or she take the job.:dunno:

Indeed......as for getting that person to take the job, I expect the AD job at AU is much more appealing than the job as football HC....and doubt we would have to settle for our 2nd or 3rd choice. JMO 

30 minutes ago, alexava said:

What type of business experience has tubs had to lead one to believe he could manage an entire athletic department? 

Jay Jacobs has set the bar pretty low. Pretty sure an online degree would suffice.

Tubs was the coach that really got me into Auburn football. I feel the same way about him that a lot of our older fans feel about Pat Dye. That said, I don't think he would be a good choice for AD.

I think those who think so are clouded by nostalgia for his tenure (specifically six in a row). I love the guy, but give me Scott Etheridge for AD!

15 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Jay Jacobs has set the bar pretty low. Pretty sure an online degree would suffice.

What type of business experience has tubs had to lead one to believe he could manage an entire athletic department? 

So none? Running an athletic department from stem to stern goes to a former football coach that got run out of town because he didn't properly hire and manage key positions on his own staff? 

8 minutes ago, alexava said:

So none? Running an athletic department from stem to stern goes to a former football coach that got run out of town because he didn't properly hire and manage key positions on his own staff? 

Tuberville wasn't run out of town because he couldn't manage his staff. Nobody is serious about Tuberville for AD. Quit being a wet blanket. And quit trying to mess with my nostalgia for Tuberville as HC. He did a lot for Auburn and I'm 27 so I grew up watching Tuberville. 

On 12/4/2016 at 10:33 AM, bigbird said:

Just in time for a new AU president to name him AD. 

-A4E

22 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

When we get a new pres in 2017, maybe he could replace Jacobs with Tuberville to be our new AD.

I said it first! Look...LOOK...I told you he would say it! All of you witnessed my greatness! Everyone acknowledge me!

-Viper

Tuberville wouldn't get serious consideration as AD, so there's no need for some to get so uptight about it. Besides, I have my Scott Etheridge for AD signs ready whenever we do seriously look for another AD. :Sing:

Archived