AUF Anglers

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Have to take the dog to the vet this morning. No wind today. Always something. I might try t fish a little later. Off all week. 

Good week to be off. Lot of turkey hunting vs crowding the lakes.

• 2 months later...

Do not use super worms for bait. Bought some from Petco to try as bream bait. Bit my finger, chewed my hook off, ruined new rod.

Have since heard horror stories about them.

26879CF2-6F30-4BF7-A05D-653812F3F0CB.jpeg

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Do not use super worms for bait. Bought some from Petco to try as bream bait. Bit my finger, chewed my hook off, ruined new rod.

Have since heard horror stories about them.

26879CF2-6F30-4BF7-A05D-653812F3F0CB.jpeg

Damn sounds like a monster worm

16 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn sounds like a monster worm

Yep, SuperWorms. Thumb has been numb for 2 days. No warning on container. I would not put them in a boat.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://fb.watch/ef9s44PkZ1/

I haven’t posted here in a while. Actually haven’t been on the forum much at all. Still very proud of Alex and his team. Alex and Jamison had the BASS Angler of the Year award all but locked up and lost it to the only boat who had any chance to catch them in the last tournament at Weiss Lake back a couple months ago. However the 6 man team won the state championship at Lake Eufala. Heading to Lake Hartwell in South Carolina next month for Nationals. This is his coach and an 8th grade teammate ( probably the only 2 who didn’t have to work the day they shot this) representing the team and fundraising for the trip. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, alexava said:

https://fb.watch/ef9s44PkZ1/

I haven’t posted here in a while. Actually haven’t been on the forum much at all. Still very proud of Alex and his team. Alex and Jamison had the BASS Angler of the Year award all but locked up and lost it to the only boat who had any chance to catch them in the last tournament at Weiss Lake back a couple months ago. However the 6 man team won the state championship at Lake Eufala. Heading to Lake Hartwell in South Carolina next month for Nationals. This is his coach and an 8th grade teammate ( probably the only 2 who didn’t have to work the day they shot this) representing the team and fundraising for the trip. 

Thanks for the update a great video. Years ago met the late Tom Mann at the Lake Point lodge on Eufala. Said in his lifetime had done so much competition fishing that he could not enjoy leisure fishing. Just stayed to intense when trying.

Been crazy where I have been fishing. Feeding sprees mid afternoon heat of day,  relatively deep water,  trick worms. Heat has run me off with fish biting past several times.

• Like 1

I haven’t fished much this year. I’m currently working on a lot of structures I’m going to drop over the next couple months.  I’m obsessing about getting some upgrades on electronics. But you are right about the heat. I don’t want to get out in the kayak in this. In the boat it’s going to be night or very early morning. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Anyone happen to see the video of the guys cheating in the walleye tourney.....Talk about low lifes.....Hope charges of some sort are filed.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Anyone happen to see the video of the guys cheating in the walleye tourney.....Talk about low lifes.....Hope charges of some sort are filed.

My son telling me about that yesterday. Will check it out. Has that not happened before in a bass tournament?

7 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

My son telling me about that yesterday. Will check it out. Has that not happened before in a bass tournament?

It has.......just think of that money they stole makes me mad.........imagine how the competitors felt.

On 7/14/2022 at 11:15 AM, alexava said:

I haven’t fished much this year. I’m currently working on a lot of structures I’m going to drop over the next couple months.  I’m obsessing about getting some upgrades on electronics. But you are right about the heat. I don’t want to get out in the kayak in this. In the boat it’s going to be night or very early morning. 

I used to raid the Christmas tree drop offs in Mobile back in the early 90's❤️

9 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

It has.......just think of that money they stole makes me mad.........imagine how the competitors felt.

Read about it this morning. Guess when that kind of money involved stupid shows up.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Nice! Mind telling where?

Know of a place off Dauphin Island where loads of stucture been placed.... Coordinates are..........sorry wifes calling me🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

Know of a place off Dauphin Island where loads of stucture been placed.... Coordinates are..........sorry wifes calling me🤣

Where’d ya catchem?…..in the mouth.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Read about it this morning. Guess when that kind of money involved stupid shows up.

If not mistaken fish were not required to be alive which in my opinion doesn't help and leaves a huge open door.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Where’d ya catchem?…..in the mouth.

Actually ashamed to admit x wife's nephews worked at the marina and you would be surprised how many Captains would leave their log book behind.......always thought that was low........also why they looked over their shoulder alot when fishing.

1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

Actually ashamed to admit x wife's nephews worked at the marina and you would be surprised how many Captains would leave their log book behind.......always thought that was low........also why they looked over their shoulder alot when fishing.

Signs on charters now saying “ Coordinates, don’t even try”. Meaning with phones I guess.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Nice! Mind telling where?

Yea. We actually had to cart our kayaks about a half mile under the interstate 65 bridge over the Tennessee river. Fished the dewatering area backwater swamp. Water was unusually low, 18”. Spider rigging 6 rods with jigs 6-10” under water. 

• Thanks 1

We actually kept 50. My buddy only likes 9-10” crappie so he picked out the small ones and the 34 is what I brought home. They look rough because I iced them and watched the game I recorded. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kevon67 said:

I used to raid the Christmas tree drop offs in Mobile back in the early 90's❤️

I don’t like Christmas trees. They are not good for about a year because of the odor the sap gives off and don’t last 2. 

928366C5-2A19-4E3F-89A9-5E3B7B2ED685.jpeg

• Like 2