Null



Sign in to follow this  
ShocksMyBrain

AUF Anglers

Recommended Posts

Is anybody here on Auburn's fishing team?

Does anybody here even know Auburn has a fishing team? :)

My son was on it for 2 years.  They traveled expense-free all over fishing tournaments against other colleges.  They fished a tournament in Gadsden, AL one year, and there was 2 inches of snow in their boat when they got done.  The weather was so bad that winner of that tournament caught only one bass: an 11 pounder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




1 hour ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Is anybody here on Auburn's fishing team?

Does anybody here even know Auburn has a fishing team? :)

My son was on it for 2 years.  They traveled expense-free all over fishing tournaments against other colleges.  They fished a tournament in Gadsden, AL one year, and there was 2 inches of snow in their boat when they got done.  The weather was so bad that winner of that tournament caught only one bass: an 11 pounder.

I did........the back to back bassmaster champion was on Auburn's team as well as his brother..........Steve Kennedey still resides in Auburn when not on tour.....Duhhhhhhhhhh😁...........just kidding.........I usually follow starting January when the fishing bug hits me hard👍 

 Ive never seen anything on this forum concerning Auburn's fishing team.............yet there's thousands of discussions on CGM salary SMH

Edited by kevon67
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Is anybody here on Auburn's fishing team?

Does anybody here even know Auburn has a fishing team? :)

My son was on it for 2 years.  They traveled expense-free all over fishing tournaments against other colleges.  They fished a tournament in Gadsden, AL one year, and there was 2 inches of snow in their boat when they got done.  The weather was so bad that winner of that tournament caught only one bass: an 11 pounder.

I think I watched that Gasden Tournament on youtube...........was it a big bass tourney or reg season schedule? 

Some here have posted pics of their kids that fish on their HS teams..............I think it's great having bass fishing on HS and College level👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Is anybody here on Auburn's fishing team?

Does anybody here even know Auburn has a fishing team? :)

My son was on it for 2 years.  They traveled expense-free all over fishing tournaments against other colleges.  They fished a tournament in Gadsden, AL one year, and there was 2 inches of snow in their boat when they got done.  The weather was so bad that winner of that tournament caught only one bass: an 11 pounder.

I have a friend of the family whose son is a freshman on the team this year. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kevon67 said:

 

I think I watched that Gasden Tournament on youtube...........was it a big bass tourney or reg season schedule? 

Some here have posted pics of their kids that fish on their HS teams..............I think it's great having bass fishing on HS and College level👍

IIRC, the tournament you watched was the week after the college tournament there.

Those 2 tournaments were one week apart.  11 lbs (one fish) won the college tourney, and the pro winner the next week had 35+ lbs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kevon67 said:

 

I think I watched that Gasden Tournament on youtube...........was it a big bass tourney or reg season schedule? 

Some here have posted pics of their kids that fish on their HS teams..............I think it's great having bass fishing on HS and College level👍

My son is 28.  When he was a freshman in high school (new school for him), he was invited to join the skeet shooting team.  I had no idea that high schools even had shooting teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KolchakAU85 said:

My son is 28.  When he was a freshman in high school (new school for him), he was invited to join the skeet shooting team.  I had no idea that high schools even had shooting teams. 

My friend we are close in age.......let's raise a toast to the 80's.😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been awhile fellas! 

Here’s a big mama from Lake Martin two weeks ago. 

C3F7400A-A76B-4454-969C-670B81AA38DA.jpeg

E15B5589-D5A0-43AC-BB3C-3C8F571D72DA.jpeg

B1FCF4A7-759F-4ED9-8CC0-77AAF558F8EA.jpeg

  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Been awhile fellas! 

Here’s a big mama from Lake Martin two weeks ago. 

C3F7400A-A76B-4454-969C-670B81AA38DA.jpeg

E15B5589-D5A0-43AC-BB3C-3C8F571D72DA.jpeg

B1FCF4A7-759F-4ED9-8CC0-77AAF558F8EA.jpeg

Love the AU cap❤..............mind sharing what you caught her on?...........12in worm?......pig n jig?.........I must know please😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1/4 oz War Eagle Spinner bait white and char. with a Zoom white ice paddle tail fluke. Double willow leaf gold blades. 

Edited by autigeremt
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

1/4 oz War Eagle Spinner bait white and char. with a Zoom white ice paddle tail fluke. Double willow leaf gold blades. 

Love War Eagle spinner baits.........well worth the extra dollar.......also has cool name😁............thank you for posting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, autigeremt said:

1/4 oz War Eagle Spinner bait white and char. with a Zoom white ice paddle tail fluke. Double willow leaf gold blades. 

Is that code for something:poke:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trip out of Venice LA that my son set up last Friday. Name of boat is "Job Site". Interesting story behind the name. Great day in 10 hours. Tuna, Wahoo, Marlin,

Dolphin/Mahi  Mahi, limited out on snapper.

Venice B.jpeg

Venice S.jpeg

venice SF.jpeg

Venice.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Trip out of Venice LA that my son set up last Friday. Name of boat is "Job Site". Interesting story behind the name. Great day in 10 hours. Tuna, Wahoo, Marlin,

Dolphin/Mahi  Mahi, limited out on snapper.

Venice B.jpeg

Venice S.jpeg

venice SF.jpeg

Venice.jpeg

Now I am craving some blackened Mahi Mahi.😢

Edited by kevon67
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Now I am craving some blackened Mahi Mahi.😢

Love that type of stuff but will take good fillet size crappie or bream any day. Much less work and a bundle less expense wise.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Love that type of stuff but will take good fillet size crappie or bream any day. Much less work and a bundle less expense wise.

Thats a fact.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2019 at 6:48 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Love that type of stuff but will take good fillet size crappie or bream any day. Much less work and a bundle less expense wise.

I chase crappie pretty hard (when I can). But as far as eating, bream and shellcracker are most better. 

Edited by alexava

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took like half the year off due to the heat and real life issues. Gonna get back after it hard in 2020. 
 

That said, my Daiwa Tatula Type R is busted and I’m looking to replace. Do any of you have a suggestion for a baitcaster in the $100-150 range? Magnetic brakes preferred. Do I just go Tatula again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I took like half the year off due to the heat and real life issues. Gonna get back after it hard in 2020. 
 

That said, my Daiwa Tatula Type R is busted and I’m looking to replace. Do any of you have a suggestion for a baitcaster in the $100-150 range? Magnetic brakes preferred. Do I just go Tatula again?

Abu Garcia Revo............always liked Shimano...........last Shimano purchase was 2012.........not sure these days.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Couple of twin 22" Redfish. Bay St Louis MS on Iron Bowl morning. We always win after catching fish morning of game.

 

IMG_0783.JPG

Brother you were but a few miles away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Couple of twin 22" Redfish. Bay St Louis MS on Iron Bowl morning. We always win after catching fish morning of game.

 

IMG_0783.JPG

Bay St.Louis........you were fishing with a Farve, Ladner, or Necaise😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Brother you were but a few miles away.

Doubt that a lot of people realize how nice of area that is. Good way of life for the right people IMO. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Bay St.Louis........you were fishing with a Farve, Ladner, or Necaise😂

No, but have seen a boat Brett supposedly owns over at Orange Beach....Wow!

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this