AUF Anglers

23 minutes ago, alexava said:

I wish. In total reality, I ain't got time to fish. Maybe later in the fall. Just too busy. But it's almost always crappie. Sometimes bream and shell crackers. 

To hot to really enjoy fishing now if you are in the south Alex imo. Fall, winter ......crappie, bream. You da man  Alex. Time? you have the same time all of do. Priorities Al 

Edited by SaltyTiger

34 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

To hot to really enjoy fishing now if you are in the south Alex imo. Fall, winter ......crappie, bream. You da man  Alex. Time? you have the same time all of do. Priorities Al 

I'm building a privacy fence now. And you jinxed me a few days ago. You blabbered something about "go fix a plumbing leak ". Well, figured out(closet floor soaked) outside faucet had froze at some point. Trying to use pressure washer left it on 3 hours. This is a slab house and the genius plumber installed this thing in the perpendicular wall BETWEEN THE SHOWER AND GARDEN TUB. It's always something. 

13 minutes ago, alexava said:

I'm building a privacy fence now. And you jinxed me a few days ago. You blabbered something about "go fix a plumbing leak ". Well, figured out(closet floor soaked) outside faucet had froze at some point. Trying to use pressure washer left it on 3 hours. This is a slab house and the genius plumber installed this thing in the perpendicular wall BETWEEN THE SHOWER AND GARDEN TUB. It's always something. 

Hate that Alex. Privacy fence could be nice fun and gratifying. Plumbing is a bummer....I do not like to jinx people. Hope you don't have a sewer problem, or a roof leak ^-^

15 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Well, I didn't get out during the actual eclipse, but I did catch a couple on the topwater frog. What a fun way to fish. 

NOGVlPo.jpg

Top water is fun. Been a while since I have tried it and never used a frog. Love the old Hoola Popper and Jitterbug. 

• 4 weeks later...

She was somewhere between 7 and 8, probably closer to 8. Pic looks a little deceptive because I'm 6 ft and around 240 these days. I'll say this, in spring with a full load of eggs and a full belly she would probably have been knocking on the 10 lb door. Easily the biggest mouth on one I had ever caught and I've had maybe 50 or more in the 7-8lb range. Released her back to make some more baby hawgs in the future. :hellyeah:

Pond is next to my best friends house in Harris County,Ga. He was telling me there weren't any more big fish left in there about 5 minutes before she hit.

:cool:

• Like 1

On 9/16/2017 at 11:47 AM, SCTimbo said:

She was somewhere between 7 and 8, probably closer to 8. Pic looks a little deceptive because I'm 6 ft and around 240 these days. I'll say this, in spring with a full load of eggs and a full belly she would probably have been knocking on the 10 lb door. Easily the biggest mouth on one I had ever caught and I've had maybe 50 or more in the 7-8lb range. Released her back to make some more baby hawgs in the future. :hellyeah:

Pond is next to my best friends house in Harris County,Ga. He was telling me there weren't any more big fish left in there about 5 minutes before she hit.

:cool:

She does have a big ol bucket mouth. Nice fish. 

Bite has seemingly turned off for me these past few days. We had some Fall-type weather the previous week what with Harvey and Irma. But I did pull in a 4.1lb at 11AM...I never fish in the morning, but I was out running an errand or two and decided to drop in at the pond. 

Np5tWiO.jpg

And then this week I caught these two about an hour and a half apart in the same exact spot. They both were crashing on shad and both were caught in a single cast to their area on wacky rigged plastic worms. 

mtRKJlW.jpg

But the last 3 outings have yielded me nothing. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Fished a tourny on Lay Saturday. Tough, tough, tough. 15lbs took 1st place with most boats not catching even 10lbs myself included. Did not sit well. Went back Sunday and caught 16lbs. Day late dollar short for sure, but at least figured them out. Spent way to much time fishing for spotted bass Saturday. Stayed in the grass all day Sunday. Water temps still in 70's. Will drop soon Can't wait. 

• Like 1

Bite has been super tough around here. But I did land a 3lb a few minutes before the bottom dropped out of a rain cloud last week. 

Blew a bearing in my Daiwa Tatula, so that’s really bummed me out. 

17 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Bite has been super tough around here. But I did land a 3lb a few minutes before the bottom dropped out of a rain cloud last week. 

Blew a bearing in my Daiwa Tatula, so that’s really bummed me out. 

That is a great reel. Should be reparable. 

4 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

That is a great reel. Should be reparable. 

I haven’t gotten around to looking to see if they have a warranty yet. But I know the box and instructions didn’t have anything. 

I was probably going to ask for another one for Christmas and throw my Abu Garcia Black Max on the shelf. 

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I haven’t gotten around to looking to see if they have a warranty yet. But I know the box and instructions didn’t have anything. 

I was probably going to ask for another one for Christmas and throw my Abu Garcia Black Max on the shelf. 

Surely there is a decent tackle shop in your neck of the woods that repairs reels. Seems that I recall one in Southaven. Of course you could mail it to Daiwa: http://www.daiwa.com/us/service/

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Surely there is a decent tackle shop in your neck of the woods that repairs reels. Seems that I recall one in Southaven. Of course you could mail it to Daiwa: http://www.daiwa.com/us/service/

It’s been hectic around here with my wife’s grandfather passing away and we’ve both been battling sinus/ear infections; I just haven’t had the time to try to investigate. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

It’s been hectic around here with my wife’s grandfather passing away and we’ve both been battling sinus/ear infections; I just haven’t had the time to try to investigate. 

Sorry to hear about your loss and hope you guys get well soon. 

• Thanks 1

Did some wading in some rubber boots today. T rigged worm, some flavor of pumpkin. I was out of Senkos and broke into one of the sample packs from MTB.

I haven’t t-rigged in a looong time after discovering Senko.

Music is hip hop(Kendrick Lamar), so mute if you want.

• Like 1

Obviously I’ve been playing around with the GoPro and started a YT account; but this is my last video tonight I promise. 

Mundane video. Mostly struggling with hang ups because I felt a bite over there. “Payoff” is around 2:20, and it’s not much. No editing or music. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

Finding those knee high wading boots in the garage has helped tremendously in accessing this pond. Went out from 8:30-10:30am and landed 6. 

T-rigged Smartbaits Smart Bomb color changing plastic worm. Had this sample pack in my bag for months from MTB and it’s been killer. Definitely recommend this bait!

3.8 and 2.9 in this pic. 

j6wDXYF.jpg

Full vid:

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

Fished a tourny at Jordan Saturday. Knew it would be tough with the ultra clear water and the knowledge it only took 15lbs to win last week. It was windy from the start so focused on spotted bass with jerkbait, spinnerbait and shaky head. Plan worked and caught them with regularity until mid morning, but decided to go for a big bite in the grass. Never got one. 16lbs won and we ended up 4th with 13lbs and change.