Do we lose McGriff?

AlaskanFAN

So now that the Ole Miss DC is retired, does Hugh Freeze come after the Crime Dawg as his new DC. They are familiar with each other, he did architect a turn around for the Ole Miss secondary and started the Land Shark defense. He was also instrumental in recruiting several of the high profile 5* and 4* players before leaving for the Saints.  It would also be a promotion. Gus says he has not gotten any calls YET.

Part 2 - if he does go, who do we get to replace him?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

So now that the Ole Miss DC is retired, does Hugh Freeze come after the Crime Dawg as his new DC. They are familiar with each other, he did architect a turn around for the Ole Miss secondary and started the Land Shark defense. He was also instrumental in recruiting several of the high profile 5* and 4* players before leaving for the Saints.  It would also be a promotion. Gus says he has not gotten any calls YET.

Part 2 - if he does go, who do we get to replace him?

The best thing to do is to just make sure we keep him..period.

We have seen much better play overall and much better tackling in the secondary this year.  I hope we get to keep him for a while.  I don't think OM would be a good move right now.  

It's to risky, if he were offered. We don't know how long Freeze will be there with the NCAA likely to put some sanctions on them real soon. Depending on when the sanctions come in.. there may be no Freeze there anyways. WM would be going into a situation worse than what Dave Aranda went into at LSU. 

I certainly hope we keep him. One season isn't enough to see how much our secondary really improved (or didn't), but I think he's worth getting paid well if we need to bump his salary up.

4 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

It's to risky, if he were offered. We don't know how long Freeze will be there with the NCAA likely to put some sanctions on them real soon. Depending on when the sanctions come in.. there may be no Freeze there anyways. WM would be going into a situation worse than what Dave Aranda went into at LSU. 

I think Aranda did fine with his move to LSU.

I think that the Crime Dog has no intention of leave Auburn. Not sure where this idea came from. OM should go after someone 4-5 years away from retirement. I do not think any OC for OM will come from any SEC. Why would anyone want this job from the SEC?

I do think that Gus will give his defensive coaches a nice raise. As far as Aranda is concerned, he will either get a mid level coaching job after next season or a job in the NFL as a coordinator. I think that his goal is to eventually get a HC job. 

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

What about Tubberville as DC Ole Miss. 

He has a pine box he left there years ago made out of yellow wood waiting on him.

CTT to Ole MIss as their new DC, would be interesting no doubt.  It could be a strong hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopppppppppppopooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopop

The doc is a bit loopy tonight, but will return soon with a head of sssssssssssssssssssssssssl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, eibua12 said:

Charlie Strong to Ole Miss, unless he goes to Cincy... 

That would be scary. CS is a very good defensive coach

Tom Allen would be a good choice for OM. He has served on their coaching staff before moving to Indiana as their DC. This is a logical choice no doubt.

Did not know this.  I hope he does well there.

Archived