AUF Anglers

On 11/24/2017 at 5:28 PM, AUFAN78 said:

I am a Daiwa fan.

Old post, but I will second the Daiwa.  Tatula CT Type R paired with 13 Fishing Omen Black has been my favorite combo for a while now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Strychnine said:

Old post, but I will second the Daiwa.  Tatula CT Type R paired with 13 Fishing Omen Black has been my favorite combo for a while now.

Great combo.

• 3 weeks later...

4lb spot from Lake Mitchell today. Won my first tournament of the season with 17.38lbs. 4 spots and 1 largemouth. Last weekend took 4th on Lake Martin with 14.52lbs of spots. Hope the month continues like this!!

58A21633-270D-424E-9406-C3BC795CB23A.jpeg

Edited by autigeremt
  • Like 4

Congrats to Auburn alum Jordan Lee for winning back-to-back Bassmaster Classics!!! That young man is a hammer! War Eagle

Brother Matt finished 4th
Edited by ValleyTiger
  • Like 3

On 3/18/2018 at 5:49 PM, ValleyTiger said:
Congrats to Auburn alum Jordan Lee for winning back-to-back Bassmaster Classics!!! That young man is a hammer! War Eagle

Brother Matt finished 4th

So my oldest daughter did a job shadow with Jordan's dad this week, and overhead Dr. Lee telling someone that Jordan will end up with three new boats now.  How nice it must be!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

Finally got to wet a hook!  

B0B94A34-D443-4035-974A-0A34861CDBD7.jpeg

FC16307C-42F8-46D5-BCC0-036C90CD1B17.jpeg

...with, it would seem, to some good effect.

• Like 1

1st kayak trip of the year ( Monday). Only had 3 hours and my gps/ ff connection was awry so I only got 9. Pretty good uns though. 

6CF36F4D-F38F-4A5B-A413-CD4DC960846E.jpeg

FE3F7F74-F41A-46EB-A45E-30355EF1BD70.jpeg

AF87358E-09E4-4F1D-8FDC-86B8C9902297.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, alexava said:

1st kayak trip of the year ( Monday). Only had 3 hours and my gps/ ff connection was awry so I only got 9. Pretty good uns though. 

6CF36F4D-F38F-4A5B-A413-CD4DC960846E.jpeg

FE3F7F74-F41A-46EB-A45E-30355EF1BD70.jpeg

AF87358E-09E4-4F1D-8FDC-86B8C9902297.jpeg

Where did you fish?

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:42 PM, Strychnine said:

Second reel I purchased was a Team Daiwa baitcast reel 1984..........back then Bass Pro Shops had C.O.D............was 40 bucks short but dad carried me lol

Last bass reels I purchased were 2 Shimano 200e7's and a Shimano ej 301........ej is a little overkill for bass so I use it for pig n jig ,frog and swimbaits.

I have a dozen or so cedar trees blocked down in this area. It’s my favorite spot for decades. We put them out 8-9 years ago. Last year I got in there with extremely low water level and marked all them on my new HB688. Before that I could find them without gps as they were bigger. They have deteriorated. I only found two Monday. 

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

Wheeler. 

Very nice............At 6'5 320 belly boats, bass hunters and kayaks waved bye bye several years back.......If not for the cronic nerve pain Ive suffered for past 25yrs(manageable till 2008) always wanted to try kayak fishing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alexava said:

I have a dozen or so cedar trees blocked down in this area. It’s my favorite spot for decades. We put them out 8-9 years ago. Last year I got in there with extremely low water level and marked all them on my new HB688. Before that I could find them without gps as they were bigger. They have deteriorated. I only found two Monday. 

Nothing gives a better appreciation for nature than a good fishing trip. Here's to catching a limit :beer2:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Very nice............At 6'5 320 belly boats, bass hunters and kayaks waved bye bye several years back.......If not for the cronic nerve pain Ive suffered for past 25yrs(manageable till 2008) always wanted to try kayak fishing.

I love the kayak. I have two boats that only get wet when I take someone with me. That morning I was supposed to take my 81 year old neighbor. I went to his house to get him. ( thankfully before I got it loaded down and connected to the truck). His wife said he already went with another friend. She apologized for him standing me up. But I joked ( not really joking) that I was glad he was out of the picture so I could go yakking instead. 

But you are correct as far as back pain. I have been blessed with good luck most my life with my back.  Some days in the kayak hurts a good back. 

55 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Nothing gives a better appreciation for nature than a good fishing trip. Here's to catching a limit :beer2:

I got one limit last year and a couple of near limits. I don’t keep 9” crappie. If I have to measure them I release. So I don’t drag in 30 very often. The guy I fish with the most that got me interested in kayaks is the best fisherman I have ever known or heard of. He can limit out nearly any day of the year. He doesn’t keep anything over about 13”. I have watched him release 15-17” fish literally dozens of times. 

• Like 2

When I was in my late teens I had an 8lb 11oz and a 7lb 2oz mounted.........lost both in hurricane Katrina.

With cameras so readily available I release all bass I catch..........

Got a late start this year for bass as January and February are my favorite big bass months....

I cant stay long as I would like........my mind is up for it......back wont allow it..........very thankful for the time I do spend?