AUF Anglers

Tournament and big fish winner on West Point Lake late October. She was just under 7lbs. 

56853E8D-119A-4C65-8113-294D6F38B75B.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, alexava said:

What is this?

That’s a good ole Redfish! Yummmmm

On 12/16/2019 at 8:17 PM, augolf1716 said:

You look pissed off:poke:

Lol I wasn’t but I was soaked to the bone.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

That’s a good ole Redfish! Yummmmm

I couldn’t see the tail making.  I’m not very familiar with them coastal fish anyway.

On 12/15/2019 at 2:11 AM, autigeremt said:

Tournament and big fish winner on West Point Lake late October. She was just under 7lbs. 

Lived in WP out of college and fished it almost daily in its "hey day" 80's. Remember watching weigh ins that took 30 plus pounds to win. Been a long time but heck of a lake then. 

On 12/26/2019 at 6:43 PM, alexava said:

What is this?

You can barely see the spot on its tail if you look close. Redfish in the  gulf of mexico (the one in the picture) tend to have a silver color to them. Whereas inland Reds are more brown/darker. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You can barely see the spot on its tail if you look close. Redfish in the  gulf of mexico (the one in the picture) tend to have a silver color to them. Whereas inland Reds are more brown/darker. 

Guessing that was a 20" or better Redfish. 

We use those for bait over at Mexico Beach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

First feesh of 2020. I wound up getting a Lew’s Tournament Speed Spool 7:1 left hand and matched it with a Daiwa MH rod for ripping cranks. Looks like it worked. 

Got a gar 🤷‍♂️. Big bass went for 3.55. 

hjZchgY.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Where and details.........dynamite?

Delacroix, Louisiana. Marsh adjacent to Mississippi river - with duck season over, the waters are free game if you can find a boat launch. Reds and cats were caught on 1/8oz jighead w/ frozen shrimp (live shrimp are hard to find right now because of all the flooding this summer). Bass were caught on 1/16oz jighead w/ plastic grub and spoon. 

"Salty cats" are no good, but as long as there isn't too much salinity, they are quite tastey!

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Why WD40?

Ha. I've actually found it very useful for maintenance of my filet knifes. Periodically apply just a tad after use. 

Edited by NolaAuTiger
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Ha. I've actually found it very useful for maintenance of my filet knifes. Periodically apply just a tad after use. 

PBR works well to......cheaper than WD40

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Absolutely. The reds.

I blacken crappie, usually.  You probably call them sockalee. I have no idea how to spell that. “Sac-a-lait” I googled. 

Edited by alexava
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, alexava said:

I blacken crappie, usually.  You probably call them sockalee. I have no idea how to spell that. “Sac-a-lait” I googled. 

They call the bass in brackish waters "green trout".

Love to eat crappie and that type of fishing. 

12 hours ago, alexava said:

I actually use the term croppie. ha. But yes all the homegrown locals refer to crappie as sacalait, and large mouth as "green trout." 

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I actually use the term croppie. ha. But yes all the homegrown locals refer to crappie as sacalait, and large mouth as "green trout." 

Avid crappie fisherman around here call bass green carp.