Do we lose McGriff?

AlaskanFAN

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

so if we lose mcgriff can we call bill oliver?   lol   i have no idea if he is still among the living.

lol @ "among the living"

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/5/2016 at 8:42 PM, bigbird said:

That would be scary. CS is a very good defensive coach

and a very good recruiter, especially in Florida.  Head Coach, not so much even with Louisville success in AAC (or whatever they were in before ACC).  Kind of like a certain OC in a lower level conference as opposed to SEC.

3 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

If McGriff leaves, Gus should go get Tracy Rocker.

You're right! Tracy was a hell of a corner.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

You're right! Tracy was a hell of a corner.

I just spit my tea on my Keyboard. :Sing:

Well he interviewed today with ole miss. so there is that.

22 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Well, if he interviewed today in Oxford, that's not good. Certainly not the news I wanted to hear, or maybe not hear.:angry:

they also interviewed colorado DC jim leavitt according to a ole miss guy on the radio. Freeze would have to be crazy to offer the job to a guy who is a position coach now over a guy with leavitts resume. Ole miss inability to attract any good candidates because of the ncaa cloud may be what takes away one of our best recruiters.

4 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I hope for AU's sake Freeze opts for Leavitt instead of Mcgriff:flag:

amen brotha!! WDE!

16 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Well he lives next to me and there is no for sale sign in the yard. 

So, what you're saying is that you will be over there, tonight, with 6-pack of a nice microbrew, just to let them know how much you like having them in the neighborhood... right?  

We all know how slow the NCAA is when their looking into a program. I believe they will drop the hammer on OM sometime after the season. I'd love to see Ole Piss get slammed on signing day.

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

So, what you're saying is that you will be over there, tonight, with 6-pack of a nice microbrew, just to let them know how much you like having them in the neighborhood... right?  

Can we start a fund? I'll contribute....

In my life I have run into quit a few sports stars, music artists, tv/movie stars and coaches/players from NFL/college. I always try to talk to them about anything other than what they do for a living. Almost always the conversations last longer and are appreciated more than, if I just talked about what they do.  

So the funny thing is that I just ran into him and it was not in our neiborhood. The bottom line is, he is looking forward to some quality family time now that the dead period has started. 

Sorry guys no secret squirrel news. I just don't like to dig deep into people's private lives. Lord knows I want him to stay, but he has to do what's best for him and his family.

Lionheartkc I am not slamming you, I laughed at your post and was thinking the same thing. BUT if the for sale sign goes up you guys will be the first to know. 

Dang it I forgot to do the quote thingy, of who I was replying to. 

10 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

In my life I have run into quit a few sports stars, music artists, tv/movie stars and coaches/players from NFL/college. I always try to talk to them about anything other than what they do for a living. Almost always the conversations last longer and are appreciated more than, if I just talked about what they do.  

So the funny thing is that I just ran into him and it was not in our neiborhood. The bottom line is, he is looking forward to some quality family time now that the dead period has started. 

Sorry guys no secret squirrel news. I just don't like to dig deep into people's private lives. Lord knows I want him to stay, but he has to do what's best for him and his family.

Lionheartkc I am not slamming you, I laughed at your post and was thinking the same thing. BUT if the for sale sign goes up you guys will be the first to know. 

Dang it I forgot to do the quote thingy, of who I was replying to. 

See... that's why the beer is to tell him how much you like having him as a neighbor... not how much you like having him as a coach at Auburn ;)

Archived