Do we lose McGriff?

AlaskanFAN

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

If McGriff does get the coordinator spot at Ol Miss who do we go after? 

Any chance we finally bring Joe Whitt Jr home?

18 hours ago, selias said:

Truth

Actually folks, Ole Miss goes all over the south to recruit beautiful girls to come to all home games for them. After the game, the girls get their $250.00 cash reward and are driven to their real home. Take this out of the picture, Ole Miss has a ton of "butt ugly girls" that roam the campus on any given day!

2 hours ago, TIGGR82 said:

Joe Whitt was a super coach indeed. Joe Whitt Jr. is a heck of a good coach that follows in the footstep of Joe Sr.  I do think the Crime Dog will be with us a good while. He has done a superb coaching job this season that will be hard to beat!

8 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Joe Whitt was a super coach indeed. Joe Whitt Jr. is a heck of a good coach that follows in the footstep of Joe Sr.  I do think the Crime Dog will be with us a good while. He has done a superb coaching job this season that will be hard to beat!

Can I get that in writing?

It appears our DB coaching position is a stepping stone to an SEC D Coordinator position.  That's not a bad angle to pitch when looking for a replacement.

19 hours ago, TIGGR82 said:

All reports I've seen indicate that Whitt Jr is on the fast track up the ladder in the NFL and he likes it there. He'd have to take a severe pay cut to come to AU.

I don't know if Dell McGee is a good secondary coach because he has coached running backs for the past few years after moving up from the high school ranks.  He played a while in the league and I'm sure knows secondary play just not sure if he is a great coach.  So far has proven to be a excellent recruiter.  

42 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I don't know if Dell McGee is a good secondary coach because he has coached running backs for the past few years after moving up from the high school ranks.  He played a while in the league and I'm sure knows secondary play just not sure if he is a great coach.  So far has proven to be a excellent recruiter.  

That's great and all, but I don't think it would bode well for the program to replace a former NFL coach with an unproven up and comer from the high school ranks.  

I'm still hoping Ole Miss finds someone who has DC experience and is desperate enough to jump on a sinking ship.

On 12/13/2016 at 10:38 AM, lionheartkc said:

If we're lucky, the NCAA hammer will fall before he has to make any decisions.

FYI - the NCAA was still investigating as recently as the week of Thanksgiving.  They interviewed at least one 2016 signee from another program about his OM recruitment and his interactions with the OM staff. 

Just now, keesler said:

FYI - the NCAA was still investigating as recently as the week of Thanksgiving.  They interviewed at least one 2016 signee from another program about his OM recruitment and his interactions with the OM staff. 

Yup... they sure do love to take their time...

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Yup... they sure do love to take their time...

Well, when OM refused to slow their roll with the recruiting shenanigans while under NCAA investigation then they have no one to blame but themselves.  The NCAA lead investigator had crap literally thrown in her lap about the most recent class that signed in February, leaving them with no choice but to question the kids.

Just now, keesler said:

Well, when OM refused to slow their roll with the recruiting shenanigans while under NCAA investigation then they have no one to blame but themselves.  The NCAA lead investigator had crap literally thrown in her lap about the most recent class that signed in February, leaving them with no choice but to question the kids.

I wonder if they are having trouble getting kids to talk or if they are just trying to amass a huge pile of evidence.  I can't think it would be too hard to find some damning evidence when you are offering immunity.

26 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

That's great and all, but I don't think it would bode well for the program to replace a former NFL coach with an unproven up and comer from the high school ranks.  

I'm still hoping Ole Miss finds someone who has DC experience and is desperate enough to jump on a sinking ship.

Oh i'm not putting my stamp of approval on Dell.  Just know he's a former player and at a rival school.  Plus we seem to be struggling in recruiting Ga now.  Unless we close strong in recruiting Ga then it will be the weakest year in a long time from that state.  Regardless of where we finish overall.  We have to get several of the top 10 from alabama, several of the top 25 from Ga, and several of the top 50 from Florida.  That is our recruiting base.  

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

I wonder if they are having trouble getting kids to talk or if they are just trying to amass a huge pile of evidence.  I can't think it would be too hard to find some damning evidence when you are offering immunity.

From what I understand the allegations/possible evidence won't stop.  When they get to the bottom of one issue and gather what they need, another rabbit pops up out of a hole and waves his fuzzy ass at them and they have to crawl down that hole and dig to get the bottom of it.  Just my opinion, but I imagine the ncaa has a lot of animosity by this point. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

All reports I've seen indicate that Whitt Jr is on the fast track up the ladder in the NFL and he likes it there. He'd have to take a severe pay cut to come to AU.

Yep. Only way Jr even would listen's to AU would be for the DC job. 

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Yep. Only way Jr even would listen's to AU would be for the DC job. 

And that wouldn't be a bad hire

24 minutes ago, keesler said:

From what I understand the allegations/possible evidence won't stop.  When they get to the bottom of one issue and gather what they need, another rabbit pops up out of a hole and waves his fuzzy ass at them and they have to crawl down that hole and dig to get the bottom of it.  Just my opinion, but I imagine the ncaa has a lot of animosity by this point. 

This seems to be a tactic...at UNC...every time the NCAA is ready for an announcement....suddenly there is something else that needs to be looked into and the school and coaches are off the hook for another year.   "kicking the can down the road" usually works in Washington for the politicians....and seems to be working for a number of chronic cheaters in college sports too. 

Archived