Auburn to Sugar vs. Oklahoma

WarTiger

As a current OK resident, this game is huge for me.  I need this one to go our way, or I'll be hearing about it up until the day I move.  Okies aren't as bad as bammers, but I don't want to give them any ammunition. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AuburnSoldier said:

As a current OK resident, this game is huge for me.  I need this one to go our way, or I'll be hearing about it up until the day I move.  Okies aren't as bad as bammers, but I don't want to give them any ammunition. 

I can relate

21 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

Our offense will be the healthiest we've been in 3 months, and Oklahoma's defense is turrible. Elementary my dear WFE12

Georgia's defense was "turrible" also. The question is, will our offense also be "turrible"? 

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

And there you have it in a nutshell. When the team wins fans say it's because of great players and when the team loses fans say it's because of bad coaching. That is a truism from tee ball through the professional sports. If you can't handle that line of thinking, don't ever get into coaching at any level. Professional coaches know this and it rolls off their backs like water off a duck

The great coaches say that all the time (i.e. they give credit to the players when they win, and take the blame when the team loses or performs poorly). The poor coaches blame execution, injury, youth, bad luck, etc.

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

The great coaches say that all the time (i.e. they give credit to the players when they win, and take the blame when the team loses or performs poorly). The poor coaches blame execution, injury, youth, bad luck, etc.

Saban doesn't. He calls out his players all the time. One halftime when Hurts was struggling said something like, "we just need to improve at all positions, even at quarterback," and then glare into the camera and walk away.

I think we'll perform well against OU. With a healthy team and hopefully Lashlee calling the plays instead of Gus, we could very well come away with a "W". Teams with Gus coaching, dating back to the Chizik days have typically performed well during bowl games.

I'm excited for the matchup as I haven't watched much if any of Auburn this year.

Most intrigued to see our Offense stacks up against your D. 

Baker is at his best when he isn't forcing something to happen and has a knack for creating plays out of thin air, so that will interesting to see what happens there.

Come over to Landthieves.com sometime and jump in on the discussion.

Most members will give you a "Welcome to Landthieves, F*** off." greeting..don't take it personal. It's usually how we greet all the opposing teams fans. 

Looking forward to the game, thanks for having me. 

10 minutes ago, OUgravelveins said:

I'm excited for the matchup as I haven't watched much if any of Auburn this year.

Baker is at his best when he isn't forcing something to happen and has a knack for creating plays out of thin air, so that will interesting to see what happens there.

Most members will give you a "Welcome to Landthieves, F*** off." greeting..don't take it personal. It's usually how we greet all the opposing teams fans. 

Welcome to AU Family!

4 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

I think we'll perform well against OU. With a healthy team and hopefully Lashlee calling the plays instead of Gus, we could very well come away with a "W". Teams with Gus coaching, dating back to the Chizik days have typically performed well during bowl games.

Hasn't Gus called all of the bowl games dating back to Chizik? 

9 hours ago, Tiger said:

Stoops hates AU and I hope we pants OU in front of everybody on January 2nd.

And he has a tendency to take a crap in big bowl games.

Let's hope that continues

On 12/4/2016 at 1:58 PM, murpjf88 said:

Give Gus and the coaching staff a contract extension because they've finally figured it out?

We, as fans, see the details of how it happens, but there's no denying Gus has taken us to 4 straight bowls, 3 of them being New Year's Day or after. He's also been to what qualify as 2 New Years six bowls now. While we'd all love to be Alabama, probably not a whole lot of other teams in the country that can say that other than a few. 

5 hours ago, OUgravelveins said:

Welcome! Looking forward to a great game and what is already a great event for both programs! 

8 hours ago, gr82be said:

Hasn't Gus called all of the bowl games dating back to Chizik? 

Yeah but Gus coached teams is what I'm saying. 

2009 vs Northwestern: good offensive showing

2010 vs Oregon: pretty good offensive showing

2011 vs Virginia: really good offensive showing

2013 vs FSU: good offensive showing

2014 vs Wisconsin: not great, but not terrible offensive showing

2015 vs Memphis: pretty good offensive showing

11 hours ago, OUgravelveins said:

Welcome! As you say, be prepared bc almost any board has a "We will protect our house" crowd. We've had some pretty cool opposing fans here in the past and as long as there are  civilized discussions and not back and forth banter the majority of the board will have your back.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 2:59 PM, AUMASTERS said:

Malzahn ranked Oklahoma, which won the Big XII and will likely face Auburn in the Sugar Bowl, No. 6. Interestingly, Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops ranked his own squad No. 4 and has Auburn No. 19, behind Florida (No. 16), in his final ballot.

I hope we show Stoops that we are a top 10 team by beating OU's tail in the Bowl game; he has never ranked us where we deserve to be ranked, including 2004.

Not a smart move Mr. Stoops. You have awoken a super size Tiger that is going to bit you early and often. I like Arkansas part II with this one. With a healthy SW & Bubba, we will romp and stomp on the sooners. The sooners will soon be ready to get back on the plane to Norman after we do our damage. Our defense by the way will give old Booger Mayfield a lesson in good old SEC butt stomping. That attitude will give way to one of fear when Monty and Lawson spend the night in the sooner's backfield.

12 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Welcome! As you say, be prepared bc almost any board has a "We will protect our house" crowd. We've had some pretty cool opposing fans here in the past and as long as there are  civilized discussions and not back and forth banter the majority of the board will have your back.

will stay away from that site. There is way too much foul language in the world these days and is a bad thing. This is one reason I try to stay away from stadium games these days. I have a philosophy of never using foul language regardless of where I am. Folks will respect you far more than some foul mouth idiot that curses in order to make folks think he/she is a bad dude. Folks like this usually have a limited vocabulary and use foul language to fill in the blanks.

17 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Not a smart move Mr. Stoops. You have awoken a super size Tiger that is going to bit you early and often. I like Arkansas part II with this one. With a healthy SW & Bubba, we will romp and stomp on the sooners. The sooners will soon be ready to get back on the plane to Norman after we do our damage. Our defense by the way will give old Booger Mayfield a lesson in good old SEC butt stomping. That attitude will give way to one of fear when Monty and Lawson spend the night in the sooner's backfield.

Remember Leonard Postosties?

You seem to favor his writing style (or did he favor yours?).

WDE!

5 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Remember Leonard Postosties?

You seem to favor his writing style (or did he favor yours?).

WDE!

Did he do the Leonard's losers each week back in the 70s? I am not totally sure if I talking about the same person. My style is pretty much my own style. I have been told that I can be too much off of the edge at times!

13 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Did he do the Leonard's losers each week back in the 70s? I am not totally sure if I talking about the same person. My style is pretty much my own style. I have been told that I can be too much off of the edge at times!

Yessir - 

That's the guy (though I think that was a stage name).

Must'a been copying you.

Archived